Singapore Expats Forum

English Language School in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

kc_phil

English Language School in Singapore

Postby kc_phil » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:50 pm

Hi Gang.

I work for a firm in Singapore and I am bringing my girlfriend with me to live for a while. She has expressed interest in getting a better grasp on the english language.

She is a 30yo Thai woman. She can communicate pretty well but not quite well enough that she could get a job. Her speech is much better than her reading ability.

Can anyone recommend a language school where i can send her? Are there any state institutions that deal with teaching english to foreigners w/visa?

Any tips/advice would be appreciated.

P

Postby P » Tue, 19 Dec 2006 2:33 pm

Go for Wall Street Institute. They have/had active Thai community there as well. Your GF will be happy. (And if she is not busy, expect to talk about having babies quite soon :)

Been there, done that.

-P

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Tue, 19 Dec 2006 5:34 pm

same question, this time for a Japanese learning English - any recommendations or horror stories?

I heard the British council is the best, also heard it's expensive and some Japanese friends said that after a month of $4000 lessons, they never got beyond rote salutations

Pekka, your post shook me a bit!