Singapore Expats

Singapore Airlines Recruitment Process

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sircroftalot

Singapore Airlines Recruitment Process

Post by sircroftalot » Tue, 05 Dec 2006 8:57 pm

Was wondering if anyone could help me out. I' carrying out research into Singapore Airlines recruitment and I need some different point of views. If anyone knows any info about the process please reply. I also would like any interesting facts about the labour market/shortages that may relate to SIA. Thanks

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Tue, 05 Dec 2006 11:46 pm

its good to msg PLAVT abt this. he is incharge of the forum here and he is quite knowledgeable abt it.
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:25 am

:D I'm not in charge just a humble moderator :D , however the OP might care to read a book 'The Quest For Global Quality' by Chang Zeph Yun, Yeong Wee Yong and Lawrence Loh. I wouldn't describe it as in anyway exciting and it is difficult to get hold of along with being very expensive but there are interesting sections never less.

In all honesty it is not solely about recruitment and I think you may have some difficulty in finding information as airlines like many other employers will by necessity keep many things confidential. This no doubt is prevent applicants applying with pre-conceived knowledge of their procedures.
Last edited by Plavt on Wed, 06 Dec 2006 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

sircroftalot

Post by sircroftalot » Wed, 06 Dec 2006 6:43 am

Thanks for you reply. What about any interesting comments you may have heard about the recruitment process? It must be extremely unique, in their ability to employ staff that offer fantastic service over and over again