Singapore Expats Forum

Any salsa enthusiasts here?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
gupt
Regular
Regular

Any salsa enthusiasts here?

Postby gupt » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 3:59 pm

Hi,

I've learnt the beginners level 1 of salsa. Basically 5 classes. So I know enuf to not stand like an idiot if I go to a salsa club. But that is all I can say! :P

Am a big fan of the dance and want to continue learning. Will be taking up classes Feb onwards. Was wondering if theres anyone here who wud like to go clubbing every week to some salsa club? I've been to union square a few times.

Please let me know. Thanks!!

Gupt

saint73
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Any salsa enthusiasts here?

Postby saint73 » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 4:54 pm

gupt wrote:Hi,

I've learnt the beginners level 1 of salsa. Basically 5 classes. So I know enuf to not stand like an idiot if I go to a salsa club. But that is all I can say! :P

Am a big fan of the dance and want to continue learning. Will be taking up classes Feb onwards. Was wondering if theres anyone here who wud like to go clubbing every week to some salsa club? I've been to union square a few times.

Gupt
:lol: Join ST jame outing u will knw hw gd they are.... :roll:

carte
Regular
Regular

Re: Any salsa enthusiasts here?

Postby carte » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 5:57 pm

Gupt

yeah pm me and we will head to movida some day!

carte
Regular
Regular

Postby carte » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 6:20 pm

anyone here does bachata as well?

gupt
Regular
Regular

Postby gupt » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 10:38 pm

Hi,

I can't PM yet coz i -just- joined. But was juz wondering, do you go regularly? And is it during the week or mostly weekends? Lemme noe wen u'll be free to go next. I'd like to check out movida. :)

Gupt

saint73
Chatter
Chatter

Postby saint73 » Mon, 08 Jan 2007 12:20 am

I can't PM yet coz i -just- joined. But was juz wondering, do you go regularly? And is it during the week or mostly weekends? Lemme noe wen u'll be free to go next. I'd like to check out movida. :)

Gupt
:roll: We are regular there... leh \:D/
Weekend will more pple dance...

batliwala
Editor
Editor

Postby batliwala » Mon, 08 Jan 2007 10:09 am

carte wrote:anyone here does bachata as well?

Hey Carte,

I know some basic Salsa,and a bit of bachata and merengue through workshops I have attended at dance schools. Would love to join the crowd to practise with a partner. Do PM me if you guys have any plans to go clubbing at Union Square, Upper Club, Xenbar, Movida, hardrock cafe, bristo.

Cheers,
batli

carte
Regular
Regular

Postby carte » Mon, 08 Jan 2007 11:14 am

where do you learn your bachata from?

Sebastian
Regular
Regular

Postby Sebastian » Mon, 08 Jan 2007 12:36 pm

bachata - you can try Attitude Dance Studio. Look for Gupson, he will be the ideal instructor to teach you the fundamentals.
Try a little kindness - Otis Redding

batliwala
Editor
Editor

Postby batliwala » Mon, 08 Jan 2007 4:22 pm

carte wrote:where do you learn your bachata from?

I attended Bachata1 & 2, Merengue workshops at two-left feet. I have now enrolled for Bachata Classes at Dance-en-motion.

Here are the links for 2 left feet & Dance-en-motion.

http://www.two-leftfeet.com/aboutus.htm

http://www.dance-en-motion.com/MainIndex.asp

ADS is a good school too, and Gupson is one of Pioneers, who is very popular in Salsa On1/On2...I took my Beginner1 & Beg2 salsa classes there under Lavina Kumar. I have now enrolled for intermediate class starting next Saturday.

http://www.asiasalsa.com/aboutus.asp

Cheers,
batli

http://www.asiasalsa.com/aboutus.asp