Singapore Expats Forum

JAL - JAPAN Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
valeberry
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue, 26 Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby valeberry » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 2:04 pm

Hi, anyone went for the briefing abt JAL?
In the briefing, did they mention abt how much you can take back?
How often is their flights?

I read thru threads, its pretty little. :(

Does the medical check up checks on finger nails??

TIA! :wink:

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu, 20 Sep 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby akiheartfelt » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 2:19 am

Wow i just got called up today for the job. almost one month from the interview already! i've started on my new job for 2 weeks now...

Anyway, i asked the lady of the expected salary, and she said 3k. :???: i told her that i heard it's less than 2k she said those are just rumors. i see no reason for her to lie to me because she won't have a problem in getting another girl, but......... 3k???

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2008

Postby dreamzz19 » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 3:52 am

akiheartfelt wrote:Wow i just got called up today for the job. almost one month from the interview already! i've started on my new job for 2 weeks now...

Anyway, i asked the lady of the expected salary, and she said 3k. :???: i told her that i heard it's less than 2k she said those are just rumors. i see no reason for her to lie to me because she won't have a problem in getting another girl, but......... 3k???



r u gg for it? did they ask u go for medical??

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 7:22 am

wow...I didn't know so many gals at the briefing actually choose to opt out :???:
(=^_^=)

star230686
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon, 26 May 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby star230686 » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 6:36 pm

omgosh! i received a call & was informed 2 go down 4 my med checkup. =\

not too sure if i'll get in thou..
& having mixed feeling right now..

any1 signed the bond already? :)
~!* heaRrt LOMO-ing & SCRAPP-ing & SPREE-ing *!~

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2008

Postby dreamzz19 » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 7:03 pm

seems like there are at least 4-5 people being called up.. jus based on forums... reali alot opted out..

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 8:41 pm

at least 1/4 of the gals at the briefing opted out I guess...Maybe after seeing the basic...and also the hourly rate tt we are paid...
people started to have mixed feeling :?
(=^_^=)

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 8:43 pm

star230686 wrote:omgosh! i received a call & was informed 2 go down 4 my med checkup. =\

not too sure if i'll get in thou..
& having mixed feeling right now..

any1 signed the bond already? :)


I have signed the bond at the briefing, they mentioned tat as long as u have not started training...U need not pay the $$ for breaking the bond
(=^_^=)

star230686
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon, 26 May 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby star230686 » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 9:57 pm

snowss wrote:at least 1/4 of the gals at the briefing opted out I guess...Maybe after seeing the basic...and also the hourly rate tt we are paid...
people started to have mixed feeling :?


whats the basic & hourly rate?
really v low? =|
~!* heaRrt LOMO-ing & SCRAPP-ing & SPREE-ing *!~

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:04 pm

star230686 wrote:
snowss wrote:at least 1/4 of the gals at the briefing opted out I guess...Maybe after seeing the basic...and also the hourly rate tt we are paid...
people started to have mixed feeling :?


whats the basic & hourly rate?
really v low? =|


Basic is $Y * 177.77...
For flying hrs 1 to 50hrs is $Y/hr
Abv 50hrs is $Y + 1/hr
Last edited by snowss on Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
(=^_^=)

star230686
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon, 26 May 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby star230686 » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:07 pm

=p
Last edited by star230686 on Sat, 21 Jun 2008 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
~!* heaRrt LOMO-ing & SCRAPP-ing & SPREE-ing *!~

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:11 pm

star230686 wrote:
snowss wrote:
star230686 wrote:
snowss wrote:at least 1/4 of the gals at the briefing opted out I guess...Maybe after seeing the basic...and also the hourly rate tt we are paid...
people started to have mixed feeling :?


whats the basic & hourly rate?
really v low? =|


Basic is $800...
For flying hrs 1 to 50hrs is $4.50/hr
Abv 50hrs is $5.50/hr


omg! did they mention whether roughly each mth u'll work how many hrs?
$4.50/$5.5 per hr sounds quite low honestly.. :(


I think i read somewhere in the contract the max hrs is 85hrs(correct me if i am wrong)

A forumer's friend who is in JAL mentioned tat they are getting $2K(before CPF)...
Furthermore, those long haul flights like to US...will be changed to 1nite stay instead of 2 nites stay...due to the rising fuel prices...co. is cutting costs..
(=^_^=)

star230686
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon, 26 May 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby star230686 » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:12 pm

snowss wrote:
I think i read somewhere in the contract the max hrs is 85hrs(correct me if i am wrong)

A forumer's friend who is in JAL mentioned tat they are getting $2K(before CPF)...
Furthermore, those long haul flights like to US...will be changed to 1nite stay instead of 2 nites stay...due to the rising fuel prices...co. is cutting costs..


hmmm~ at least 2k sounds better than 1.6k.. :s
what about allowances? are we given allowance as well?
~!* heaRrt LOMO-ing & SCRAPP-ing & SPREE-ing *!~

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:21 pm

star230686 wrote:
snowss wrote:
I think i read somewhere in the contract the max hrs is 85hrs(correct me if i am wrong)

A forumer's friend who is in JAL mentioned tat they are getting $2K(before CPF)...
Furthermore, those long haul flights like to US...will be changed to 1nite stay instead of 2 nites stay...due to the rising fuel prices...co. is cutting costs..


hmmm~ at least 2k sounds better than 1.6k.. :s
what about allowances? are we given allowance as well?


Definitely got allowance...like uniform, transport, winter clothing allowance and etc...most airlines co. gives their crews allowances on top of the basic and no. of flying hrs...

and also the per diem :)
(=^_^=)

udunowhoim
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 03 Feb 2007

Postby udunowhoim » Sat, 21 Jun 2008 4:07 am

akiheartfelt wrote:Wow i just got called up today for the job. almost one month from the interview already! i've started on my new job for 2 weeks now...

Anyway, i asked the lady of the expected salary, and she said 3k. :???: i told her that i heard it's less than 2k she said those are just rumors. i see no reason for her to lie to me because she won't have a problem in getting another girl, but......... 3k???


Ask her to wake up. :cool:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest