Singapore Expats Forum

World Beneath the Waves .... click...

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
legend

World Beneath the Waves .... click...

Postby legend » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 3:44 pm

Hiya ALL
Any leisure divers here ? or diver wannabe
I just started diving in Mar last year n completed the rescue in oct

Weekend trip to malaysia.?.. or lets plan longer trip to some cool dive site around this region... hmmm maybe krabi during the chinese new year period ?

If u got the same passion , lets gather n breathe some compressed air :)

Msn/ email Me - legend__88@hotmail.com

Have a nice weekend

Best regards
Vic
"Appreciate every moment and take from it everything that possibly can,for it may only come once~"

legend

Postby legend » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 3:47 pm

its legend__88@hotmail.com ( 2 underscores ) :) or simply buzz me at 91000291

Thanks
"Appreciate every moment and take from it everything that possibly can,for it may only come once~"

zjules
Regular
Regular

Postby zjules » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 6:18 pm

Hey Vic,
Im a diver too..
Havent been in ages so went to underwater world over christmas. It was pretty good fun actually. Was feeding/holding some pretty big sharks, and also there is a big glass tube that all the people walk though. They were all intrigued and taking photos. Not what you usually find under water..

legend

Postby legend » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 9:46 pm

Hi Zjules
Yup heard about the sentosa underwater world dive but have yet to try it..i hear no booties n no much finning allowed ..just "walk" ?
heres the link to that adventure :)

http://www.underwaterworld.com.sg/adven ... sharks.htm

zjules
Regular
Regular

Postby zjules » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:06 pm

yeah your right. Its not really a dive. No fins, just boots and walking. Quite fun as the whole walking thing gets some getting used to. Like walking in space (although i havent been into space recently..). Was pretty cool though, some of the sharks etc are pretty big and its nice to be able to touch things which gives quite a different experience. Have dived with sharks a few times in the wild but they never let you get close. Its worth going for the fun of watching the people in the viewing tube watching you like youre another fish..