Singapore Expats

JAL - JAPAN Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
adluvalex
Regular
Regular

Post by adluvalex » Sat, 31 May 2008 6:46 pm

snowss wrote:
adluvalex wrote:having ur period shld be ok for medical check up rite? Juz abit ma fan...

Btw, congrats to you :D

grats to u too.. add me in msn.. haha.. see your msg girl..

valeberry
Regular
Regular

Post by valeberry » Sat, 31 May 2008 6:51 pm

anyone no 101 and abv received calls?

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Sat, 31 May 2008 10:15 pm

I didn't get the call! arghh so irritating hahaha...

Anyway, having been through both jal and sia interviews, i can say that they are really quite different! Just to share my experiences:

For JAL, after taken height and weight, you will be asked to read a simple chinese passage, then you'll proceed to the interview room in groups of 6 where a panel will ask you to do a self-intro and answer some simple questions. If you get through, they will email you that evening itself for a final interview.

The final interview would be conducted in groups of 3/4 where they will ask you questions to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into
:lol: I think you gotta take this chance to convince them you know it well and you are sure you can do a good job. I think my answers were too vague and superficial lol.... Anyway, skin check after that would be conducted, which requires you to change into shorts and spag top. As long as you don't have obvious scars or tattoos that can be seen over the uniform i think it should be fine. Don't worry there are no spotlights :)

I won't elaborate on SIA since this is a JAL thread and you can probably find a lot of information on the SIA thread. But generally, i felt the JAL interviewers and process were more professional. They were more friendly and relaxed, as opposed to some of the SIA ones who were stern and confrontational, making the atmosphere very tensed at times haha... the JAL staff were mostly very kind and tried to make us feel at ease during the process :)

The selection process is also not as random as some would felt in SIA haha where first impression matters a lot. Every single candidate is given more opportunity and time to let the panel get to know them better. Results are also considered and reviewed before the reveal.

Pay wise, from what i heard, SIA pays much better as they visit more places (isn't that why we all want this job? :p). Also, based on what i know, JAL is currently still losing money (as it had been for years), trying to sell off its assets for more money if i'm not wrong (pls correct me if i am). So.... don't look forward to a big bonus... whereas SIA has 6months!!! *Drools.... can buy 2 LV bags haha! But not many airlines are making big money like SIA ya...

Under comparison, i heard that you work less in JAL though. If you are a japan-lover, it's exciting cos you get to train there for 6weeks! :cool: But personally nothing beats working for your national carrier, i'm not sure if i'll try for interviews again but psssst the next SIA one is in 3weeks haha...

Sorry for the extremely long post! Hope it's useful to some of you :)

adluvalex
Regular
Regular

Post by adluvalex » Sat, 31 May 2008 11:14 pm

any girls get in as well??? haha.. we can xchange msn though... :D

jalcctb

Post by jalcctb » Sat, 31 May 2008 11:28 pm

pnxjamie wrote:Its Not less than 2k! its 2k plus after CPF usually. If you fly to the states, it will be about a week for the whole flight pattern.

Can anyone tell me how is CPF calculated? Do they deduct after adding in all allowances? CPF is very important to us in Singapore...

jalcctb

Post by jalcctb » Sat, 31 May 2008 11:30 pm

adluvalex wrote:any girls get in as well??? haha.. we can xchange msn though... :D
Hi congrats!!! I'm one of the 20 ladies for this intake.. my msn [email protected]. Care to add me in?

catherine89

Post by catherine89 » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 4:06 am

usually the intake for jal is it around may? are they taking one intake for a year or two? :D

Ferrin

Post by Ferrin » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 6:03 pm

Does anyone know is there any staff discount or free air tix for the singapore crew??
i only know SIA does....
sorry if i'm sounding too cheapskate.... :oops:

adluvalex
Regular
Regular

Post by adluvalex » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:29 pm

catherine89 wrote:usually the intake for jal is it around may? are they taking one intake for a year or two? :D
i think the intake will be once in half a yr ba.. cos i rmb the previous intake is december.. hahaha..

chacha_pig

Post by chacha_pig » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 10:46 am

Hi,

Coz my brother gf is in JAL and she been flying for one year already... she dun really encourage to go JAL coz now they haf lesser and lesser flight... she was onli pay 1.6k last month...

there is no free ticket onli discount ticket... which is also cheap...

Yes JAL is currently losing money which is why they been cutting cost on alot of thing...

she sae there is no much flight but they keep recuiting ppl... so she get very few flight... mayb once a month... she fly the states route... as they are japan company they will still benefit the japanese more...

so she sae if u dun mind the japanese bully you and get less pay but rest more... and u love japan can join JAL

mikoliicia
Regular
Regular

Post by mikoliicia » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 12:42 pm

chacha_pig wrote:Hi,

Coz my brother gf is in JAL and she been flying for one year already... she dun really encourage to go JAL coz now they haf lesser and lesser flight... she was onli pay 1.6k last month...

there is no free ticket onli discount ticket... which is also cheap...

Yes JAL is currently losing money which is why they been cutting cost on alot of thing...

she sae there is no much flight but they keep recuiting ppl... so she get very few flight... mayb once a month... she fly the states route... as they are japan company they will still benefit the japanese more...

so she sae if u dun mind the japanese bully you and get less pay but rest more... and u love japan can join JAL

omg 1.6k !! thats worst that MI, or any better jobs outside , gosh !! i don see JAL girl in the airport often
❤ :: misses ::

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular

Post by dreamzz19 » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 6:14 pm

sorry if i ask a stupid qn. M1 is??

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 6:18 pm

dreamzz19 wrote:sorry if i ask a stupid qn. M1 is??

it's MI, and its silkair.

mikoliicia
Regular
Regular

Post by mikoliicia » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 9:15 pm

yeah its silkair hahas . i have no idea why they call it MI too hahas , seems more like SK to me or SL :)
❤ :: misses ::

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular

Post by dreamzz19 » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 10:30 pm

mikoliicia wrote:

yeah its silkair hahas . i have no idea why they call it MI too hahas , seems more like SK to me or SL :)
sorry for the error.. m1 instead of mi earlier on..

yea.. mi seems like msia international or smth.. hehe