Singapore Expats Forum

about singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
rodandhelen
Chatter
Chatter

about singapore

Postby rodandhelen » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 6:21 am

moving to Singapore soon,can any1 tel me what its like??

kitana78

Hi

Postby kitana78 » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:25 am

Hi there...
I am local and married a german

My husband has been to many countries and he loves it here in singapore... haha nothing to do with me

Anyway, singapore is safe, clean, and when it comes to facilities, we have everything well alost everything

Public transport is great here, we do not have a car but trust me you really dont need one here.

The train is convenient to go practicaly anywhere

DO email me at kurt_ayu@hotmail.com if you need more info

there are many websites that you can browse through about singapore

take care
cheers
kitana

rodandhelen
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rodandhelen » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 7:09 pm

thankyou very much for your help its greatly appreciated

greenrover

Postby greenrover » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 7:19 pm

Where are you from?

This will help us to understand what kind of things you might need to adjust to apart from the weather....

rodandhelen
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rodandhelen » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 7:23 pm

i am from Wales,uk and my husband is from Sydney

rodandhelen
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rodandhelen » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 7:30 pm

the weather is something i will definately have to adjust to,especially coming from uk!! :lol:

greenrover

Postby greenrover » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 7:41 pm

Right! That helps..

Singapore is a relatively flat, rather small place, heavily built up, but if you go looking for it you can find some green bits too!

There are a few hills but generally it is a densely populated place with lots of high rise and fast highways as well as quiet back streets if you know where to look LOL

Keep an open mind and sample the contrasting lifestyle and you will enjoy the experience.

The rest you should find out for yourself.

Come cycling with us in January and see how the other half lives

Snowdon it ain't!

rodandhelen
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rodandhelen » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 7:49 pm

well i certainly wont miss the hills,mountains and cold here!lol ,it sounds like its gona be a great but completly different lifestyle to what i have here...sure i will manage to find that little bit of green hiding away in singapore to remind me of home!lol

one843
Regular
Regular

Postby one843 » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 7:47 am

I come from the very middle of the US. An area of the country that alot of people consider very senic.
I think that it is very easy to find green here. Everywhere I look there is the color green. Of course there are not huge parcels of grenn fields but there are huge amounts of green vegetation.

My best piece of advice for anyone comeing here from a european nation is where you choose to stay is very very important especially for the wife that stays home. And even more important if you are not goin gto have a car.
If you are going to live in condo make sure you choose one near every kind of business you would need to go to on a day to day basis.
Choose one near a MRT or Bus stop.
I have never been to the UK so I do not know what shoping is like there.
Whoever in the States yuou can pretty much find everything you will need in one location if not in that one location you may have to drive another 1000 meters down the road to find the last few things on your shopping list.
You should be able to find everything you need here in Singapore however you may need to go to different locations to find it.
Just remember the place you choose to live will make life alott easier on a day to day basis.
When you are choosing your condo do alot of research.