Singapore Expats

childcare for 9 months old

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
julie leena

childcare for 9 months old

Post by julie leena » Wed, 10 Jan 2007 9:59 pm

hello all

does somebody know of a good child care center for my 9 month old girl? I would like to enrol my daugther for 1 or 2 days per week, just to get her used to other people and having fun with other kids.

thank you for any answers.

jasmine_g

Post by jasmine_g » Thu, 25 Jan 2007 4:41 pm

Hi Julie, I am a fully qualified montessori teacher and would be interested in looking after your little girl.I have a 7 month old son. If interested please email me at [email protected]

Ma'am

Post by Ma'am » Sun, 28 Jan 2007 9:38 am

Instead of day care/nursery you could try to take her to some mother/child classes (at this age it is much nicer for the child to be with her mother I think). That way you both get involved and she doesn't experience any of the stress of being left alone with strangers but has some great fun time with mum and learns to slowly interact with others.
I take mine to busy buddies in UE square which I have to say after doing the rounds at gymboree (Tanglin Mall), rhythm-in-me (UE Square) etc is our favourite. The Early Learning Centre (Paragon) also offers some really nice classes - my mothers group did some private classes with one of the instructors there and she was absolutely brilliant - really involved with the little ones. She still works at the elc as far as I know.
Just realised I cant actually remember if you said you did have a girl - sorry if you have a boy!

Edited to add - if you are going back to work then ignore this! Cant help with any info regarding day care etc in that case I'm afraid.

dbenne22
Regular
Regular

Being social in the East

Post by dbenne22 » Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:32 am

Hi Julie,

Nicole and I have recently moved to Singapore, have a 10 month old boy and are living in Katong, opposite Parkway Parade.

We too would like our son to spend time with some kids of his own age - if you are nearby and would like to meet up, please drop me a line - [email protected].

Regards - Don, Nicole and Min