Singapore Expats Forum

Any kind information about Austrialia...........

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

jespifir

Any kind information about Austrialia...........

Postby jespifir » Sun, 03 Dec 2006 2:25 am

Hei love to know about australian........ can i work n at the sametime travel around australia. planing to go for visitation. :D
LOVE S GREAT WITH TRUTH OF GRACE

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Any kind information about Austrialia...........

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 03 Dec 2006 2:39 am

jespifir wrote:Hei love to know about australian........ can i work n at the sametime travel around australia. planing to go for visitation. :D

To put it simply, NO.

rodandhelen
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rodandhelen » Sun, 03 Dec 2006 7:19 am

yea sure of course you can,have got a friend on a working holiday visa at the moment travelling around

KeriT
Regular
Regular

Postby KeriT » Sun, 03 Dec 2006 9:31 am

I had met backpackers doing that as well. If my memory serves me right, its only valid up to 2 years.. But I may be wrong.

rodandhelen
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rodandhelen » Sun, 03 Dec 2006 5:13 pm

think its valid for 12 months now

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 03 Dec 2006 6:21 pm

Then I stand corrected. :wink:
It's been a few years since I was working in Aus and the laws were much different then. Good to know. Thanks guys.

sene
Regular
Regular

Postby sene » Mon, 04 Dec 2006 2:11 pm

jespifir wrote:Hei love to know about australian........ can i work n at the sametime travel around australia. planing to go for visitation. :D

If you come from certain countries - ie. Europe, US, Japan, Canada, Singapore - and you are under 25 or 30 (not sure which one) you can get a one year working visa where you can work while travelling .. such as in cafes, farms, etc. However this was being reviewd a couple of years ago (at the time I moved here) because too many British backpackers were overstaying the visa and working illegally there. So I don't know what happened to the review and if the rules have changed.

shidal
Regular
Regular

Postby shidal » Mon, 04 Dec 2006 9:31 pm

well the laws change noe

jespifir

Postby jespifir » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 2:23 am

sene wrote:

If you come from certain countries - ie. Europe, US, Japan, Canada, Singapore - and you are under 25 or 30 (not sure which one) you can get a one year working visa where you can work while travelling .. such as in cafes, farms, etc. However this was being reviewd a couple of years ago (at the time I moved here) because too many British backpackers were overstaying the visa and working illegally there. So I don't know what happened to the review and if the rules have changed.

Great thankz for the information was given here. At least it clear my doubt about this trip. :D :???:

Guess this forum it is really a great help for anyone seeking advise or listen to stories in life. :D 8-)
LOVE S GREAT WITH TRUTH OF GRACE

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 8:29 am

May I suggest that you check with the Australian consulate on what exactly the law is. I know it use to be this way, but a lot has changed in the last few years. I think it would pay to check it out before it costs you anything. :wink: