Singapore Expats Forum

Driving License

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Driving License

Postby chixchix » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 9:01 pm

Hi I need help here. :( I just went to BBDC to sign up for the Class2B license.. however I seem to see stars there.
I want some info..can someone tell me where I should start first ..the Basic Theory or the Circuit thing.... there is another Riding Theory....

And can I do both theory and riding at one time?? Please share your experiences if you have been there to do the Class2B..thanks a zillion!! :lol:
Always have a smile on that face!

kevinpoinen

Postby kevinpoinen » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 1:33 pm

Hi,

You can do both at the same time.

For circuit practice, you do not have to complete the theory lessons and test. But make sure to complete them and take your theory test before you complete your circuit lessons (around 5 stages)

If you complete the circuit without passing your theory test, you will not be allowed to go ride on the road.

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Fri, 29 Dec 2006 1:17 pm

Hi thanks for the info ..again I just got back from BBDC.. sigh.. Yeah thats what I was told today to do my theory and then do circuit ..or same time...anyways.. is the theory evaluation gonna be tough ...any idea what they ask.. ??

Thanks!!! :D

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 1:49 pm

darn i just went for my 1st lesson on the bike itself.. n what did i do .. frightened myself.. there were 7 of us,5 were foreigners n could drive.. i was the only one trying to practise my clutch n throttle...feel like giving up, any one has any suggestion ..shd i drop my Class 2B and go for Class 3 or just carry on and practise my Class 2B ?

I feel like a fool there .its like I was the only dumb one trying to stable the bike..dint even drive also ..one hr plus trying to grasp the clutch n brake.. :(

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Tue, 09 Jan 2007 5:51 pm

chixchix wrote:darn i just went for my 1st lesson on the bike itself.. n what did i do .. frightened myself.. there were 7 of us,5 were foreigners n could drive.. i was the only one trying to practise my clutch n throttle...feel like giving up, any one has any suggestion ..shd i drop my Class 2B and go for Class 3 or just carry on and practise my Class 2B ?

I feel like a fool there .its like I was the only dumb one trying to stable the bike..dint even drive also ..one hr plus trying to grasp the clutch n brake.. :(

Why worry about it? Those people who could drive were at one time as 'green' as you are now although very likely many would never admit it now. I remember my first attempt reversing a car round a corner while still a teenager, I ended up six feet from the kerb heading for the opposite wall and all the instructor said was; "I've found your weak point!"

As for motorbikes, I wouldn't go near one of those things!

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:01 am

Hahaha yeah thats true.Well, I am thinking nevermind I will just go and do it.If the instructor gets impatient then I will probably tell him,,"Hey,I paid you to teach me " :D

saint73
Chatter
Chatter

Postby saint73 » Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:41 am

chixchix wrote:Hahaha yeah thats true.Well, I am thinking nevermind I will just go and do it.If the instructor gets impatient then I will probably tell him,,"Hey,I paid you to teach me " :D

:cry: I was learning my class 3 licence in 2000 as I have join SSDC.
I was very disappointed where everytimes they change different instructors, some instructor are good & some are very bad attitude..

During my practical training, while practice inside the circuit, as you know the road is narrow , as I am learning on the small road, I saw infront of the vehicle still far away, and I have turn the right turn to the main road.

I am surprising that scolding by my instructor and he said, didn't you know the car is infront ,while you should stop to check incoming car.I am explaining that the car is still far away distance from mine.

The next thngs the instructor ask me to exchange the car driver seat...and he driving in a dangerous manner want me to know...if you are driving not safety will caused accidents.But I was very :evil: :evil: angry is he should teach me in a good manner but instead threaten me and drive with his own style with driving like dangerous driver.

After the lesson, I was thinking to complaining to the center bcos I feel I have paid to learn not paid to threaten by the instructor... :x

:cry: :cry: But later I was thking if i complain I will nt get my driving licence..easily....so I treated is my bad luck..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone do u thk I should complaining to the management?If you will in my shoe , what will you do?? :roll:
Last edited by saint73 on Thu, 11 Jan 2007 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

BearHug
Regular
Regular

Postby BearHug » Wed, 10 Jan 2007 1:20 pm

chixchix wrote:darn i just went for my 1st lesson on the bike itself.. n what did i do .. frightened myself.. there were 7 of us,5 were foreigners n could drive.. i was the only one trying to practise my clutch n throttle...feel like giving up, any one has any suggestion ..shd i drop my Class 2B and go for Class 3 or just carry on and practise my Class 2B ?

Question is, do you want so much to ride?? Of course it is easier to learn driving than riding. But if you have the interest to ride, it will be a very interesting experience. Hey, dont waste your money on learning the clutches and brake. Grab a friend who owns a bike and learn from him or her at 'safe' areas. Once you grasp the 'biting point', then it will be smooth from there. But of course, you must be able to balance on the bike. can you?? :)
TheTimeIsAlwaysRightToDoWhatIsRight. Image

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Wed, 10 Jan 2007 5:19 pm

Yeha thts true.. so there I am sending my hubby to go and buy a bike hahaha ...as much as he can use it for himself... i can also learn then ..any good places to recommend to buy a bike ?

BearHug
Regular
Regular

Postby BearHug » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:09 am

chixchix wrote:Yeha thts true.. so there I am sending my hubby to go and buy a bike hahaha ...as much as he can use it for himself... i can also learn then ..any good places to recommend to buy a bike ?

Looking for 1st hand or 2nd hand bike??:)

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:44 pm

1st hand ..maybe a Honda or Suzuki..

BearHug
Regular
Regular

Postby BearHug » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:49 pm

Try Looi Motors at Kaki bukit Techpark. They have many gorgeous bike in their showroom there. Honda and Suzuki.

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 1:37 pm

alamak so fr. .me at clementi ..how to go all the way there ..what about alexandra side ..

BearHug
Regular
Regular

Postby BearHug » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 5:26 pm

chixchix wrote:alamak so fr. .me at clementi ..how to go all the way there ..what about alexandra side ..

Sometimes u have to travel to get what u want isnt it?? :D

If not you can try and canvass at Bukit Merah area opp Queensway SC. Where the AIA Bldg is.

Or you can travel to Bendemeer Rd opps the former Bendemeer fire station. I think the name of that showroom is Cyclink. :)

batliwala
Editor
Editor

Postby batliwala » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 2:39 pm

chixchix wrote:Hahaha yeah thats true.Well, I am thinking nevermind I will just go and do it.If the instructor gets impatient then I will probably tell him,,"Hey,I paid you to teach me " :D

ChixChix, the instructors are generally very friendly with the fairer sex. Even if you drop your bike when your are learning at the circuit they will keep smiling at you.... :wink:. You are not allowed to ride or learn a bike on the roads without a valid license or insurance. So, please drop the idea of learning at a safe place as the person willing to teach you will end up losing his driving license too. Try to play with the clutch till you get to know the biting point.. it's intimidating as a beginner, but you will get a hang of it. Well keep practising....and all the best.

Now, talking about the theory test.. here is the link to a site called Singapore tests. All you have to do is register here (oh no it is no more free this year), and practise the BTT and RTT and the theory tests will be a chicken feed for you.

http://www.singaporetests.com/

Cheers,