Singapore Expats Forum

Strange emails re the demonstrators

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Strange emails re the demonstrators

Postby bigfilsing » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 2:28 pm

Does anybody else get these? i've not subscribed to them.

I recieved the first about 2 weeks prior to the IMF informing me that the people who had demonstarated for human rights in front of the chineese embassy had been arrested prior to the IMF as they were considered a threat to the good order. ALthough they were not prosecuted at the time the charge had been retrospectively applied.

The latest email this week informed me that the lawyers defending their case had had their liciences revoked.
Anyboidy else heard about this??
Anybody know where these email originate from?

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Strange emails re the demonstrators

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 3:12 pm

bigfilsing wrote:Does anybody else get these? i've not subscribed to them.

I recieved the first about 2 weeks prior to the IMF informing me that the people who had demonstarated for human rights in front of the chineese embassy had been arrested prior to the IMF as they were considered a threat to the good order. ALthough they were not prosecuted at the time the charge had been retrospectively applied.

The latest email this week informed me that the lawyers defending their case had had their liciences revoked.
Anyboidy else heard about this??
Anybody know where these email originate from?

Is this what you are talking about?

http://clearharmony.net/articles/200612/36795.html

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 12 Dec 2006 3:17 pm

I was given a couple of their CD's quite horrific persecution of the Falun Gong in mainland China, although they are well represented, worl wide.

You can normally see them down under the bridge at The Esplanade

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Wed, 13 Dec 2006 3:52 am

Below is the contents of the mail i recieved from ying @fastmail.fm !!!

Is this for real/ correct ??

On Nov. 30, 2006, Singapore Subordinate Court made a controversial verdict, declared two Falun Gong protesters guilty of "harassment" for displaying a banner in front of Singapore's Chinese Embassy last July. Trial observers noted multiple legal irregularities in the proceedings, and the defendants rejected the outcome outright.

Since their lawyer's license was suspended right before the trail (in the end of November), the defendants (Ms Ng Chye Huay and Mr Erh Boon) had to defend themselves (without lawyers) during the three days trail. All their evidences and four witnesses were rejected by the judge.

An Unfair Verdict Around Singapore's "Banner Harassment" Case
Falun Gong protestors convicted of displaying slogans "annoying" to Chinese embassy

By Samuel Albany Dec 01, 2006