Singapore Expats Forum

SIA recruitment on 6-7 Jan

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
raindrops
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon, 01 Jan 2007

Postby raindrops » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:38 am

omg. it's getting very exciting!

i'm damn excited lah. 24hrs and lesser!

Anyways, what sort of speech is it must prepare?

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 2:09 pm

corines143 wrote:oh no .. she meant if she fail on saturday. she wants to try and queue for another round....


You think you are queuing up to get free NDP tickets??? 8-)
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 2:12 pm

valeriewjm wrote:Hi, I am new here.

I went for the cabin crew recruitment held in sp on 29th Nov and proceed to the second interview on 18th Dec. Now I am waiting for my kebaya fitting on 6th Jan at Swisshotel. I have read most of the threads here and roughly know the pros and cons of this job. They really helped me understand more about this job and be mentally prepared.

Being a FA is a dream for me and I am eager to take up this challenge no matter how difficult it can be. Wish me luck.

By the way, anyone is also going for the 3rd round of interview on 6th Jan from sp as well? :D


hello, I am from SP. How can i help you, dear? :wink: I think you should have seen me before. I am that person in black t-shirt sitting at moberly 3rd floor using the wireless network and talking to every SIA wannabe girls...
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 2:17 pm

corines143 wrote:antispy - can you help us out here? how does the kebaya fitting go? if we are to run to get our kebayas.. how are we supp to get that fits us perfectly? i tot they would look at us and give us one that fit us the best?

cheers


sorry for the late reply. Now then i know i am so important to you guys... :oops:

They will give you the kebayas almost your size. Until you are recruited, then you will go and get a tailor to make one according to your measurements.
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 2:19 pm

Joycee wrote:
corines143 wrote:what happened to your skin?

dont worry I am sure you will make it thru this time



hi,

Oh no! I have a birth mark on my wrist. So where will the beautician check? my friend told me that they use a torch light to shine on your skin to check?

So they are very particular about moles and birth marks? or things like scars and pigmentation?

Thanks


Go get a concealer and conceal everything up.
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

elusive
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 17 Oct 2006

Postby elusive » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 2:22 pm

i am going for the interview tomorrow, do you think they will mind if I have got a bit of rough skin? what kind of skin texture are they looking for? and during the introduction speech, my friend mention that they do not want you to talk about how much you like to travel, is it true? so what is expected for the speech? by the way, all the best to all that is trying out tomorrow!! you rock!! :D

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 2:24 pm

youdunsay wrote:
Requirements: Females who are at least 1.58m


Yux hate that. I am only 1.5m. Will they extend your contract or promote you as senior stewardess or even consultant if you say reach age of 40? No offense but just asking.


Hello darling, if you want to drive a car in singapore, you will also need to be 1.55cm right? For safety reasons, that's why they need the height requirement. And have you ever seen short girls wearing kebayas walking around changi airport and serving customers at least 1.6cm and above? So ugly right?

Sorry for being so sacarstic. :P
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 2:36 pm

Rough skin is ok so long as there is no moles, birthmarks, or whatever scars on your skin. I have sent an email to SIA and screwed them for condemning some of our girls and make them lose their confidence in whatever they do from that day onwards.

If you tell them, " i join this career because i like/want to travel". I will most probably tell you to buy your own tickets and travel as much as you like. Just tell them that you want to learn the cultures, gain experience and etc...

I really hated it when they start condemning my disciples. Any of my disciples out there who have been condemned by those people, please tell me and i will investigate because out of 25 disciples i have here, 21 of them got accepted and the other 4 were condemned during the managemnet round. I don't think i am a bad or lousy trainer because i have so many successful disciples. Anyone who has a doubt, pls do not hesitate to PM me.

* corines, now i am influenced by your sms typing skills.* :P :oops: :oops: :twisted:
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

elusive
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 17 Oct 2006

Postby elusive » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 2:40 pm

anti_spy999 wrote:Rough skin is ok so long as there is no moles, birthmarks, or whatever scars on your skin. I have sent an email to SIA and screwed them for condemning some of our girls and make them lose their confidence in whatever they do from that day onwards.

If you tell them, " i join this career because i like/want to travel". I will most probably tell you to buy your own tickets and travel as much as you like. Just tell them that you want to learn the cultures, gain experience and etc...

I really hated it when they start condemning my disciples. Any of my disciples out there who have been condemned by those people, please tell me and i will investigate because out of 25 disciples i have here, 21 of them got accepted and the other 4 were condemned during the managemnet round. I don't think i am a bad or lousy trainer because i have so many successful disciples. Anyone who has a doubt, pls do not hesitate to PM me.

* corines, now i am influenced by your sms typing skills.* :P :oops: :oops: :twisted:




thanks alot.. I will take in that advice and try tomorrow. by the way, when you mention scars, how about pimple scars that are recovering? i don't wanna put too much concealer and end up looking like a mud pie..haha..good day to you

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 2:41 pm

raindrops wrote:omg. it's getting very exciting!

i'm damn excited lah. 24hrs and lesser!

Anyways, what sort of speech is it must prepare?


oh... Emm...

Must say: i want to thank my mama and papa for bringing me up to become what i am today and bla bla bla....... :twisted:

Prepare for speeches like: what you want to do, what you are doing, what will you do after you got fired by SIA, why you want to join SIA.

Don't over hyperventilate and talk nonsense during the interview. Always discuss on topic stuffs. Be yourself and be confident.

*And don't forget me* :lol:
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 2:43 pm

elusive wrote:
anti_spy999 wrote:Rough skin is ok so long as there is no moles, birthmarks, or whatever scars on your skin. I have sent an email to SIA and screwed them for condemning some of our girls and make them lose their confidence in whatever they do from that day onwards.

If you tell them, " i join this career because i like/want to travel". I will most probably tell you to buy your own tickets and travel as much as you like. Just tell them that you want to learn the cultures, gain experience and etc...

I really hated it when they start condemning my disciples. Any of my disciples out there who have been condemned by those people, please tell me and i will investigate because out of 25 disciples i have here, 21 of them got accepted and the other 4 were condemned during the managemnet round. I don't think i am a bad or lousy trainer because i have so many successful disciples. Anyone who has a doubt, pls do not hesitate to PM me.

* corines, now i am influenced by your sms typing skills.* :P :oops: :oops: :twisted:




thanks alot.. I will take in that advice and try tomorrow. by the way, when you mention scars, how about pimple scars that are recovering? i don't wanna put too much concealer and end up looking like a mud pie..haha..good day to you


Must not be clearly visible to the eyes.

Don't learn the sms typing bad habit. I am just teasing and poking at our lovely corines. :P
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

guy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 12 Oct 2005

Query

Postby guy » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 2:57 pm

I'm juz wondering, are u guys for real on this SQ interview stuffs....

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: Query

Postby anti_spy999 » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 3:08 pm

guy wrote:I'm juz wondering, are u guys for real on this SQ interview stuffs....


Hey, i am not going for that interview. Look at my sig and that's the place i am going to. I am here to make sure they make it for the interview. And forget about those lame jokes, that's meant for people who are so excited till they are going to explode soon.
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 3:14 pm

To all girls going for the interview tomorrow and the day after tomorrow:

Good Luck, stay clam, be yourself, be confident, be brave, be cheerful, smile, wear appropriate clothes (girls should dress like girls), behave yourself, sit/stand/walk like a gracious lady.

And there are many things to say but i am too lazy to type because i am sitting here doing my report for the SIA engineering department. I am on attachment with this company. And the more they challenged me, the more i feel like joining them.

Best wishes to all the girls who wanted to be part of the SQ team and please don't forget me, ok?

And i also hoped that i can get recruited into the engineering department.
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

valeriewjm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby valeriewjm » Fri, 05 Jan 2007 4:46 pm

anti_spy999 wrote:
valeriewjm wrote:Hi, I am new here.

I went for the cabin crew recruitment held in sp on 29th Nov and proceed to the second interview on 18th Dec. Now I am waiting for my kebaya fitting on 6th Jan at Swisshotel. I have read most of the threads here and roughly know the pros and cons of this job. They really helped me understand more about this job and be mentally prepared.

Being a FA is a dream for me and I am eager to take up this challenge no matter how difficult it can be. Wish me luck.

By the way, anyone is also going for the 3rd round of interview on 6th Jan from sp as well? :D


hello, I am from SP. How can i help you, dear? :wink: I think you should have seen me before. I am that person in black t-shirt sitting at moberly 3rd floor using the wireless network and talking to every SIA wannabe girls...


hi, thankz for all the encouragements! :wink: i can't recall who are you because that day was really too crowded. :? :) Do you know of anyone from sp going for the interview tomorrow as well?
:P


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest