Singapore Expats Forum

Which airline is better?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
qinggx

Which airline is better?

Postby qinggx » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:36 am

Anyone can provide me with information of various airlines? Which airline would be better if I want to be an air stewardess?

Thank You.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:41 am

Bit of a 'naff' question qinqx, it is up to you to find out all you need to know about the various airlines; consider pay and promotion prospects, contract, language skill requirements, do they differentiate between male and female?, where would you be based/willing to live?, religion and of course pay.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 6:10 am

Now, now, Plavt. You're picking on this person (not sure whether this is a she or a he). Why would this person want to waste hie/her time investigating which airline. When maybe someone else has done the work and can just tell her/him. I mean most people with an intelligent mind would know that this is something that changes and varies per person. Right?
Now qinggx, as Plavt said it alll depends on all sorts of factors....so what do you want? Money? Visit exciting places? Be gone for days at a time or out and back in the same day? A good safety record? I could go on....but I have more import things to do! :???:

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Postby corines143 » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:27 am

hi there ppl!

well PLAVT is right to some extend cos he means she should at least know the airlines within her focus rite? like we dont even hear her mention any so she just wants us to provide info which is wrong. she MUST be responsible to read up and go and explore abt of it before posting a question here.

well QINGGX, to answer your question in my eyes - SIA is the best airline for its standard, service, airport and many other factors which u must read up at their website. Second to me is Emirates but you will have to relocate to Dubai but you get a subsidized apartment there to stay in and also pay is higher in USD. Frankly, which airline interest you? maybe if u streamdown this I Can help you cos ive been reading up on diff airlines.
and how old are you ? age matters as well actually for diff airlines.

cheers
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Postby jencrs » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 1:37 pm

Matney's just being a little sarcastic and making fun of the original post. Vague and lazy posts pop up regularly asking for information easily found tends to frustrate the regular readers.

qinggx

Postby qinggx » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 4:15 am

I am just asking what's ur opinion in general. Not specifically on one or two factors. It's more on the overall. Probably between Emirates & SIA? I couldn't find information about the payment structure for being a cabin crew in sia.

Thanks so much corines143 for the information =) I'm 19 this year. I know emirates min age is 21.
Last edited by qinggx on Thu, 30 Nov 2006 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

qinggx

Postby qinggx » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 4:20 am

Btw, I did try to find information. Sorry I didn't know u guys would think this way =)