Singapore Expats Forum

JAL - JAPAN Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mehmeh
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri, 18 Apr 2008

Postby mehmeh » Thu, 01 May 2008 7:18 pm

balukugirl wrote:
mehmeh wrote:
snow.me wrote:Hi a Newbie here.

Do JAL accept applicants that is married & with kids? -anticipating.


i guess they will give you the chance to go for the interview if they think you are eligible for the position, however, comparing to the younger and singles, i think your chances will be a little slimmer, but who knows, u may impress them!! :D


ya true. im also married wib kid =) somemore my baby just 2 month. haha


hahaha.. yea yea i knw i knw.. :P MUMMY!!! wahahaha... :lol:

so dont give up ya? jus try if u got the interest.. all e best!!! =)

User avatar
balukugirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri, 11 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby balukugirl » Fri, 02 May 2008 12:31 pm

mehmeh wrote:
balukugirl wrote:
mehmeh wrote:
snow.me wrote:Hi a Newbie here.

Do JAL accept applicants that is married & with kids? -anticipating.


i guess they will give you the chance to go for the interview if they think you are eligible for the position, however, comparing to the younger and singles, i think your chances will be a little slimmer, but who knows, u may impress them!! :D


ya true. im also married wib kid =) somemore my baby just 2 month. haha


hahaha.. yea yea i knw i knw.. :P MUMMY!!! wahahaha... :lol:

so dont give up ya? jus try if u got the interest.. all e best!!! =)



wah liao. i have no choice but to give up =(

I called JAL office this morning i told dem about my qualification they say minimium is O level. even we have a diploma they still want O level credits =(
' -Sweet Sweet Love `

mehmeh
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri, 18 Apr 2008

Postby mehmeh » Fri, 02 May 2008 4:21 pm

hmmm.. seriously i think u shd jus send in ur application and give it a try.. no harm ma, rgt? cos i didn't have a diploma, and i only got 1 O level credit, and its private one too.. unless they gave me the chance cos i got exp previously.. i did check with my colleague who used to fly JAL, she also feel that u shd try, cos she told me they mind alot abt looks.. :?

User avatar
balukugirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri, 11 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby balukugirl » Fri, 02 May 2008 5:02 pm

oh that's even worst i dun have a good look. :?

I actually make an appointment to go for the 4R photo shot, but i cancealled it already :-| but if i send my application on 10th May, do u think it's too late? or i shld go for registered mail which is faster? :???:
' -Sweet Sweet Love `

mehmeh
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri, 18 Apr 2008

Postby mehmeh » Fri, 02 May 2008 5:24 pm

Have confidence with yourself la.. alamak.. u are not bad ok.. haha..

hmm, their closing date is on the 16th, u will be sending on 10th May? not an issue la, cos i think normal post will only take 2 working days.. so its still early.. i guess it will reach them on either the 12th or 13th May.. no worries k.. smilez... :D

User avatar
balukugirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri, 11 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby balukugirl » Fri, 02 May 2008 7:33 pm

mehmeh wrote:Have confidence with yourself la.. alamak.. u are not bad ok.. haha..

hmm, their closing date is on the 16th, u will be sending on 10th May? not an issue la, cos i think normal post will only take 2 working days.. so its still early.. i guess it will reach them on either the 12th or 13th May.. no worries k.. smilez... :D



haha. hopefully :) but i have no confidence from the start. think maybe i shld retake my o level again :(
' -Sweet Sweet Love `

renn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed, 19 Mar 2008

Postby renn » Fri, 02 May 2008 10:24 pm

juz send in and see how. my case same as yours. juz try lah... i also haven send in, still thinking how to write the answer.

procastinator
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 02 May 2008

Postby procastinator » Sat, 03 May 2008 11:41 am

the other day when i called in the lady who picked up the calls says its alright, with pte diploma without O. she still encourages me to try.

the funny thing is i called in the night like 9pm+ and i was shocked that someone picked up the call. coz i was actually just trying to store the number in my mobile to call the next day.

so i would say ... just send in first.

i am planning to under declare my weight and start dieting now. haha

jerlyn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby jerlyn » Sat, 03 May 2008 3:50 pm

procastinator wrote:the other day when i called in the lady who picked up the calls says its alright, with pte diploma without O. she still encourages me to try.

the funny thing is i called in the night like 9pm+ and i was shocked that someone picked up the call. coz i was actually just trying to store the number in my mobile to call the next day.

so i would say ... just send in first.

i am planning to under declare my weight and start dieting now. haha



hihi,

good that u are motivated to try.. airline jobs have no fixed working hours, office have to be opened late because flights are taking off even late at night and crew are reporting even after office hours... :( something that u must be prepared of, there is no routinue hours in an airline industry.. :)
be optimistic but realistic...JAL

renn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed, 19 Mar 2008

Postby renn » Mon, 05 May 2008 10:21 pm

balukugirl
have u send in your application form?

User avatar
balukugirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri, 11 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby balukugirl » Tue, 06 May 2008 8:37 am

renn wrote:balukugirl
have u send in your application form?


Nope. I have yet to take the 4R full length photograph. Haha! :D
' -Sweet Sweet Love `

mehmeh
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri, 18 Apr 2008

Postby mehmeh » Tue, 06 May 2008 10:10 am

hmm... i rmb sending in a "not that formal" one.. hee.. i took at home some more.. but full length la.. :oops:

renn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed, 19 Mar 2008

Postby renn » Tue, 06 May 2008 8:11 pm

very normal pic.
Last edited by renn on Mon, 04 Aug 2008 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
viper
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat, 31 Mar 2007

Postby viper » Wed, 07 May 2008 11:24 am

Just go for it, no harm trying. Yes you need to send in a full-length photograph of yourself.

pinkymonkey
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 08 Apr 2008

Postby pinkymonkey » Wed, 07 May 2008 4:56 pm

Hello ladies, i think qualification shld be no problem... just send in and try your luck..as for looks..is even no problem! Most important is how u present urself in the interview and the 1st step u want to get short-listed is to get a nice picture of yourself...
1st impression count rite? No need to have those professional pic-taking..a good wide sincere smile is wat matters. Good luck!
2 cents thots.. =)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests