Singapore Expats

JAL - JAPAN Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
flybyandby

Post by flybyandby » Wed, 15 Jan 2014 1:42 am

@pianoplayer - Thanks for replying.

Any one out there who is thinking of applying?

mistyng85

Post by mistyng85 » Wed, 15 Jan 2014 10:02 am

flybyandby wrote:@pianoplayer - Thanks for replying.

Any one out there who is thinking of applying?
Yea i have alrdy applied and submit my hard copy of documents since i do not hv a scanner at home. Anyone else alrdy applied?

flybyandby

Post by flybyandby » Fri, 17 Jan 2014 8:55 am

Hi mistyng85 - I'm jus not able to sit still & finish the form once and for all lol.

The references part ask for address but not email and telephone number, strange right.

Anyone knows if candidates must know how to swim?

Storm2014

Post by Storm2014 » Tue, 21 Jan 2014 9:28 am

Hi, has anyone receive reply for those who have applied? Will you get an early interview time if you apply early?

ultimatevanilla

Post by ultimatevanilla » Tue, 21 Jan 2014 10:35 am

Hi there,

for the online application, anyone can share after filling up the reference part, is there still alot to be filled up?

I have research abit and found out that there is a 2yr bond and ctries that JAL fly for Sg based crews are: Helsinki, Paris, KL, Japan, New York.

If base on the above ctries, the pay should be ok right? haha anyone with more info can share? TIA andgood luck girls :D

Storm2014

Post by Storm2014 » Tue, 21 Jan 2014 1:58 pm

ultimatevanilla wrote:Hi there,

for the online application, anyone can share after filling up the reference part, is there still alot to be filled up?

I have research abit and found out that there is a 2yr bond and ctries that JAL fly for Sg based crews are: Helsinki, Paris, KL, Japan, New York.

If base on the above ctries, the pay should be ok right? haha anyone with more info can share? TIA andgood luck girls :D
The application form is just like your CV. You have to fill in your employment history, education qualifications, etc and include the scans of your certificates. Are you sending in your application soon? :)

Do you know if the pay will be more than $2k? There will be layovers right? I also wonder if the routes that Singapore-based crews cover will be like something like SG-Japan-NY and turn around? The destinations you mentioned are alright but will there be more?

mistyng85

Post by mistyng85 » Tue, 21 Jan 2014 3:45 pm

Storm2014 wrote:Hi, has anyone receive reply for those who have applied? Will you get an early interview time if you apply early?
Hi Storm2014,i've apply but hv yet to rec any reply. let's update one another upon receiving k:) any other airlines that u hv tried?

Storm2014

Post by Storm2014 » Tue, 21 Jan 2014 3:55 pm

mistyng85 wrote:
Storm2014 wrote:Hi, has anyone receive reply for those who have applied? Will you get an early interview time if you apply early?
Hi Storm2014,i've apply but hv yet to rec any reply. let's update one another upon receiving k:) any other airlines that u hv tried?
Sure. :) SQ. No surprise there. How about you?

flybyandby

Post by flybyandby » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 3:29 am

Sorry for being a noob, but when you guys mentioned salary - are you talking about everything in (with allowance), or is that just the basic salary you're referring to?

As for the bond, I've been told it's slightly below 2 years, 20 months I think.

I will be seeing my cousin's girlfriend who flies with JAL and I hope to be able to ask her some questions. (Might not ask her about the $, kinda sensitive.........maybe....shrugs.. will see how)

Storm2014

Post by Storm2014 » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 9:11 am

flybyandby wrote:Sorry for being a noob, but when you guys mentioned salary - are you talking about everything in (with allowance), or is that just the basic salary you're referring to?

As for the bond, I've been told it's slightly below 2 years, 20 months I think.

I will be seeing my cousin's girlfriend who flies with JAL and I hope to be able to ask her some questions. (Might not ask her about the $, kinda sensitive.........maybe....shrugs.. will see how)
Hi! I like to know BOTH the basic pay and the approximate total amount which includes allowances. If she doesn't mind answering, please share it with us. Yes, I read on the previous pages of this forum that the bond is around 20 months which consist of around 2 and a half months of training.

If you can find out more from your cousin's girlfriend (be it rest days, benefits, any other destinations, etc), please do share them with the rest here. Thank you so much! :)

ultimatevanilla

Post by ultimatevanilla » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:23 am

Thanks! :)

I have not submitted but will be submitting , cannot find a decent (enough) ID photo >.<

Yes there are layovers but confirm pay wont be as much as SQ. I heard max is arnd $3k with allowance all in. Im nto very sure.
Storm2014 wrote:
ultimatevanilla wrote:Hi there,

The application form is just like your CV. You have to fill in your employment history, education qualifications, etc and include the scans of your certificates. Are you sending in your application soon? :)

Do you know if the pay will be more than $2k? There will be layovers right? I also wonder if the routes that Singapore-based crews cover will be like something like SG-Japan-NY and turn around? The destinations you mentioned are alright but will there be more?

mistyng85

Post by mistyng85 » Sat, 25 Jan 2014 12:34 pm

Storm2014 wrote:
mistyng85 wrote:
Sure. :) SQ. No surprise there. How about you?
hw's SQ interview? i am currently with another airline)

Storm2014

Post by Storm2014 » Sat, 25 Jan 2014 1:10 pm

ultimatevanilla wrote:Thanks! :)

I have not submitted but will be submitting , cannot find a decent (enough) ID photo >.<

Yes there are layovers but confirm pay wont be as much as SQ. I heard max is arnd $3k with allowance all in. Im nto very sure.
Just use your passport photo. :) Thanks for answering my questions too! I also wonder about the number of short-haul and long-haul flights that SG based crews cover monthly.
mistyng85 wrote:hw's SQ interview? i am currently with another airline)
Well, this is the JAL thread so I prefer not to share my experience here but I was booted at the management round. For SQ, I think it depends on luck. May I know which airline are you currently with? :)

Please update here if anyone has gotten the email. Hopefully, all of us get shortlisted. :D

ultimatevanilla

Post by ultimatevanilla » Tue, 11 Feb 2014 11:16 am

Hey girls,

I have received JAL invitation email!

Anyone received too? But i cant make it during the time allocated for me. I hope i am able to change it.

skyblink

Post by skyblink » Tue, 11 Feb 2014 2:04 pm

Hey @ultimatevanilla! I've received the invitation too! What time is your interview?