Singapore Expats Forum

Whats the best thing that happen to you in 2006?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

carte
Regular
Regular

Whats the best thing that happen to you in 2006?

Postby carte » Tue, 02 Jan 2007 10:02 pm

As above

best thing that happened to me was i was finally landed myself in a stable job after 3 months for job seeking and i am now happy

saint73
Chatter
Chatter

Postby saint73 » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 11:02 pm

Happen to meet my old friend on the road, as he juz get retrencement recently.At least got his retrencement package, although I left this company long ago...

If that's bad need 3 months to get the job.He still hunting job since oct...06. :roll:

:roll: Nothngs gd thngs or bad thngs really happen to me...
But almost get accidents twice ,while driving on the road near the town.

Suppose the taxis driver need to look out for any car on the road ,while turn from small road to the main road, without watching ,he turn in a high speed.
:D Lucky that I m alert enough to change the center lane to the right lane.
& fortunately the right lane car change to center lane....at that time... :lol:

Wish my life will be more meaningful...and peaceful.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 11:22 pm

Healing, personal growth, and reconciliation with my ex after a very painful break-up.

zeze

Postby zeze » Thu, 04 Jan 2007 1:29 pm

I left my job of 9 years with my very first employer ... it was difficult but sometimes you have to let go ...

I wasn't unhappy with the job ... colleagues were great ... but I need time to sort of my move out of Singapore... where the grass is truly greener and skies certainly bluer ... :D
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." ~ Theodore Rubin

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Wed, 10 Jan 2007 7:31 pm

I left my old job for a job which I didn't know would give me a chance to travel around South East Asia.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:49 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:Healing, personal growth, and reconciliation with my ex after a very painful break-up.

Good for the soul :)

Equalizer

FIrst time in my life, I was offered a teaching job in Jakar

Postby Equalizer » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 5:20 pm

FIrst time in my life, I was offered a teaching job in Jakarta with a 3K++ pay with furnished accomodation and transportation provided. And I am already 51 years old. :)

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:22 pm

ksl wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:Healing, personal growth, and reconciliation with my ex after a very painful break-up.

Good for the soul :)

You're right, ksl. Forgiveness and letting go of the past is so difficult, but worth every minute of struggle. I think for the first time in my life I can put self-mastery as an achievement. So 2006 was a good year. :)

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:08 pm

Nice one WIMH.

I went through a very similiar experience and it takes a lot of courage to forgive and let go of your hate for some one you used to love and hurt you a lot - But like you say it is worth it - Who needs to carry that baggage along with all the rest of stuff in life.

Well done and congrats :cool:
Be Like Water

BizEngine

Postby BizEngine » Thu, 18 Jan 2007 8:38 am

1. Started a new company.
2. Got in touch with the girl that used to court quite aggressively and apologised to her.
Creating Assets on the Web