Singapore Expats Forum

To SQ girls and boys who already got their training date..

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

To SQ girls and boys who already got their training date..

Postby niennaanarion » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 3:31 am

hi..

im sure u have received an email from SQ and signed ur contract.
what i would like to ask is do u guys told to prepare 2500 - 3000 SD to bring to spore to open a bank account and to pay for 2-3 months accomodation??

dont they give us allowance on accom? plus is it an allowance or a loan? cuz i heard from a friend it supposed to be an allowance, but whats written is thats its a loan? and i heard they will give our basic salary on the day we get there? so whats the real deal? im sure u guys had discussion about this kind of stuff on the contract signing right? :???:

so can you spill some info for us who are waiting..
thanks a bunch.

and it would help so much if its detail.. :wink:
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blancD » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 1:26 pm

hey nienna,

i'm sure you can call up SIA to confirm this :D and clear any doubts on your mind
"City of Ang3Ls"

aH`mOOn

Re: To SQ girls and boys who already got their training date

Postby aH`mOOn » Thu, 25 Jan 2007 4:59 pm

niennaanarion wrote:hi..

im sure u have received an email from SQ and signed ur contract.
what i would like to ask is do u guys told to prepare 2500 - 3000 SD to bring to spore to open a bank account and to pay for 2-3 months accomodation??

dont they give us allowance on accom? plus is it an allowance or a loan? cuz i heard from a friend it supposed to be an allowance, but whats written is thats its a loan? and i heard they will give our basic salary on the day we get there? so whats the real deal? im sure u guys had discussion about this kind of stuff on the contract signing right? :???:

so can you spill some info for us who are waiting..
thanks a bunch.

and it would help so much if its detail.. :wink:

From what i know of... You'll only receive your 1st mth's basic pay at the 21st of the following mth. And it's on pro-rated basis. As for housing allowance, it's provided for foreign crew. Not sure how much is it. But enough to rent a decent room in a hdb flat.
When you arrive in singapore, you'll be given one month's pay upfront. But that is a LOAN from SIA. And you'll pay them back S$100 a mth after you've started flying. HTHs...

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Postby sakiya » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 8:10 am

hi...niennaanarion
You are indonesian? me too. You have your interview with SIA in Indonesia or Singapore? can share with me how is the interview process like in Indonesia?

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Postby sakiya » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 1:06 pm

hi...niennaanarion
i have a lot alot of question wanna ask you. i am sure you can help me in my SIA dream career. is it ok if you send me your email add or msn so i can chat with you?
thanks

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Postby niennaanarion » Mon, 29 Jan 2007 8:46 pm

thanks so much ah moon..

sakiya.. sorry for the late reply.. just read ur post.. shudve msgd me isntead.. check ur pm.. =)
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blancD » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:39 am

seriously, i did like to know how long does it take for you guys to get your training dates? or if you've encountered any problems with regards to your training date(email) along the way?
"City of Ang3Ls"