Singapore Expats Forum

SIA Application - Malaysian Steward / Stewardess ( DEC )

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
blancD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006

Postby blancD » Mon, 02 Apr 2007 8:57 pm

12345 wrote:
indcisive wrote:Well, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Nothing is certain yet, theres still the medical and work pass that I've to worry bout. I'll keep ya updated and see how it goes.

cheers!


Yup, u've got your point there too. Just don't worry too much...n i'm sure it'll turn out fine. Hehe. The HR exec told us Malaysians would usually get the highest grade of work pass, which is the Employment Pass. :)


not necessarily :P
"City of Ang3Ls"

jyunshin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007

Postby jyunshin » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:37 am

M wrote:
jyunshin wrote:Of coz I'll be surprised! :shock: But it will be more appealling if I see it with my both eyes...The truth is i don't know much about any other guys who's interested so please forgive this short-sighted guy... :-|


Err does that bother you for you not to know any other guys in here whom are interested in the job? :???:


Dear M,

I'm sorry if you felt offended about the way how i think...I just, well, didn't know...I'm really,really sorry k...Hope u don't mind

jyun

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 1:04 am

jyunshin wrote:Hi! Firstly thanks again to you for sharing all this info. :) Couldn't appreciate it much more than anyone else!!

When I checked the website you mentioned, it seems like there isn't much qualifications are required so I assumed it was less strict (I was wrong,ok) :? FYI, I from Malaysia and my family will be moving to Singapore next year. It was a good news as I thought it'll be 'awesome' :twisted: to have the whole house all by myself. But now thinking back the idea of none-homecook meal or low-pay jobs doesn't entice me that well so I thought giving SIA a try might well worth it.

Dreaming that job do occur in me during school days and I am sure it is with me right now. Currently I'm doing a Travel, Tourism & Hospitality course by ABE(Association of Business Executive) and in my Diploma level(don't know whether you heard of it). I doubt that my qualifications will help as I'm only at my Diploma level, not Advanced Diploma.

By the way, I'm not going for the 21st and 22nd interview. I need some time to clarify certain stuffs thats been going on around me and I'll just work part-time or holidaying around first.(lousy english EVERYONE notice?) :o Thanks again to you and Dreamer, I'll bear in mind to check those threads you mentioned, and you can call me jyun...:)

jyun


Hie Jyun! No worries...just sharing to the best of my knowledge. :)

Oh ok, now i get the idea...about ur plan to move to singapore. Yup, of course it's better to stick to ur family, at least u dun have to worry bout ur meals and laundry and bills and stuff! :lol: I think it's definitely a good decision u made to try out for SIA. If u get it, i guess u'll never regret it (in my opinion...hehe).

Yeah, i've heard of ABE. I'm sure it will help...coz they didn't state they require advanced diploma. So i guess urs would be sufficient. Furthermore, u're doing travel, tourism and hospitality which is much related to the service industry :) So when u gonna grad?

Well, u could always try for future recruitments when u've settled everything. I believe they would have recruitments thruout the yr. All d best!

jyunshin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007

Postby jyunshin » Fri, 06 Apr 2007 3:19 pm

Hi 12345

I will be graduating next year but I guess I could skip my Advanced Diploma level if they(SIA) accept me with only Diploma qualification. Couldn't be a better opportunity.... :? But izzit true that candidates with a degree qualificatons fare more better than others?? If I'm not mistaken too, the pay are slightly better too.... :-| And how about your interviews?? Care to share a few if you don't mind???

jyun

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 2:45 am

jyunshin wrote:Hi 12345

I will be graduating next year but I guess I could skip my Advanced Diploma level if they(SIA) accept me with only Diploma qualification. Couldn't be a better opportunity.... :? But izzit true that candidates with a degree qualificatons fare more better than others?? If I'm not mistaken too, the pay are slightly better too.... :-| And how about your interviews?? Care to share a few if you don't mind???

jyun


Hey jyun...

Well, i'm not too sure if graduates face a better chance on being selected but i'm DEFINITELY SURE the pay is higher for grads. About $150 more if i'm not mistaken :)

My interview? Well, it went well till i reached the final interview. Dats where i got stuck! :( Dats the reason why u dun see me advising much on the final management interview coz i think i'm not fit to do so :( :(

Actually, SIA was in my uni for a recruitment drive...so i tot i just give it a try. Dat was in late Jan this yr but i wun be graduating till the end of the yr but then i tot since SIA is here, i mite as well just go for it lah. Haha!

The 1st round of interview was held in uni as well...and i was SO SHOCKED by the way they eliminate the applicants! Coz i'm really new u know, i seldom hear anything about airline interviews and stuff. Plus, i wasnt even aware of the existence of this forum that time. :lol: Like in groups of 10, they only selected like 4? 5?

Then all the successful applicants were invited to the 2nd interview the next day in KL. The 1-1 interview went pretty smooth...the interviewer was VERY NICE!!! I was first asked to read a passage. After that, questions asked were like self-intro, role of a cabin crew (apart from serving passengers), do u read about SIA, any experience in customer service etc. Thereafter, the ones who made it thru would have to come back the same day in the late afternoon for the water confidence test. After the test, our Body Mass Index were taken and they would announce the shorlisted candidates for the final interview.

So, during the final interview...various questions were posted such as tell me sumthing about SIA, role of a cabin crew, experience in customer service, family background and so on. I guess dats about all for my interview process...hehe. Do u have any experience in customer service byw? I think it'll be good to have it, might be useful :)

kym1983oo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 03 Apr 2007
Location: KUL

1st final interview

Postby kym1983oo » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:50 pm

Hey dudes,

I've passed the management interview on 1 March. We've been told to wait for the medical examination and EP application. But untill this moment, I still receive nothing from them :( Is anyone get the notification email or any information from SQ?

Thank you :)

Cheers..

jyunshin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2007

Postby jyunshin » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 8:24 pm

Hey 12345....

I guess you're quite lucky la compared to others :) From what I read in those threads, some didn't even get through the 1st interview :roll: Others even had to wait for 6 months or more(correct me if I'm wrong) to get back to the interview le... But they didn't give up easily so I'm keeping this spirit & enthusiasm in check just in case I freak out in the middle of it...or everything.... :?

As for the experience in customer service, I don't know if my previous job as a waiter or bartender(current job, FYI) counts, or not....I guess there is a little bit of interlink between them and the real front desk job, huh?? :wink: From what I found out, you(I mean myself, of course...heh) have to BE yourself with a bit of pure luck & loads of confidence.... :D And I think you DID managed to be yourself, that's why you been getting this far...(hats off to ya)

Anyway, I don't know when I'll give this a try but I'm sure I'll DO it! I'll just have keep myself updated...I will...hehe :lol: Thanks for sharing all this and GOOD LUCK on your next attempt!!!

jyun

indcisive
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 03 Nov 2006

Re: 1st final interview

Postby indcisive » Tue, 10 Apr 2007 9:41 am

kym1983oo wrote:Hey dudes,

I've passed the management interview on 1 March. We've been told to wait for the medical examination and EP application. But untill this moment, I still receive nothing from them :( Is anyone get the notification email or any information from SQ?

Thank you :)

Cheers..


Patience my friend :)

I'm still waiting for mine as well. Although there was a slight delay on my behalf as I just recently submitted my educational certs. We were informed that it might even take up to 2 months so all we can do is wait. Do update once you received any news ya..

rgds

kym1983oo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 03 Apr 2007
Location: KUL

RE: to Indcisive

Postby kym1983oo » Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:38 am

Dear Indcisive,

It's glad to hear from you as it makes me feel more secure :wink: . However, I just submitted my education certificate as well and I suppose it takes another few more weeks :roll: . Let's pray...

good luck to everyone..

indcisive
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 03 Nov 2006

Postby indcisive » Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:03 pm

Kym,

I'm curious whether were you asked to go to SIA's KL branch to verify your certs?

kym1983oo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 03 Apr 2007
Location: KUL

Postby kym1983oo » Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:37 pm

indcisive,

Nope. Mary gave me two options either fax over or scan the cert and mail to her. How about you?

Mind to pm me your msn add.

indcisive
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 03 Nov 2006

Postby indcisive » Tue, 10 Apr 2007 1:21 pm

kym1983oo wrote:indcisive,

Nope. Mary gave me two options either fax over or scan the cert and mail to her. How about you?

Mind to pm me your msn add.


Hmm.. when was this? I did emailed her a softcopy of my cert then a few days later she asked me to go to their KL branch as they need to view the original copy. Maybe they doubt the authenticity of my cert.. lol

Oh yeah, I've pm-ed you my msn add. Not very nice of us to hijack this thread.

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 2:26 pm

indcisive wrote:
kym1983oo wrote:indcisive,

Nope. Mary gave me two options either fax over or scan the cert and mail to her. How about you?

Mind to pm me your msn add.


Hmm.. when was this? I did emailed her a softcopy of my cert then a few days later she asked me to go to their KL branch as they need to view the original copy. Maybe they doubt the authenticity of my cert.. lol

Oh yeah, I've pm-ed you my msn add. Not very nice of us to hijack this thread.


YES!!! Pls dun hijack this thread! We need ur postings!!! :lol: :lol:

indcisive
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri, 03 Nov 2006

Postby indcisive » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 3:01 pm

12345 wrote:
indcisive wrote:
kym1983oo wrote:indcisive,

Nope. Mary gave me two options either fax over or scan the cert and mail to her. How about you?

Mind to pm me your msn add.


Hmm.. when was this? I did emailed her a softcopy of my cert then a few days later she asked me to go to their KL branch as they need to view the original copy. Maybe they doubt the authenticity of my cert.. lol

Oh yeah, I've pm-ed you my msn add. Not very nice of us to hijack this thread.


YES!!! Pls dun hijack this thread! We need ur postings!!! :lol: :lol:


Bro, hows things?

Err.. aren't you being a little contradictory there? or maybe you misinterpreted what thread-hijacking means? haha..

Anyway, I'm still waiting and waiting and waiting.. hopefully this misery ends soon :p From what I heard, a few of us already gotten their work pass. Hope to hear from em soon [-o<

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 7:09 pm

indcisive wrote:
12345 wrote:
indcisive wrote:
kym1983oo wrote:indcisive,

Nope. Mary gave me two options either fax over or scan the cert and mail to her. How about you?

Mind to pm me your msn add.


Hmm.. when was this? I did emailed her a softcopy of my cert then a few days later she asked me to go to their KL branch as they need to view the original copy. Maybe they doubt the authenticity of my cert.. lol

Oh yeah, I've pm-ed you my msn add. Not very nice of us to hijack this thread.


YES!!! Pls dun hijack this thread! We need ur postings!!! :lol: :lol:


Bro, hows things?

Err.. aren't you being a little contradictory there? or maybe you misinterpreted what thread-hijacking means? haha..

Anyway, I'm still waiting and waiting and waiting.. hopefully this misery ends soon :p From what I heard, a few of us already gotten their work pass. Hope to hear from em soon [-o<


Hey...things are going alrite. Really stress at uni, this week is my mid-term break and i went down to singapore. Haha! Went to changi to take a look...man, i was REALLY impressed! Very nice airport...and i saw so many SQ crews! :)

Ok, most likely i misinterpreted the meaning of it :oops: So what does it really mean? :lol:

Seriously, i could feel the misery. The anxiousness is a killer! But i think u r gonna hear from them REAL SOON since some of them have already gotten their passes. Where's SIA KL branch btw? So, u've gotten ur accomodation and stuff ready? Or u'll wait for them to call first?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest