Singapore Expats Forum

JAL - JAPAN Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
tenshi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed, 18 Oct 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby tenshi » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 6:43 pm

Gwenniebliss

Invest in a good formal suit. Just a simple collared blouse and knee-length skirt will do. You can skip the jacket as you will have to take it off if you get to the interview for them to do the skin check. Basically they want to see how you will look in their uniform which is collared and has a knee-length skirt.

Go to a good photo studio to take those shots. You can use them for other interviews later. Juat make sure you get a cd of the shots or a negative where you can reprint. :)

User avatar
gwenniebliss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun, 04 Feb 2007
Location: MOOs Land

Postby gwenniebliss » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 7:33 pm

tenshi wrote:Gwenniebliss

Invest in a good formal suit. Just a simple collared blouse and knee-length skirt will do. You can skip the jacket as you will have to take it off if you get to the interview for them to do the skin check. Basically they want to see how you will look in their uniform which is collared and has a knee-length skirt.

Go to a good photo studio to take those shots. You can use them for other interviews later. Juat make sure you get a cd of the shots or a negative where you can reprint. :)


hey thanks for the advise! gonna head to G2000.. haha... waiting for the email for the next interview!! Scare >_<

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 8:38 pm

tenshi is right, suits are something you can keep and it won`t go out of fashion. get one with a formal cut. if you`re going to G2000, you should get the blazer too. cos they give you a free matching skirt or pants when you purchase the blazer. G2000 offers alteration service for free too, when you purchase their blazers. and the good thing is if you`re a size 10 for the blazer, you can get the correct size, let`s say 8 for the matching bottom. you don`t have to get the same size, and the pricing is reasonable too.

leen73
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 16 Nov 2005

Postby leen73 » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 10:48 pm

hi Gwenniebliss,

emirates, SQ also recruiting now mah... being waiting for emirates recruitment drive but was told most likely in march.. anxiously waiting.. SQ too.... hmmm their website didn indicate the interview... you got them all thru school mah...

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 10:50 pm

SIA`s one will probably be in march. that`s a speculation from the trend of the recruitment drives we`ve seen.. keep a look out on the webbie. cos SIA posts about 3 weeks before the walk in.

User avatar
gwenniebliss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun, 04 Feb 2007
Location: MOOs Land

Postby gwenniebliss » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 10:57 pm

leen73 wrote:hi Gwenniebliss,

emirates, SQ also recruiting now mah... being waiting for emirates recruitment drive but was told most likely in march.. anxiously waiting.. SQ too.... hmmm their website didn indicate the interview... you got them all thru school mah...



i got thur the school'd interview.. and the person told me to wait for a email.. hahha kinda kanchiong already. I wanted to apply for the emirates online, but i need a nice pic.. gonna go outside take first.. hahah

how abt u?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 10:58 pm

gwen, you`re sending in for JAL right?

User avatar
gwenniebliss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun, 04 Feb 2007
Location: MOOs Land

Postby gwenniebliss » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 11:06 pm

xmischax wrote:gwen, you`re sending in for JAL right?


yup!! i prefer singapore based.. keke

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 11:10 pm

gwenniebliss wrote:
xmischax wrote:gwen, you`re sending in for JAL right?


yup!! i prefer singapore based.. keke


i prefer singapore based too! lol.. good luck to us!

by the way, have you seen JAL`s uniform?

User avatar
gwenniebliss
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun, 04 Feb 2007
Location: MOOs Land

Postby gwenniebliss » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 11:12 pm

erm is it the black ones with a scarf? thats what i saw on the website... hahhaa. but i'm scare that the requirement is very high... i have scar on my face! :(

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 11:13 pm

http://www.jal.com/en/history/uniform/jal/

see the uniform there.. but according to the website, junior crews are in charcoal grey blazers and the dark blue/black one is for senior crews.. not too sure though! i`ve only seen the black/dark blue ones so far.

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 11:14 pm

gwenniebliss wrote:erm is it the black ones with a scarf? thats what i saw on the website... hahhaa. but i'm scare that the requirement is very high... i have scar on my face! :(


I've seen ugly ones and they are still flying. One has bad complexion but with thick foundation. 8-)

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 11:14 pm

gwenniebliss wrote:erm is it the black ones with a scarf? thats what i saw on the website... hahhaa. but i'm scare that the requirement is very high... i have scar on my face! :(


where`s your scar! cannot see! lol.. don`t worry, udunowhoim is a JAL crew and she said she got scar on her face too right?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 11:15 pm

M wrote:
gwenniebliss wrote:erm is it the black ones with a scarf? thats what i saw on the website... hahhaa. but i'm scare that the requirement is very high... i have scar on my face! :(


I've seen ugly ones and they are still flying. One has bad complexion but with thick foundation. 8-)


do you know if the blazer is black or charcoal grey?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 11:17 pm

http://www.jal.co.jp/jaltv/source/?s1=t ... to-japan-e

this is the video for yokoso! japan. titled fly to japan on JAL. 8+mins long.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KCWK and 3 guests