Singapore Expats Forum

What the perfect size for an Air Stewardess?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cooldior
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 09 Dec 2006

What the perfect size for an Air Stewardess?

Postby cooldior » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 3:42 am

Do we have to be real skinny or slim to be a air stewardess? My height is 158m and weight about 60kg. Do i still qualify?

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Re: What the perfect size for an Air Stewardess?

Postby Plavt » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 5:19 am

cooldior wrote:Do we have to be real skinny or slim to be a air stewardess? My height is 158m and weight about 60kg. Do i still qualify?


Height OK but try to check up on your weight, at least one girl I know of (posting in this thread) was rejected for being underweight. Time to treat yourself to few sticky sponge puddings and to hell with the calories. :wink: :D

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35180
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 10:09 am

Two handfuls? :P

Okay, my bad! :oops!:

User avatar
blizz1209
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat, 05 Aug 2006

BMI

Postby blizz1209 » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 12:31 pm

SIA looks at Body Mass Index (BMI). Meaning your height should be propotinate to your weight or vice versa.

cooldior
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 09 Dec 2006

Re: What the perfect size for an Air Stewardess?

Postby cooldior » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 1:12 pm

Plavt wrote:
cooldior wrote:Do we have to be real skinny or slim to be a air stewardess? My height is 158m and weight about 60kg. Do i still qualify?


Height OK but try to check up on your weight, at least one girl I know of (posting in this thread) was rejected for being underweight. Time to treat yourself to few sticky sponge puddings and to hell with the calories. :wink: :D


Thks Plavt. Infact, i look abit more plumper than others propably becoz of my height. Is that a issue? I don't even dare to go for interview feel inferior coz what i heard all the gals that went are usually pretty tall, Slim or Skinny type.

corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

Postby corines143 » Sun, 10 Dec 2006 8:21 pm

hi there

actually its true SIA does look at BMI so i am around 54kg and i am around 163cm tall and i think i am considered underweight.
hope i stll get in... i was thinking of losing another 4 kg.

SIA does not want SKinny gals. they want u to look good and blossom in their kebaya so i guess they want gals with some bosom if i am not wrong. it will look good on us the kebaya.. so i heard choosing the right bra is essential as well. pls take note.

anyway all the best to all of u.

cheers
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11111
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: What the perfect size for an Air Stewardess?

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 10 Dec 2006 9:38 pm

cooldior wrote:
Plavt wrote:
cooldior wrote:Do we have to be real skinny or slim to be a air stewardess? My height is 158m and weight about 60kg. Do i still qualify?


Height OK but try to check up on your weight, at least one girl I know of (posting in this thread) was rejected for being underweight. Time to treat yourself to few sticky sponge puddings and to hell with the calories. :wink: :D


Thks Plavt. Infact, i look abit more plumper than others propably becoz of my height. Is that a issue? I don't even dare to go for interview feel inferior coz what i heard all the gals that went are usually pretty tall, Slim or Skinny type.


My dear... take a look at the SQ stews... they do not 'feel inferior'. First thing is to have the right attitude... that you can do... all else is irrelevant if you feel inferior.

User avatar
grivoise
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu, 13 Jul 2006

*winks*

Postby grivoise » Sun, 10 Dec 2006 9:44 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Two handfuls? :P

Okay, my bad! :oops!:


The front or behind?

Teehee.

User avatar
grivoise
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu, 13 Jul 2006

Re: BMI

Postby grivoise » Sun, 10 Dec 2006 9:51 pm

blizz1209 wrote:SIA looks at Body Mass Index (BMI). Meaning your height should be propotinate to your weight or vice versa.


For health reasons that would be understandable. But I think people here are more concern about how they look? Some people can be very heavy but they look slimmer than those who weight less than them!

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: What the perfect size for an Air Stewardess?

Postby anti_spy999 » Fri, 15 Dec 2006 3:04 pm

Plavt wrote:
cooldior wrote:Do we have to be real skinny or slim to be a air stewardess? My height is 158m and weight about 60kg. Do i still qualify?


Height OK but try to check up on your weight, at least one girl I know of (posting in this thread) was rejected for being underweight. Time to treat yourself to few sticky sponge puddings and to hell with the calories. :wink: :D


Ok, time for us to bury the hatchet & start anew.

Plavt, is 5 meals a day enough for them to put on weight? Please... After they have joined the crew, they will put on weight as they will go around hunting for good food, snacks and etc...

As for calories, emm... better don't, because in the news, they mentioned that even those skinny ones with too much calories in their bodies will suffer from heart attack and some unnecessary health problems. :P

Just eat whatever you see in the food pramid and follow the serving size will do. :wink:
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 15 Dec 2006 3:47 pm

Hard to say how many meals a day one needs although 5 sounds excessive. Younger people tend to have a faster metabolism and burn off calories much faster and can get away with eating more. I am no food or medical expert so it is best to ask to someone qualified in those fields.

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Fri, 15 Dec 2006 3:56 pm

Plavt wrote:Hard to say how many meals a day one needs although 5 sounds excessive. Younger people tend to have a faster metabolism and burn off calories much faster and can get away with eating more. I am no food or medical expert so it is best to ask to someone qualified in those fields.


I have eaten so much, but i can't grow fat. :)

It also depends on what type of sports they do and what they do at home. Eating, sleeping and watching TV will make them grow fatter and rounder. :oops:
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

jencrs
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2006

Postby jencrs » Fri, 15 Dec 2006 5:42 pm

I believe I'm at least half qualified, since I'm an expert in weight gain. *sigh* Eating more meals with the same amount of calories actually helps one lose weight, since every time you eat something raises your metabolism. Protein raises metabolism higher than carbs or fat, i believe. Several meals over a day also keeps the blood sugar stable, so you don't gorge yourself later. These are some of the reasons why bodybuilders eat maybe even up to 8 small meals a day to prepare for a competition. Get the right amount of energy/calories into the body with little excess turning into fats.

of course, i'm not saying you should eat just 1 huge meal a day to gain weight. Whether gaining or losing weight, a sensible, healthy diet and plenty of patience is the key. Anyway, got to get back to my double cheeseburger. It's hard to type with just 1 hand.

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Sat, 16 Dec 2006 2:16 pm

jencrs wrote: Anyway, got to get back to my double cheeseburger. It's hard to type with just 1 hand.


lol and don't drop anything on your keyboard or else err... :twisted: :P
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun, 06 Aug 2006

Postby lindyhoppe » Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:54 pm

Hmm actually I still feel that in Singapore skinny bodies are preferred to full body curves. A recruitment officer in the 2nd round commented briefly about "fat," "heavy bottom" to the applicants whom she failed :(

corines143 wrote:
SIA does not want SKinny gals. they want u to look good and blossom in their kebaya so i guess they want gals with some bosom if i am not wrong. it will look good on us the kebaya..
cheers


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests