Singapore Expats Forum

Going out with/Seeing a Air Hostess

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

CoolCat

Going out with/Seeing a Air Hostess

Postby CoolCat » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:10 am

ok, has anyone gone out with a local cabin crew? or know of anyone who has. Any stories to tell...is it bad to generalise all of them, or there are some who arent too bad. but maybe very rare....

Would one advice against being serious with them / or embark on a long term serious relationship..possibly marriage?

Grim Reaper
Regular
Regular

Postby Grim Reaper » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:33 am

You posted in the wrong section.

Go to Job careers and a whole new world opens up...
Time will come....

CoolCat

Postby CoolCat » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:27 am

yes, did check out that side of the forum, and theres nothing much on wat i am asking for. its all career talk...tot this would be the right section as im looking for a discussion

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Going out with/Seeing a Air Hostess

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:56 am

CoolCat wrote:ok, has anyone gone out with a local cabin crew? or know of anyone who has. Any stories to tell...is it bad to generalise all of them, or there are some who arent too bad. but maybe very rare....

Would one advice against being serious with them / or embark on a long term serious relationship..possibly marriage?

I feel sorry for any girl who goes out with you. You seem to believe in stereotyping people. Yes, it is bad to generalize anybody. People are individuals with their own quirks, be they pluses or minuses. Learn to accept people as people. :roll:

CoolCat

Postby CoolCat » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:49 pm

thanks staple for ur comments

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Postby renter » Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:56 am

I did have some experience, but not for long.
One thing you have to bear in mind: she/he will fly around on the job, irregularly, sometimes going on long flight out for probably 3 weeks. And the working hour is also very irregular. I am not sure whether all of them work like this, and probably some of them do have fixed schedules.

Also, do know the fact that they meet a lot of "prominent people".

my $2

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 15 Dec 2006 2:50 pm

renter wrote:
my $2

You're generous this Friday! :)

I usually only give 2¢ worth! :wink:

Savage
Regular
Regular

Postby Savage » Sat, 16 Dec 2006 3:04 pm

renter wrote:sometimes going on long flight out for probably 3 weeks.

SQ's longest crew pattern for a flight is 9 days, I think....where did you get 3 weeks from?

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sat, 16 Dec 2006 8:01 pm

It's really sad if you don't give a promising friendship a chance just because of gossip and hearsay and what others think. Why not find out more about her as a person, as SMS says, and then make your judgement? She may well be the promiscuous type, or she may not, assuming that promiscuity is the stereotype you're working with.

A university graduate I knew chose to be a stewardess for a year for the experience and to see the world. Woe to any man who didn't want to date her, intelligent and good-looking as she was, just because of her job.

I hope that if you make any decision for or against, it will be because of who she is, and not because of who others think she is.

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Going out with/Seeing a Air Hostess

Postby Plavt » Sat, 16 Dec 2006 8:21 pm

CoolCat wrote:ok, has anyone gone out with a local cabin crew? or know of anyone who has. Any stories to tell...is it bad to generalise all of them, or there are some who arent too bad. but maybe very rare....

What significance is it that a girl you choose to go out with happens to be cabin crew? A girl you date could just as easily be a local lawyer, bank manager or even the toilet cleaner. Somebody's job doesn't stop them being who they are, that's just perception. Amongst people I used to work with who were mere bus drivers some had been amongst other things; engineers, teachers, miners, ambulance drivers, builders and at least one had been an apprentice brain surgeon.

My advice for what it's worth try seeing people as individuals and not defined by what their choice of employment happens to be.

Rich D
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rich D » Thu, 21 Dec 2006 9:09 am

Speaking as a Chartered Engineer am I the only one who finds Plavt's comments ironic given their juxtapositioning just above the signature line about Engineers and sewing machines :lol: Watch out, I have a Singer in the workshop and I ain't afraid to convert it!!!

More seriously, whilst I agree that there will be individuals with good and bad traits in every walk of life, there are certain occupations towards which people with particular characteristics will be drawn. My personal experiences have re-inforced my preconceptions that air crew can be a bit flighty (pun intended) and you do have to be ready for the intermittent availability. That said, why not enter into the relationship with your eyes open (double entrendre intended) and give it a chance. You might be surprised, possibly in a positive way.

Remember ALL generalisations are unreliable - including this one!
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

easy_going

Postby easy_going » Fri, 22 Dec 2006 2:11 am

i feel sad... :(
people seems to want to enter into a relationship just based on generalisations--worse still, generalisations on one's career...

Just because you hear other people talking bad about people of a particular career, you assume that EVERYBODY of this career is bad... Geez.. how shallow can you get?!

i feel sad for those good, trustworthy and faithful air stewardesses whom people have cast a shadow upon...

Also, shouldn't people enter into serious relationships based on trust and because you know each other very well and NOT because of what other irrelevant people has got to say?!

All i want to say is, EACH INDIVIDUAL has his or her own character and values... NOT everybody working in the same profession shares the same kind of character or values.... They are NOT CLONES!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Dec 2006 8:50 am

easy_going wrote:Just because you hear other people talking bad about people of a particular career, you assume that EVERYBODY of this career is bad... Geez.. how shallow can you get?!

This is, after all, Singapore. And you have to ask? :P :oops!: :-#

Tongue in cheek what! :lol:

saint73
Chatter
Chatter

Postby saint73 » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 10:06 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:It's really sad if you don't give a promising friendship a chance just because of gossip and hearsay and what others think. Why not find out more about her as a person, as SMS says, and then make your judgement? She may well be the promiscuous type, or she may not, assuming that promiscuity is the stereotype you're working with.

A university graduate I knew chose to be a stewardess for a year for the experience and to see the world. Woe to any man who didn't want to date her, intelligent and good-looking as she was, just because of her job.

I hope that if you make any decision for or against, it will be because of who she is, and not because of who others think she is.

:roll: Totally agree with your conversation, we can't based on the bad experience others pples failure...We look forwards for the future...I thk different pple have their own expectation...some high ,some low expectation leh... :lol: If I know I can't give her happiness I will let pple have... :lol: :lol: :lol: You must know your strength... :-| love a person doesn't mean must live together...let it be... :cry: :cry: