Singapore Expats Forum

How to find a sponsor for a charity/volunteering work?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Cuchu
Regular
Regular

How to find a sponsor for a charity/volunteering work?

Postby Cuchu » Sun, 17 Dec 2006 3:14 pm

A group of volunteers including me under an NGO umbrella are going to set-up an ICT interactive library in a primary school (for now only one school as a pilot project). The materials are offline study materials stored in CDs or DVDs or any other medias so that internet connection is not needed considering it's still dial-up back home!
Now we're trying to figure out to make some proposals to present to companies or institutions and/or NGOs to invite them to be our sponsor(s).
Most of the volunteers are working back home, whereas I'm the only one in Singapore. Am thinking to approach companies here in Singapore and other countr(ies) where I used to live in and have friends living there still (a friend knows a big NGO in Europe), but I'm not experienced in this yet, so am trying to figure out what kind of proposal to be made and what kind of incentives can be given to these companies or institutions to convince them to be our sponsors, I wonder?
Any tips are appreciated. Cheers ears!