Singapore Expats Forum

Is there such thing as unconditional love in the real world?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Rockfan

Is there such thing as unconditional love in the real world?

Postby Rockfan » Tue, 05 Dec 2006 11:15 pm

In this modern day, the meaning of love is treated same way as current social norms.

Love seems so conditional to many people. Suppose there is lying n cheating, or loss of romance. Some people stop loving when certain conditions are lacking.

Where will unconditional love lead to? Will it eventually be reciprocated? Will it be taken for granted? Does it move people?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Is there such thing as unconditional love in the real wo

Postby ksl » Wed, 06 Dec 2006 3:45 am

Rockfan wrote:In this modern day, the meaning of love is treated same way as current social norms.

Love seems so conditional to many people. Suppose there is lying n cheating, or loss of romance. Some people stop loving when certain conditions are lacking.

Where will unconditional love lead to? Will it eventually be reciprocated? Will it be taken for granted? Does it move people?

Unconditional love does exist in many races, and it would help us all to identify this quality, although there is a price to pay!

Unconditional love is within the mind, if you can condition your mind, to unconditional love, you will have success, however the price will be your ego!

The I want this and that, I need this and that, in fact you need nothing but your sanity to live through the pressures of society, never forget you came with nothing and you will leave with nothing, although the people left around when you have passed away, will want or wish, they had, the family may well fight over the leftovers, because of their own egos.

I am gradually shedding my baggage, and learning to love, the universe, my wild cat, the birds and flowers, I'm actually learning to live, rather than collect all the garbage, I have no idea why we collect so much crap, other than being brainwashed by advertising and marketing and the media, to keep up with the jones's

It would be very strange if everyone just stopped buying, you would see Bill Gates and Richard Branson sharing unconditional love, literally! :D Make love & love more and you will maybe find happiness.

Piss (urine) & vinegar seems to be the trend these days! That word beginning with P i s s is just a word, why is it so vulgar in the English language and means nothing to us, if we hear the translation in other languages, especially if one knows the other language it's translated to :???: My daughter says "meow meow", and i think she's calling the cat!because it's all in the mind, conditioning! it's an art, although my hearing is not so good these days! So does that mean when my cat says "meow meow" she wants a piss or just the vinegar! :???: me too!