Singapore Expats Forum

JAL - JAPAN Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
michelle_lin
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 15 May 2008
Location: singapore

Postby michelle_lin » Wed, 21 May 2008 10:17 pm

ireneapplebe wrote:everybody seems like getting e-mail from them..
But....why i dont have.... :oops: sigh*sigh!
:(


i also nv rec.. haiz.... :(
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
never take someone for granted cos you'll wake up one day & realise you've lost a diamond while collecting stones

ireneapplebe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 21 May 2008

Postby ireneapplebe » Wed, 21 May 2008 10:22 pm

michelle_lin wrote:
ireneapplebe wrote:everybody seems like getting e-mail from them..
But....why i dont have.... :oops: sigh*sigh!
:(


i also nv rec.. haiz.... :(


haha...same as me...very sad ya.
BTW are u going for the SIA interview?

michelle_lin
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 15 May 2008
Location: singapore

Postby michelle_lin » Wed, 21 May 2008 10:24 pm

ireneapplebe wrote:
michelle_lin wrote:
ireneapplebe wrote:everybody seems like getting e-mail from them..
But....why i dont have.... :oops: sigh*sigh!
:(


i also nv rec.. haiz.... :(


haha...same as me...very sad ya.
BTW are u going for the SIA interview?


nope nope.. sia need 5 o's and i dun hav..
so i dun think im going..
wish you luck for SIA ya..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

never take someone for granted cos you'll wake up one day & realise you've lost a diamond while collecting stones

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Wed, 21 May 2008 10:54 pm

oh yes...i have gotten the email..Mine is at 1145am, my applicant no is 46 :)
(=^_^=)

ireneapplebe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 21 May 2008

Postby ireneapplebe » Wed, 21 May 2008 11:07 pm

snowss wrote:oh yes...i have gotten the email..Mine is at 1145am, my applicant no is 46 :)


oh..congrats =) :D

PrecJoy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 21 May 2008

Postby PrecJoy » Wed, 21 May 2008 11:08 pm

I just received the email from them. My time slot is 3.15pm. Applicant no. 114. anyone same slot as me?

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Wed, 21 May 2008 11:10 pm

How I wish I have gotten the time slot in the afternoon :-| pple who have gotten the PM slot...So lucky ya :D

I can decide if I want go for JAL after SIA :???:
(=^_^=)

PrecJoy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 21 May 2008

Postby PrecJoy » Wed, 21 May 2008 11:31 pm

Anyone knows if we need to bring a copy of our certificates on the interview day? Btw, is it appropriate to wear black stockings for the interview? I need some advice. I have permed hair. should i tie up my hair in a bun or just let it down? If i tie up, some hairs and my fringe may actually fall out cos its abit short and layered.

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2008

Postby dreamzz19 » Wed, 21 May 2008 11:34 pm

snowss.. u can go sia aft jal?? i may do tt...

PrecJoy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 21 May 2008

Postby PrecJoy » Wed, 21 May 2008 11:34 pm

Anyone knows if we need to bring a copy of our certificates on the interview day? Btw, is it appropriate to wear black stockings for the interview? I need some advice. I have permed hair. should i tie up my hair in a bun or just let it down? If i tie up, some hairs and my fringe may actually fall out cos its abit short and layered.

Carebear84
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon, 25 Feb 2008

Postby Carebear84 » Thu, 22 May 2008 12:13 am

Pleasant surprise... I received their email... but sad thing is my interview is at 10.30am... applicant no. is 14. anyone the same??

I hope I dun get lost finding the place....
Im quite directional idiot... :roll:

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Thu, 22 May 2008 12:17 am

dreamzz19 wrote:snowss.. u can go sia aft jal?? i may do tt...


I am going for SIA in the morning, hope to be in 1st 3gps..coze if I fail then I have JAL..
IF by 11am, I have passed my round 2 going to round 3 or wat, then I'll forgo the JAL one :wink:
Probably not going SIA in the PM, I heard have to wait 4hrs just to go into waiting room :???: Later I faint frm waiting..Haha :P
(=^_^=)

pinkymonkey
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 08 Apr 2008

Postby pinkymonkey » Thu, 22 May 2008 12:55 am

Actually JAL is not a bad company. But if you girls wanna see more of the world, get better pay, have promtion, is better to chose SIA.
JAL only flys few countries and so the pay wont be as much as you all expected =)

pinkymonkey
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 08 Apr 2008

Postby pinkymonkey » Thu, 22 May 2008 1:00 am

hi procastinator, sorry for the late reply as i didnt come to the forum.. hmmm, after the first round, i did got in for the second round.. but i chose not to go as they have layover and my bf is currently in NS, thus i dont wanna neglect him.. :oops: hmmm, ppl will ask me then why in the first place i submit my application for? actually i jus wanna try my luck, cos i thought i wont be selected due to my qualifications.. until the day i was told to go for the second round interview, that's when i really think n think... hehe.. :wink:

im currently working and happen to have a colleague who used to fly JAL for the past 6-7 yrs.. the other day i was having lunch with her, and i actually get to know more about the airline... i was told that actually its as "zappy" as the other airlines... each flight, there will only be about 4-5 singapore crews while the remaining 15-16 are japanese crew.. and they will tend to push all the blames to SIN crews.. she gave me an example, there was once a japanese supervisor onboard, and got a feedback from pax that the beef they served was cold, immediately he went to her(my colleague, who was the leading of the SIN crews), and pin-pointed that its her team who served that pax... she went to check it out and make things clear, in the end, it was actually the japanese crew, and the supervisor didnt even bother to continue with it, and let the matter rest.. she told me that this is how realistic they are.. however, she concluded that flying JAL is definately a GOOD experience as the japanese culture is jus so different and its so unique.. she didnt regret flying with them.. :D


I feel that all kind of jobs and airline, there are bound to have some "mean" people, but I feel if you know your work properly, be humble and polite, I dun think the "zappy" people will be out to find trouble. Different people have different kind of working styles, there are bounds to be unhappiness between people, so my advice is just listen, do your job and dun gossips is the best.
Not all the japanese are as bad as what had mentioned, there are also nice ones =)

mehmeh
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri, 18 Apr 2008

Postby mehmeh » Thu, 22 May 2008 10:32 am

pinkymonkey wrote:
hi procastinator, sorry for the late reply as i didnt come to the forum.. hmmm, after the first round, i did got in for the second round.. but i chose not to go as they have layover and my bf is currently in NS, thus i dont wanna neglect him.. :oops: hmmm, ppl will ask me then why in the first place i submit my application for? actually i jus wanna try my luck, cos i thought i wont be selected due to my qualifications.. until the day i was told to go for the second round interview, that's when i really think n think... hehe.. :wink:

im currently working and happen to have a colleague who used to fly JAL for the past 6-7 yrs.. the other day i was having lunch with her, and i actually get to know more about the airline... i was told that actually its as "zappy" as the other airlines... each flight, there will only be about 4-5 singapore crews while the remaining 15-16 are japanese crew.. and they will tend to push all the blames to SIN crews.. she gave me an example, there was once a japanese supervisor onboard, and got a feedback from pax that the beef they served was cold, immediately he went to her(my colleague, who was the leading of the SIN crews), and pin-pointed that its her team who served that pax... she went to check it out and make things clear, in the end, it was actually the japanese crew, and the supervisor didnt even bother to continue with it, and let the matter rest.. she told me that this is how realistic they are.. however, she concluded that flying JAL is definately a GOOD experience as the japanese culture is jus so different and its so unique.. she didnt regret flying with them.. :D


I feel that all kind of jobs and airline, there are bound to have some "mean" people, but I feel if you know your work properly, be humble and polite, I dun think the "zappy" people will be out to find trouble. Different people have different kind of working styles, there are bounds to be unhappiness between people, so my advice is just listen, do your job and dun gossips is the best.
Not all the japanese are as bad as what had mentioned, there are also nice ones =)


Yep, i agree with you.. But like i've mention, the above is jus an example of what i've heard about, and to share, cos i believe forum are to share all these goods and bads, not just putting the nice one up.. For myself, in the past, i dont have any problems working with my crews onboard.. Cos i'm aware that airline industry is always so bitchy.. Like wad you've mention, know your work, be humble and polite is the most important.. People gossip with you, just listen but don't add salt and vinegar, or else you'll be drag into unnecessary troubles too.. Like i've told a few ladies here, the well-known 3 golden words are, "Sorry", "Thank You" and "Please".. Stay humble, smile and try not to talk back.. Of cos not to the extend of the crews scolding you for no reason or what la.. Hahaha.. Actually i believe first impression is very important, like stepping into the briefing room during your SNY or first few solo, you got to go around doing self-intro to the seniors.. I can say that all this is a must.. It will definately help.. :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests