Singapore Expats Forum

nervous

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
rodandhelen
Chatter
Chatter

nervous

Postby rodandhelen » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 5:07 am

hi im soon to move to singapore from uk with my husband and 4 month old boy,im getting a little nervous now about leaving family and friends behind and being in a totally new environment...can any1 help put my mind at ease......thanx

Sunrise

Postby Sunrise » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 9:10 am

Hi there

I too moved here from the uk about 4 months ago and love it! Its such a friendly place and it really is easy to meet a lot of people. Its very user friendly here and you can find just about everything that you want and it is also very safe which will make a nice change from the uk!
Its a big move but one that I most definitely do not regret, this site is great to meet others in your situation so use it as much as you can as there are a lot of fellow expat mums with young babies here so I am more than sure that you will adjust just fine!

Any questions then please feel free to pm and I will try to help!

Good luck with the move and dont be nervous it really is lovely here!

rodandhelen
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rodandhelen » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 7:11 pm

thankyou for your message it has certainly put my mind at rest

Sunrise

Postby Sunrise » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 7:39 pm

Hope so as it really is a great place! Its also the gateway to asia so its quite amazing where you can get too on the weekends and for how little money!
Its also so westernised here that you do sometimes forget that you are in asia!
Good luck with the move.