Singapore Expats Forum

SIA recruitment on 6-7 Jan

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ecila

Postby ecila » Thu, 18 Jan 2007 7:21 pm

Went for my final interview today and i made a grave mistake!
Qn: Tell me one bad thing about you.
Ans: I seldom shower. (goodness. i didnt know i will blurt that out. I could still remember the look on their faces. though they laughed but it isn't pleasant. Goodness. I've ruined it. just like that.)

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Thu, 18 Jan 2007 7:59 pm

ecila wrote:Went for my final interview today and i made a grave mistake!
Ans: I seldom shower. (goodness. i didnt know i will blurt that out. I could still remember the look on their faces. though they laughed but it isn't pleasant. Goodness. I've ruined it. just like that.)

I wouldn't worry to much; they laughed so they may have thought you have a warped sense of humour. Some people still prefer baths instead. :P :lol:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Postby M » Thu, 18 Jan 2007 8:17 pm

ecila wrote:Went for my final interview today and i made a grave mistake!

So you didn't manage to pass the management eh? :oops:

ecila

Postby ecila » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 8:52 am

I was instructed to wait for calls. Some were rejected on the spot and one was selected to go for medical checkup. So, what are my chances?

I did recall the interviewers asked me to go back and think about it while they will give me a call within two days. Goodness, but what are the chances they will call. Never have the impression there is any though.

givemeaclue

clueless

Postby givemeaclue » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 9:34 am

Does anyone have any info as to what age SIA will consider too old for the recruiting of stewardesses??? I look reasonably good, my BMI is in the 'healthy' zone (20), and I speak fluently. Age may be a concern though... Early 30s. Should I? Shouldn't I?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:08 am

good luck, all the best! :D

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:10 am

ecila wrote:I was instructed to wait for calls. Some were rejected on the spot and one was selected to go for medical checkup. So, what are my chances?

I did recall the interviewers asked me to go back and think about it while they will give me a call within two days. Goodness, but what are the chances they will call. Never have the impression there is any though.

i`ll be praying for you! i hope they do call you!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Re: clueless

Postby xmischax » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:13 am

givemeaclue wrote:Does anyone have any info as to what age SIA will consider too old for the recruiting of stewardesses??? I look reasonably good, my BMI is in the 'healthy' zone (20), and I speak fluently. Age may be a concern though... Early 30s. Should I? Shouldn't I?

i think you should go try it out. you never know until you try, you know! and if you don`t try, you`ll definitely fail. the only thing to stop you is youself, you know!

mayfair

Postby mayfair » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:41 am

ecila,
you must have been so nervous to have blurted that secret out...
I agree with Plavt that it isnt necessary that you ve said anything wrong... it depends on how they interpret your answer and it could be interesting humour to some people...well it certainly isnt a run of the mill answer and I would take it as an attempt to grab attention.(which you did)If I were the interviewers I would certainly sit up and take a closer look at you.
It is also unusual that they have asked you to wait for their call... if you have put them off with that sole remark it would not take them more than a min to reject you on the spot. It would probably be other reasons to why they re putting you on hold?
So do not worry so much about this and I wish you all the best!

cowie

Postby cowie » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:05 am

ecila..

i don't think they will boot u out because of this reason..
dun be too worried k..
at least they didn't reject u means there is still a chance..
gdluck to u.. hope to hear gd news.. :)

strange.. u all were told to wait for the call..
during my management round.. everyone knows their results on e spot..

ecila

Postby ecila » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:42 am

Thanks people. My friends went today and all get in while I'm the only one left on the tip of the iceberg.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Postby M » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:31 pm

ecila wrote:I was instructed to wait for calls. Some were rejected on the spot and one was selected to go for medical checkup. So, what are my chances?

Hi Eclila,

It's gonna to be a marginal call. Usually you will know if you're accepted on the spot and you know that too.

Nevertheless, I hope you do get the call. :wink:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: clueless

Postby M » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:40 pm

givemeaclue wrote:Does anyone have any info as to what age SIA will consider too old for the recruiting of stewardesses??? I look reasonably good, my BMI is in the 'healthy' zone (20), and I speak fluently. Age may be a concern though... Early 30s. Should I? Shouldn't I?

The oldest I've come to know of is around 27 but of course there can be exceptions in the late 20s. 30s is something new but you should try unless they have specifically stated the age requirement and which they have not.

M :cool:

ecila

Postby ecila » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 5:09 pm

M, yes i do know that it's gonna be a marginal call. But i just refuse to acknowledge that you see . Maybe the interviewers are kinder to me or perhaps they think i couldn't take the shock so gave me a more subtle rejection.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Fri, 19 Jan 2007 6:44 pm

wait for a few more days ya! i interviewed for SATS passenger services early dec 2006 and they asked me to wait for a week. i didn`t get the call within that week so i thought i was rejected. but then they called me 2 days ago to tell me that i`m selected.

so, don`t give up for now! all the best and good luck.

worse come to worse.. try again.

:)