Singapore Expats Forum

JAL - JAPAN Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
jalcctb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat, 31 May 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby jalcctb » Mon, 04 Aug 2008 7:49 pm

Apologies for no reply thru out past week as training has been very intensive.. So far nvr hear any news about new recruitments.. As our batch are still on training and our training had started only not long ago, I suppose the next opening will not be so soon... Mayb another few months bah...
<a><img></a>

User avatar
leviosacho
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu, 24 Jul 2008

Postby leviosacho » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 2:16 pm

jalcctb wrote:Apologies for no reply thru out past week as training has been very intensive.. So far nvr hear any news about new recruitments.. As our batch are still on training and our training had started only not long ago, I suppose the next opening will not be so soon... Mayb another few months bah...


Thank you so much. Hopefully it's coming this november or early next year will be fine. But if gotta wait another one and a half year, then I'm gonna die here le! :lol:

jerlyn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

maybe

Postby jerlyn » Mon, 11 Aug 2008 7:51 am

leviosacho wrote:
jalcctb wrote:Apologies for no reply thru out past week as training has been very intensive.. So far nvr hear any news about new recruitments.. As our batch are still on training and our training had started only not long ago, I suppose the next opening will not be so soon... Mayb another few months bah...


Thank you so much. Hopefully it's coming this november or early next year will be fine. But if gotta wait another one and a half year, then I'm gonna die here le! :lol:


maybe its never a beautiful picture where ever u are, which ever job u will be in.. dun say die.. choy..rem the perks u get for the job u are in. hmm..u get the public holidays and weekends, u get to be contactable and within one's reach easily. you dun have to stress over what service for which route, neither do u have to worry abt the passengers or crew u meet each and everytime.last but not least, u get to spend more time with ur loved ones, and they are the ones who made u for who u are today. :D
be optimistic but realistic...JAL

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed, 30 Jul 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Lovely shan » Tue, 19 Aug 2008 1:04 pm

From what i know... recruitment will be early Jan/Feb09. Stay tuned! cheers... :)

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 2:32 am

Lovely shan wrote:From what i know... recruitment will be early Jan/Feb09. Stay tuned! cheers... :)


is it? I heard from one of the trainee who heard from someone, she said it was in oct :?
(=^_^=)

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed, 30 Jul 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Lovely shan » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:28 pm

snowss wrote:
Lovely shan wrote:From what i know... recruitment will be early Jan/Feb09. Stay tuned! cheers... :)


is it? I heard from one of the trainee who heard from someone, she said it was in oct :?


Hi snowss...... u heard from current batch trainees that it will be this oct? what i heard from their cabin crew said that earliest should be next yr.

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Thu, 21 Aug 2008 1:30 pm

Lovely shan wrote:
snowss wrote:
Lovely shan wrote:From what i know... recruitment will be early Jan/Feb09. Stay tuned! cheers... :)


is it? I heard from one of the trainee who heard from someone, she said it was in oct :?


Hi snowss...... u heard from current batch trainees that it will be this oct? what i heard from their cabin crew said that earliest should be next yr.


hi shan, yap...I heard this news from one of the current batch trainee :)
(=^_^=)

User avatar
leviosacho
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu, 24 Jul 2008

Postby leviosacho » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 7:29 am

snowss wrote:
Lovely shan wrote:
snowss wrote:
Lovely shan wrote:From what i know... recruitment will be early Jan/Feb09. Stay tuned! cheers... :)


is it? I heard from one of the trainee who heard from someone, she said it was in oct :?


Hi snowss...... u heard from current batch trainees that it will be this oct? what i heard from their cabin crew said that earliest should be next yr.


hi shan, yap...I heard this news from one of the current batch trainee :)


Hi, would like to know which (Oct or Jan/Feb 09) is more possible for the recruitment to take place. This will be very useful for me. Thank you very much. :)

Gwennie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 14 Mar 2008

Postby Gwennie » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 3:49 pm

Hi gals,
From a reliable source. They wouldn't be recruiting any soon. Cos they are overstaffed.

User avatar
leviosacho
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu, 24 Jul 2008

Postby leviosacho » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 6:56 pm

Gwennie wrote:Hi gals,
From a reliable source. They wouldn't be recruiting any soon. Cos they are overstaffed.


Hi thanks. Actually I wouldnt want the recruitment to come during Oct, next year is a good timing to me. I can have more time to save up first. Haha. :D

aprilkwan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008

Postby aprilkwan » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 6:44 pm

need to know how to swim for JAL? gt water confidence test a not? i m scared of water. and i dunno how to swim TT

User avatar
leviosacho
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu, 24 Jul 2008

Postby leviosacho » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 12:49 am

aprilkwan wrote:need to know how to swim for JAL? gt water confidence test a not? i m scared of water. and i dunno how to swim TT


The water confidence test is going to take place during the training at Japan, if I'm not mistaken.

I dunno how to swim too. But I am going to ask my sis to teach me. If you want to become a flight attendant you can't be afraid of water. Honestly, it's actually hard for me because I am scared of water too. But I take this as a good chance to overcome my own fear. :wink:

chichi14
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2008

Postby chichi14 » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 5:35 pm

I just have a few questions here, I hope somebody can help to answer me. Are they really strict when it comes to languages spoken? I heard that you have to be mandarin-fluent but it was just some hear-say so please enlighten me. What if I'm only conversant in English language? Will it be an impediment for my future application?

I'm not local, just holding a PR status. I supposed they accept PR's?

Thanks in advance!

stripes
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007

Postby stripes » Sun, 07 Sep 2008 12:15 am

Well for those who wanna be part of it. Please think twice if you really wanna get into JAL for experience or $$.

Cos heard from my friend, soon they'll be cutting down to 1 night LO at SFO/LAX which means you wun have the time to go sight-seeing & reading from the past posting, you should roughly know what's their payout.

Me too wanting to join an international carrier initially if not SQ but after feedbacks from my friend, I'll rather not get into it cos 2yrs bond is neither short with that miserable pay. Worst still I dun get to "travel" around with the cut of LO.

The above just my personal opinion.

:)

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Sun, 07 Sep 2008 5:21 pm

stripes wrote:Well for those who wanna be part of it. Please think twice if you really wanna get into JAL for experience or $$.

Cos heard from my friend, soon they'll be cutting down to 1 night LO at SFO/LAX which means you wun have the time to go sight-seeing & reading from the past posting, you should roughly know what's their payout.

Me too wanting to join an international carrier initially if not SQ but after feedbacks from my friend, I'll rather not get into it cos 2yrs bond is neither short with that miserable pay. Worst still I dun get to "travel" around with the cut of LO.

The above just my personal opinion.

:)


stripes I thought u r with JAL??

The last time during my medical check up I did heard abt the 1day LO in the states....but still not too sure if it's true :???:
(=^_^=)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests