Singapore Expats Forum

JAL - JAPAN Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sploosh_babe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat, 05 May 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: Hi There!

Postby sploosh_babe » Sun, 06 May 2007 1:09 am

jo512 wrote:Anyone know whens JAL is recruiting? And what is the website that i can look for it? Tks.


Hi.. You can go to the main website.. select singapore.. and go under the selection on the right 'RECRUITMENT'..

www.jal.com

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Wed, 09 May 2007 12:14 am

aezl wrote:hi,

under the JAL requirements, it says perfect eyesight.. that means short sighhted pple like me cant join? or does it means as long as ur with contact lens and able to see will be fine? and also, do the seniors bully the new recruit? cause recently i saw this japanese drama called [attention please].. the senior air stewardesses kinda treat the newcomers badly..

thanks!


You're definitely required to do more and more galley work since you're new. Most airlines have the same culture, something all of us cannot avoid. :)

User avatar
rev12000
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu, 02 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore Central

Postby rev12000 » Fri, 11 May 2007 9:42 pm

Hi, i'm new here. I'm keen in joining JAL as a FA. I understand i've missed the opportunity this year FEB, am wondering if anyone knows how frequent are their intake interval?
I fell down lately and had left a scar on my left knee. Would anyone be able to advice me if this going to affect their decision during the skin check?
Any advice are much apprecaited, CHEERIOS! :lol:

aezl
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed, 02 May 2007

Postby aezl » Mon, 14 May 2007 8:35 am

hi there, does anyone know how does the JAL interviews like? like wad rounds are there, are they very strict, etc? care to share?


thanks!

User avatar
EsteeoO
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun, 11 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby EsteeoO » Thu, 17 May 2007 12:18 pm

Hi..i'm interested in joining JAL..but i'm considering if i should go for a degree before join JAL..by then i will be 25, will 25 be abit old for JAL?

any expirence talk or advice for me? Thanks.

nosecraze
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu, 19 Apr 2007

Postby nosecraze » Mon, 21 May 2007 2:55 am

hey, does anyone know when the next intake will take place? and will it be a good idea, or possible to use JAL as a stepping stone to SIA as i do not possess the 5 olvl passes for SIA, but possess the 3 Olvl passes for JAL. pls help!
Thanks!

User avatar
rev12000
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu, 02 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore Central

Postby rev12000 » Mon, 21 May 2007 3:06 am

nosecraze wrote:hey, does anyone know when the next intake will take place? and will it be a good idea, or possible to use JAL as a stepping stone to SIA as i do not possess the 5 olvl passes for SIA, but possess the 3 Olvl passes for JAL. pls help!
Thanks!


:( Why JAL as a stepping stone? JAL is also an international airline and would be a great chance to fly with them. I understand that a friend actually failed JAL but currently flying with SIA. :roll: So, JAL expectations may not be any lower. With regards to your 3 O'level passes, SIA do have exceptional cases. If you are really keen to be part of SIA you should try SIA first. :lol: Unless JAL recruitment is scheduled before SIA. CHEERIOS!!

Personally, i wouldn't use JAL as a stepping stone.
*OUCH* my heartache ... black-out

nosecraze
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu, 19 Apr 2007

Postby nosecraze » Mon, 21 May 2007 5:34 am

ohoh! pls don b offended :cry:
wad i meant was, stepping stone in the sense that, cox the requirement for JAL is only 3 olvl credits which i have. and my mum hence keeps bugging me to go for JAL, but i really want to go for SIA. Heard that SIA is very strict with qualifications, is it really true there are exceptions?

User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby abnegation » Mon, 21 May 2007 10:53 am

nosecraze wrote:ohoh! pls don b offended :cry:
wad i meant was, stepping stone in the sense that, cox the requirement for JAL is only 3 olvl credits which i have. and my mum hence keeps bugging me to go for JAL, but i really want to go for SIA. Heard that SIA is very strict with qualifications, is it really true there are exceptions?


Yes it is true. But they are rare cases. So it'll be better if you have the qualifications they require.
★ abnegation; self denial

feistynOt
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 19 Apr 2007
Location: lah! land

Postby feistynOt » Tue, 22 May 2007 12:45 am

abnegation wrote:
nosecraze wrote:ohoh! pls don b offended :cry:
wad i meant was, stepping stone in the sense that, cox the requirement for JAL is only 3 olvl credits which i have. and my mum hence keeps bugging me to go for JAL, but i really want to go for SIA. Heard that SIA is very strict with qualifications, is it really true there are exceptions?


Yes it is true. But they are rare cases. So it'll be better if you have the qualifications they require.


abnegation:
U serious??!?Mean no offence, but how did u noe? Did sumone u noe get in though he/she possess lower qualification than stated? :D

User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby abnegation » Wed, 23 May 2007 12:22 pm

feistynOt wrote:abnegation:
U serious??!?Mean no offence, but how did u noe? Did sumone u noe get in though he/she possess lower qualification than stated? :D


If you read through the forum threads, you do read of such cases. But like I said, it is really very rare. So it'll be better if you have the qualifications.
★ abnegation; self denial

babyger
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri, 13 Apr 2007

Postby babyger » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:34 am

JAL is recruiting again!!!..http://www.sg.jal.com/en/others/recruitment/

closing date 15 june. Im keen on trying.. but it seems like the most HOT topic is SIA.

have anyone been to JAL recruitment before ? i think there are 3 interview rds according to their previous recruitment.

those who've went for their recruitment before care to share the details with us ?!?!

a million thks!!! :wink:

zcarina
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri, 30 Mar 2007

Postby zcarina » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:54 am

Do anyone knows wat is the basic pay for a JAL stewardess?? Appro how much allowance each mth?? average lor... and also do we need to sign any bond, such as SQ.. or got nay lump sum aft service of 5 years, same as SQ??? Tksss

udunowhoim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 03 Feb 2007

Postby udunowhoim » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 2:21 am

zcarina wrote:Do anyone knows wat is the basic pay for a JAL stewardess?? Appro how much allowance each mth?? average lor... and also do we need to sign any bond, such as SQ.. or got nay lump sum aft service of 5 years, same as SQ??? Tksss


Depends on how you see.
If u are looking at 2.5k -3k mth, go JAL.
If u want immediate 4k~, go SIA. Bond is required, like SQ.
Lump sum aft service of 5 years, like as SQ but lower and subject to tax.

In simple ratio,in terms of $ that jal pay to of SQ, is $2:$3

Little bit more on statistics,
Routes covered by jal compared to SQ is 1:20. :o
(JAL has only 6 routes, SQ has 99)

Actual working leg of JAL compared to SQ is PROBABLY 1:2. :???:
(Every turn around in JAL give u at least 1 nite stay,but in SQ is LITERALLY TURNAROUND, you come n go on the same day)
In other words, more work more $, less work less $ :roll:

so, you get paid for wat you work for. :twisted:

lupper
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 06 Jul 2006

Postby lupper » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 8:56 am

--
Last edited by lupper on Sun, 22 Jul 2007 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ZY723 and 2 guests