Singapore Expats Forum

JAL - JAPAN Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
adluvalex
Regular
Regular
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu, 10 Jan 2008

Postby adluvalex » Wed, 09 Jul 2008 4:43 pm

dingdang_gal wrote:Yeah recent one. she got her med results on mon and she passed it n starting training on 17jul.

Well, pay wise and the many more countries that SIA flies to of cuz is a pulling factor. But have to think of the really heavy schedule, serious jet lags, little rest, and the health issues. So if thk abt it, JAL is a good stepping stone, and for a first timer being unsure if i will rly enjoy this job, given tt jal has less flights so got more rest time. If i like this job, maybe will finish the bond and try for a better airline in future. But if don't like, then go back to ground job lo. And I love japan, so its a good chance to learn their culture and visit japan too. =)


well said.. :lol:

valeberry
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue, 26 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby valeberry » Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:19 pm

Counting down. 3 more days to training! Oh my!

Time flies real fast.

Has anyone been to anchorpoint to buy business suits?

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2008

Postby dreamzz19 » Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:55 pm

guys enjoy ya training.. enjoyin the japan training... =)

dingdang_gal
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon, 23 Jun 2008

Postby dingdang_gal » Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:41 pm

valeberry wrote:Counting down. 3 more days to training! Oh my!

Time flies real fast.

Has anyone been to anchorpoint to buy business suits?


Why need to go all the way to anchorpoint to buy? Cheaper?
I only have like 3 sets... anyone knows if it has to be 3 piece suits? or we can wear a blazer over dresses or something...

valeberry
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue, 26 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby valeberry » Fri, 11 Jul 2008 2:01 pm

dingdang_gal wrote:
valeberry wrote:Counting down. 3 more days to training! Oh my!

Time flies real fast.

Has anyone been to anchorpoint to buy business suits?


Why need to go all the way to anchorpoint to buy? Cheaper?
I only have like 3 sets... anyone knows if it has to be 3 piece suits? or we can wear a blazer over dresses or something...


yup, i heard its way cheaper. But im plain lazy to travel all the way to get jus 1 set. zz

Perhaps we could asked Joyce if we could wear blazer over dress.

I doubt we can, if u hav watch the drama Attention please! all the cabin attendant training in Japan is wearing a top and skirt/pants. :-|

dingdang_gal
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon, 23 Jun 2008

Postby dingdang_gal » Fri, 11 Jul 2008 2:04 pm

valeberry wrote:
dingdang_gal wrote:
valeberry wrote:Counting down. 3 more days to training! Oh my!

Time flies real fast.

Has anyone been to anchorpoint to buy business suits?


Why need to go all the way to anchorpoint to buy? Cheaper?
I only have like 3 sets... anyone knows if it has to be 3 piece suits? or we can wear a blazer over dresses or something...


yup, i heard its way cheaper. But im plain lazy to travel all the way to get jus 1 set. zz

Perhaps we could asked Joyce if we could wear blazer over dress.

I doubt we can, if u hav watch the drama Attention please! all the cabin attendant training in Japan is wearing a top and skirt/pants. :-|


Sheesh... cuz we are gonna wear uniforms in the end... that's why i din realy wanna spend too much getting power suits that im not gonna wear so often, or at all after the training.... hmm...

blackginger
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 21 Oct 2007

Postby blackginger » Sat, 12 Jul 2008 12:49 pm

girls, 2 sets are enough. get it in black or grey so that people won't realise that you are wearing the same thing for the whole week.

no dresses below blazer. has to be office attire.

you will only need to wear formal 6 weeks in sin and 2 weeks in japan, and you will get your uniform after that.

stay sweet to class girls and enjoy every moment.

dedede
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 23 Jun 2008

Postby dedede » Sat, 12 Jul 2008 7:51 pm

been some time since i last visit this forum.

training is going to start soon for u all in less than 48 hrs. hope you guys will enjoy yourself. i didnt get in to jal but sia instead. its a pity i wont have the 6 weeks training in japan. but all of you who got in, have fun =)
i will enjoy my training with sia too.. when it starts...

cheers to all =)

valeberry
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue, 26 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby valeberry » Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:11 am

dedede wrote:been some time since i last visit this forum.

training is going to start soon for u all in less than 48 hrs. hope you guys will enjoy yourself. i didnt get in to jal but sia instead. its a pity i wont have the 6 weeks training in japan. but all of you who got in, have fun =)
i will enjoy my training with sia too.. when it starts...

cheers to all =)


Hey babe, are u adeline, who went to the 2nd batch briefing? ^^

dingdang_gal
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon, 23 Jun 2008

Postby dingdang_gal » Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:27 pm

dedede wrote:been some time since i last visit this forum.

training is going to start soon for u all in less than 48 hrs. hope you guys will enjoy yourself. i didnt get in to jal but sia instead. its a pity i wont have the 6 weeks training in japan. but all of you who got in, have fun =)
i will enjoy my training with sia too.. when it starts...

cheers to all =)


Hey... when you starting you sia training?

grazed
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 29 May 2008

Postby grazed » Sun, 13 Jul 2008 4:54 pm

Hi ladies,

Training is starting tomorrow.I hope all of us, 20 gals, can endure the hardship during training and commence our flying career successfully. Giving each other support,positive attitudes and a bonding spirit. We will brace through this together and build priceless friendships. : ) Onward girls!

Love,
grazed

dedede
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 23 Jun 2008

Postby dedede » Sun, 13 Jul 2008 5:09 pm

valeberry wrote:
dedede wrote:been some time since i last visit this forum.

training is going to start soon for u all in less than 48 hrs. hope you guys will enjoy yourself. i didnt get in to jal but sia instead. its a pity i wont have the 6 weeks training in japan. but all of you who got in, have fun =)
i will enjoy my training with sia too.. when it starts...

cheers to all =)


Hey babe, are u adeline, who went to the 2nd batch briefing? ^^


nope im not adeline. i never attended any briefing at all. guess my nick leads to some misunderstanding. anyway, guess tomorrow you will see the real adeline =)

dedede
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 23 Jun 2008

Postby dedede » Sun, 13 Jul 2008 5:10 pm

dingdang_gal wrote:
dedede wrote:been some time since i last visit this forum.

training is going to start soon for u all in less than 48 hrs. hope you guys will enjoy yourself. i didnt get in to jal but sia instead. its a pity i wont have the 6 weeks training in japan. but all of you who got in, have fun =)
i will enjoy my training with sia too.. when it starts...

cheers to all =)


Hey... when you starting you sia training?



actually, im still waiting for medical. so im not sure yet. =)

valeberry
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue, 26 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby valeberry » Sun, 13 Jul 2008 11:26 pm

dedede wrote:
valeberry wrote:
dedede wrote:been some time since i last visit this forum.

training is going to start soon for u all in less than 48 hrs. hope you guys will enjoy yourself. i didnt get in to jal but sia instead. its a pity i wont have the 6 weeks training in japan. but all of you who got in, have fun =)
i will enjoy my training with sia too.. when it starts...

cheers to all =)


Hey babe, are u adeline, who went to the 2nd batch briefing? ^^


nope im not adeline. i never attended any briefing at all. guess my nick leads to some misunderstanding. anyway, guess tomorrow you will see the real adeline =)


oops. =X
U gt thru all rounds on the interview at STC?

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu, 20 Dec 2007

Postby aliciagloria » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 5:21 pm

How's the training gals?? its been 1 week! Fun? Share some experience since I'm unable to join u all...enjoy!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests