Singapore Expats

Divorce Advice

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
crossroad

Divorce Advice

Post by crossroad » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 8:24 pm

:roll: Currently I am at the cross road contemplating should I divorce and go for the one that I love or should I fulfil my responsibilty as a 3 years old child's father? Either decision will leave someone in pain. I have been with this girl whom I love for 5 years and she has been patiently waiting for me sacrificing her youth. I feel that I have to make a decisive conclusion so that either we get married or she look for another chap before she hits 35.

On the other hand, I have a lovely daughter whom I feel that she needs a father. What should I do? Any sound advice?

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 4:04 pm

Keep your family - Its not worth it.

You say you wnat to be with the one you love and surely thats why you got married in the first place so what happens when the next one comes along. If you really want to have your bit on the side have it but do it discretely and never tell your partner - Some things are better left unsaid. Better still wake up and be with the one you orginally chose.

Besides which the risk of not being able to have you daughter all the time is to great - I went through a divorce and my ex had a daughter from a previous relationship but I basically raised the kid from 6 months to 5 1/2 years old. It nearly broke my heart when I had to let go.

Hope that helps.

BTW divorce in Singapore is not an easy or cheap experience for a man - If your gonna do it get some dirt on your wife or be prepared to pay though the nose (sorry ladies but I am just trying to give some frank advice)
Be Like Water

oku
Regular
Regular

Post by oku » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 5:01 pm

pardon me but hmmmm...you have been with this girl whom you love for 5 years and yet you have a 3 year old child from your marriage??? :???:

if things between wife and yourself is not that bad, why not give the marriage another chance.

**StReSsEd**

Post by **StReSsEd** » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 1:59 am

You're worried about the girl's youth and don't want to waste her time waiting for you...

Then how bout your wife's youth?? If you were to desert her for your lover then she has wasted her time from the day she got to know you..

Your daughter's feeling?? My parents are divorced when I'm 15 yrs old.. It really hit me hard.. I couldn't concentrate on my studies and didn't want to stay at home.

BUT.. if you can't fulfill your role as a husband and father, I'd rather you leave your wife then to keep her in the dark and torturing her emotionally, killing her slowly..

Maybe you should just tell yr wife about your lover. Then you may not need to make a decision. But you'll have a high price to pay!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Divorce Advice

Post by ksl » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 10:08 pm

crossroad wrote::roll: Currently I am at the cross road contemplating should I divorce and go for the one that I love or should I fulfil my responsibilty as a 3 years old child's father? Either decision will leave someone in pain. I have been with this girl whom I love for 5 years and she has been patiently waiting for me sacrificing her youth. I feel that I have to make a decisive conclusion so that either we get married or she look for another chap before she hits 35.

On the other hand, I have a lovely daughter whom I feel that she needs a father. What should I do? Any sound advice?
The grass is not greener on the otherside, end of discussion! You made a commitment, you should stick to it, if she leaves you thats another matter, that's her problem.

You should be looking at yourself in the mirror, if you let, your wife down, I believe your charatcer would be tainted! If you have loved your wife, and now, you love another, you can see it's a never ending feeling for you!

Your just chacing the dragon, I'm afraid, with your dick in your hand, until you fall in love with another. Do you really know what love is? Try being responsible for your actions.

**StReSsEd**

Re: Divorce Advice

Post by **StReSsEd** » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 11:57 pm

The grass is not greener on the otherside, end of discussion! You made a commitment, you should stick to it, if she leaves you thats another matter, that's her problem.

You should be looking at yourself in the mirror, if you let, your wife down, I believe your charatcer would be tainted! If you have loved your wife, and now, you love another, you can see it's a never ending feeling for you!

Your just chacing the dragon, I'm afraid, with your dick in your hand, until you fall in love with another. Do you really know what love is? Try being responsible for your actions.
thumbs up!!