Singapore Expats Forum

info on singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

rodandhelen
Chatter
Chatter

info on singapore

Postby rodandhelen » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 7:12 am

would apreciate any info or advice on moving to Singapore

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 7:39 am

Happy to help, but can you be a bit more specific? What is it you are unsure of, what practical things do you need to know, etc. I'm happy to chat via email if you'd prefer - I've done this countless times with other newbies. :)

There is a great network of expats here - all nationalities. We made "friends" via a couple of forums like this one before we moved, asked all sorts of stupid questions (nothing that hadn't been asked before, I'm sure) and once we got here people were incredibly helpful, invited us to lunches, dinners, barbies, etc. and advised us "where to buy xxx" and suchlike. This said, if you want to know the real deal, make friends with some locals. ;)

I notice from another post that you are a bit apprehensive about leaving your family - it's normal, and a lot of us here have been through it. I'm not sure of the circumstances of your move (choice, or a posting) but look on it as an adventure! Singapore is a great and easy place to live, you'll have a ball.

The world is a small place - you're only a plane ride away from your folks, and the internet is a wonderful way of keeping in touch.

You'll be fine. :)

rodandhelen
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rodandhelen » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 7:17 pm

thankyou for your message,very kind of u to help me.would greatly appreciate it if i could email you for your advice on things as i think of them(many will prob me minor and silly)
thankyou

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:10 pm

Send to beepope (at) hotmail (dot) com