Singapore Expats Forum

SIA recruitment on 6-7 Jan

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Joycee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue, 21 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby Joycee » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 8:24 pm

M wrote:
ecila wrote:I was instructed to wait for calls. Some were rejected on the spot and one was selected to go for medical checkup. So, what are my chances?

I did recall the interviewers asked me to go back and think about it while they will give me a call within two days. Goodness, but what are the chances they will call. Never have the impression there is any though.


Hi Eclila,

It's gonna to be a marginal call. Usually you will know if you're accepted on the spot and you know that too.

Nevertheless, I hope you do get the call. :wink:





But after the management round, you guys went for tea party right? so as long as you are at the tea party means you are in right? Because i hear from friends that if you are not selected, you wouldn't be at the tea party.

But i have got friends whom have the same situation as you - ask to wait for call. After about a week to 2, they will call you.

Hope they call you! Good luck~

ecila
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed, 28 Sep 2005

Postby ecila » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 9:00 pm

no more tea session my dear. Straight to medical for the successful applicants.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

Postby corines143 » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:49 pm

just call them to ask or even write to them with your application number or batch number.. i am sure they will know. and dont worry.. .the most is re-queue and go for all the rounds again hahahaha
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

flight cat
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon, 26 Dec 2005
Location: malaysia

Postby flight cat » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:51 pm

lilpie wrote:hi guys, any of your friends made it with just o'levels and working experience? Chances seems very slim :(


ya..i would like to find out too!!who got it eventually as just an 0 lever holder?
fly high

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sat, 20 Jan 2007 11:21 am

Anyone whom went for the 18th Jan 07 water confidence test has received his confirmation for the management interview already? :???:

valeriewjm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby valeriewjm » Wed, 24 Jan 2007 9:43 am

M wrote:Anyone whom went for the 18th Jan 07 water confidence test has received his confirmation for the management interview already? :???:


I also haven't receive the confirmation email for the management interview yet. It is suppose to be on 26th, friday. :???:

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Wed, 24 Jan 2007 1:15 pm

valeriewjm wrote:
M wrote:Anyone whom went for the 18th Jan 07 water confidence test has received his confirmation for the management interview already? :???:


I also haven't receive the confirmation email for the management interview yet. It is suppose to be on 26th, friday. :???:


Management on 26th and you have yet to receive? I advice you to call immediately girl! :shock:

valeriewjm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby valeriewjm » Wed, 24 Jan 2007 2:31 pm

M wrote:
valeriewjm wrote:
M wrote:Anyone whom went for the 18th Jan 07 water confidence test has received his confirmation for the management interview already? :???:


I also haven't receive the confirmation email for the management interview yet. It is suppose to be on 26th, friday. :???:


Management on 26th and you have yet to receive? I advice you to call immediately girl! :shock:


haha....i've juz receive the call from them. It's been postponed to 7th.

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:36 pm

valeriewjm wrote:haha....i've juz receive the call from them. It's been postponed to 7th.


eh, so mine is earlier. just got my email confirmation for the 5th, 1030am! :lol:

valeriewjm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby valeriewjm » Thu, 25 Jan 2007 9:44 pm

mine is at 8.45am! and i live in boon lay.anyways, the email state that the whole process will last up to 1pm. that is a very long period of time...

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:06 pm

valeriewjm wrote:mine is at 8.45am! and i live in boon lay.anyways, the email state that the whole process will last up to 1pm. that is a very long period of time...


eh, thats far really. yeah, i reckon you're da first few in the queue thus the early slot. im da last few thus the late slot. anyway goodluck and keep me updated yeah? :P

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 2:41 am

good luck and all the best to you guys! :D

xuetingg
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat, 13 Jan 2007

Postby xuetingg » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 6:16 pm

hi valeriewjm & M....

Best of luck too.... :D

valeriewjm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby valeriewjm » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 6:59 pm

thanks peeps! really need tons of luck!!! i'm keep u all updated...btw M, in the Application for Employment form (attached to the e-mail) under section K Character Referees, can the 2 referees be friends of my age or there's a certain age limits to it? do u know?

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Fri, 26 Jan 2007 9:59 pm

valeriewjm wrote:thanks peeps! really need tons of luck!!! i'm keep u all updated...btw M, in the Application for Employment form (attached to the e-mail) under section K Character Referees, can the 2 referees be friends of my age or there's a certain age limits to it? do u know?


To my best opinion, I would be having my ex colleagues as the 2 referees but of course, there isn't any hard and fast rule that friends do not qualify. :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest