Singapore Expats

JAL - JAPAN Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Fly Away

Post by Fly Away » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 4:05 pm

hethel wrote:Hi hi..

I was told by my fren who was ex-crew with JAL, that they only offered 3 yrs contract to sg crew. They hardly re-newed it even though they said will review subject to performance etc... is that true? anyone can advise and confirm on this? :-s

TIA :)
It is 5 yrs contract and 20 months bond. The bond is $3000 if u quit during local training and $10000 if u quit after u start japan training.
Not really like harly renew contract, a lot of crew been working inside for more than 5 yrs. If your perf is really good then they will renew you. But recently they are trying to cut cost, so also v difficult to say. But i do believe if your perf is good, they will renew you.
For all the girl down here gg for interview, don even think of the contract first, u might don like the culture of this company? or u don like this job after u start flying? what u all should do now is how to pass the interview first i think :wink:

hethel

Post by hethel » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 4:24 pm

Fly Away wrote: It is 5 yrs contract and 20 months bond. The bond is $3000 if u quit during local training and $10000 if u quit after u start japan training.
Not really like harly renew contract, a lot of crew been working inside for more than 5 yrs. If your perf is really good then they will renew you. But recently they are trying to cut cost, so also v difficult to say. But i do believe if your perf is good, they will renew you.
For all the girl down here gg for interview, don even think of the contract first, u might don like the culture of this company? or u don like this job after u start flying? what u all should do now is how to pass the interview first i think :wink:
Thanks for clearing my doubts.. will try on the next intake :wink:

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 5:05 pm

artificialsweet wrote:
snowss wrote:
kissangel wrote:so they only ask u one qn??? izzit before or after body check up????

why did u reject their offer?
If i can still rmb...i think they asked me one qns and my intro as well :wink:
The interview is b4 the physical check, after interview u will get changed into ur spag and shorts for the check :D

Why I rejected the job is because I wanted to complete my studies as it finishes in Oct and also some other personal matters :)
oh my, what a miss.. y don't u work while studying? but, seems like you have some other matters to be considered as well.. 8-)

are you going to try again in the future? :wink:

btw, if you don't mind sharing, how many stages of interview are there and what are they?

i was about to send my application, then, hehhh..
Ya, some other matters to consider as well :)

Maybe not in the future coze I just got (almost) the job from Cathay, just left medical to clear...

There are 2 rounds of interviews for JAL, 1st round u can expect chinese passage reading and the interview itself...2nd round, physical check and interview..I think tat most imptly u have to be calm and composed and of coze show ur sincerity that u want this job..

Do consider b4 u join coze it will be a 20mths bond once u start the training...regardless any airline it may be :)
(=^_^=)

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 8:07 pm

hey girls!

SIA's recruiting with walk-in interview on 23rd november :lol:
I'm gonna go for it!
cos JAL's rushing to go training in DEC while SIA is May, meaning I can graduate in time for it.

I know its not JAL, but just wanna let you girls who might be interested know. :)

actually given a choice, I will wanna be JAL's stewardess....
hahaha
uniform's so nice and its japan, I freakin love japan..

geekeleta

Post by geekeleta » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 9:02 pm

linatan87 wrote:i tink theres oni 2 rounds of interviews rite..
yep it seems like so...and then it'd be the medical checkup. :)

linatan87

Post by linatan87 » Tue, 04 Nov 2008 10:27 am

yeah..looking foorward to sun.. :)

linatan87

Post by linatan87 » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 3:12 pm

just curious..
anyone noe how the medical check up process is like?

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 3:29 pm

linatan87 wrote:just curious..
Their medical check is quite thorough...u can expect full body checkup, where u have to take off everything except ur undies where the female doctor will check ur breast for any lumps, the posture of ur spine and etc..

There is also a hearing test conducted which is at lucky plaza..it's in an enclosed room where u will be hearing different tones of pitches and when u hear them u have to press the button.
There will be Xray done, during my time..I did one for my lungs, side and back view..

There are 2 location, 3 clinics for the medical...so do wear comfortable like no heels as u will be travelling. 1st to clifford centre, to check ur eyesight and urine sample then u will be given a form to take ur hearing and Xray in another clinic at Lucky Plaza.
The clinic in Lucky Plaza is 2 different clinics :)
(=^_^=)

linatan87

Post by linatan87 » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 3:45 pm

Thx snowss..
left wif oni undies...the last time I had this kinda body check was in my sec sch days liao..>.<

strawberrysundae

Post by strawberrysundae » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 4:04 pm

snowss wrote:
Their medical check is quite thorough...u can expect full body checkup, where u have to take off everything except ur undies where the female doctor will check ur breast for any lumps, the posture of ur spine and etc..

There is also a hearing test conducted which is at lucky plaza..it's in an enclosed room where u will be hearing different tones of pitches and when u hear them u have to press the button.
There will be Xray done, during my time..I did one for my lungs, side and back view..

There are 2 location, 3 clinics for the medical...so do wear comfortable like no heels as u will be travelling. 1st to clifford centre, to check ur eyesight and urine sample then u will be given a form to take ur hearing and Xray in another clinic at Lucky Plaza.
wow.. thank you for the description *huggles*
erm.. i have one doubt.. will there be any charges...? >.< (i'm sorry if this question sounds retarded... >.<~)

pnxjamie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pnxjamie » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 4:36 pm

Don't worry, its paid for by JAL

strawberrysundae

Post by strawberrysundae » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 8:51 pm

pnxjamie wrote:Don't worry, its paid for by JAL
thank you~~~! *hugs hugs*

kissangel

Post by kissangel » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 8:57 pm

snowss wrote:

Is the hearing test very difficult....... very detail medical checkup...

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 1:59 am

kissangel wrote:
snowss wrote:

Is the hearing test very difficult....... very detail medical checkup...
i wouldn't say that it's quite difficult for the hearing test...what u will be hearing is different pitches (like very sharp, high to even the lowest-which is quite faint) so u have to listen real carefully :wink:
(=^_^=)

pnxjamie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pnxjamie » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 9:05 am

You just go into this soundproof box, and you will be asked to press the button whenever you hear something. They will then play sounds of different pitch, so all you got to do is press.