Singapore Expats Forum

Gyne and his mistress

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

akane
Regular
Regular

Gyne and his mistress

Postby akane » Wed, 06 Dec 2006 8:28 pm

Hi ladies,
Would you still see the old gyne who you really respected over a decade after knowing he is unfaithful and having a mistress? All along he has been very patient and fatherly to his patients.
It is quite annoying as his mistress never ashamed bossying in the clinic which sometime quite irritating.
People who know this doctor said the mistress is not as pretty as his wife(a doctor).
Personally i think his fatherly loving imej has gone! Any comment? :mad:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Dec 2006 9:24 pm

Do you go to him as a role model or as a Doctor?

His private life isn't any of your business. If he is a good doctor so be it.

My wife's gyne was a very well respected (famous actually) doc here in Singapore. The fact that he liked his tipple and wrecked his Jag while drunk did not stop him from being a good doc.

akane
Regular
Regular

Postby akane » Thu, 07 Dec 2006 6:57 am

Personally i don't think a doctor who "drunk and wrecked his Jag" can be a good doctor especially for a respected and famous gyne. As i know he/she will be wanted in any circumstances, normally 24hours round the clock for a unpredictable child birth, emergency cases and surgeries..... Looks like it was NOT the first time your wife's gyne get drunk huh??? :D
What happen if he needs to be in the delivery room for emergency surgery? Drag him out from pub or club while he is already half drunk?

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Thu, 07 Dec 2006 7:40 am

akane wrote:Personally i don't think a doctor who "drunk and wrecked his Jag" can be a good doctor especially for a respected and famous gyne. As i know he/she will be wanted in any circumstances, normally 24hours round the clock for a unpredictable child birth, emergency cases and surgeries..... Looks like it was NOT the first time your wife's gyne get drunk huh??? :D
What happen if he needs to be in the delivery room for emergency surgery? Drag him out from pub or club while he is already half drunk?

Doctors' like anybody else have and are entitled to their free-time in which they would not be on call. The fact (I assume it is a fact) that he 'got drunk and wrecked his jag' does not stop him being a good doctor.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Dec 2006 9:34 am

As I said, He was rather famous here in Singapore and throughout SE Asia for that matter.
Emeritus Professor Sittampalam Shanmugaratnam

akane
Regular
Regular

Postby akane » Thu, 07 Dec 2006 9:47 am

I see, i was told normally private practise gyne is always available 24hours (even at midnight) whenever his/her patients called for emergency childbirth, bleeding or surgeries....
A gyne never switch off his/her pagers or mobile phone because the hospital emergency team might call up any times even on public holiday when there is unexpected emergency cases.
Of course the gyne has his vacation, when he is on vacation, he can simply unwind and handled his duties to his colleagues or other gynes..
And i think an unfaithful married gyne irrespect women, sometime he could be in trouble or caught in between his wife and mistress or other womaniser problem, i doubt of his professional to be a good gyne when he is in deep trouble with his mis-behaviour!!! We are humans with emotion after all.......
He might even over charge his patients as he needs more money to support his mistress, wife, his "extra-ordinary lavish life" and his family, oh my gosh!!! :???:

greenrover

Postby greenrover » Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:53 am

Is there not some confusion here between an obstetrician and a gynaecologist?

Would the latter need to rush to a birth, or do Singaporean medicos multi-skill?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 07 Dec 2006 11:35 am

akane wrote:I see, i was told normally private practise gyne is always available 24hours (even at midnight) whenever his/her patients called for emergency childbirth, bleeding or surgeries....
A gyne never switch off his/her pagers or mobile phone because the hospital emergency team might call up any times even on public holiday when there is unexpected emergency cases.
Of course the gyne has his vacation, when he is on vacation, he can simply unwind and handled his duties to his colleagues or other gynes..
And i think an unfaithful married gyne irrespect women, sometime he could be in trouble or caught in between his wife and mistress or other womaniser problem, i doubt of his professional to be a good gyne when he is in deep trouble with his mis-behaviour!!! We are humans with emotion after all.......
He might even over charge his patients as he needs more money to support his mistress, wife, his "extra-ordinary lavish life" and his family, oh my gosh!!! :???:

People have all kinds of weaknesses, they fall victim to alcohol, which is a powerful drug by the way. Although not everyone gets, hooked, many actually do, without even knowing it.

One must first recognise the errors of our ways, before correcting, them, no one is perfect. Is it also correct to make malicious gossip?

What people do with their lives is their own private affair, providing it doesn't interfere, with their profession.

There are other professional bodies that deal with ethical complaints, but personally I would look at my own faults before, judging others.

I mean is he/she actually committing professional misconduct? If so, there maybe cause for concern.

I'm sure if you lodge a complaint it would be investigated and the correct authority in charge would evaluate the situation, although, you may well be over reacting to a minor private affair, which you see as professional misconduct.

Tread carefully, you may be the next one to be criticized! :lol:

akane
Regular
Regular

Postby akane » Thu, 07 Dec 2006 2:14 pm

Hello Greenrover,
yes, generally gynes in singapore are also the obstetricians. Some are oncologists as well. They are multi skills; the good and famous also has their own private practise in famous hospital such as Mt Elizabeth Hos, Gleneagles, Thomson Medical etc. They are damn rich with incredible earning. The live in landed house or banglo with few properties and sports cars. Holidaying overseas few times a year, go skiiing, scuba diving, private jet setting etc......
May be that's why people said most male gyne here has got mistresses. The mistress not only the "third party" but also destroying family... :lol: