Singapore Expats

Injecting vitamin C

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
tiga

Injecting vitamin C

Post by tiga » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 6:22 pm

Hi.. I just heard from someone that injecting vitamin C really could work for our skin complexion, booze up immune system and etc... Did any one of you ever come across or did it? :)

Well do let me know, is it really worth a try? :)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Injecting vitamin C

Post by ksl » Sun, 26 Nov 2006 2:17 pm

tiga wrote:Hi.. I just heard from someone that injecting vitamin C really could work for our skin complexion, booze up immune system and etc... Did any one of you ever come across or did it? :)

Don't be silly! Vitamin C should be taken daily through the digestive system, we have no body organs, that store, the vitamin. so what isn't needed is wasted, but a daily amount is required for good health

Injecting, no idea, but I doubt it very much, unless there is documented research to prove the facts, I would keep well away from injections.

Read all about it at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_C

Although Poly Filler does fill in cracks and holes in the surface of most materials!

denise838405

Post by denise838405 » Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:58 am

tiga wrote:Hi.. I just heard from someone that injecting vitamin C really could work for our skin complexion, booze up immune system and etc... Did any one of you ever come across or did it? :)

hmm... sound abit weird to me .. injecting vitamin c? i think u just wanna improve ur immune system / for skin complexion .. it best tat u have a balance diet, good rest and exercise .. dun think there is a need to go for injection. Tat is too intensive .. aniwae dun noe if there is any side effect. :-|

tiga

Post by tiga » Thu, 07 Dec 2006 6:17 pm

Thanks for the reply. :wink: I am gonna be wiser now. hehehehe Thanks alot

tiga

Post by tiga » Thu, 07 Dec 2006 6:19 pm

Thank you very much for your advise. :D I will check more in detail from the site you gave me. :wink:

sweets

Post by sweets » Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:53 pm

Tiga,
if you know how to read chinese. This is a website I found that says how the injection can help to give better complexion. Im also looking for such treatment in spore but cant seem to find it :-| . Only available in taiwan.
http://www.wclinic.com.tw/2_service/ser ... d=10&fid=3

gamesman

Post by gamesman » Thu, 07 Dec 2006 11:53 pm

the website is boosting the use of "anti-oxidant whitening injection" (literally translated from its name). it claims after 12 injections, you will observe a significant whitening of your skin. anyway, as usual, u will not find any claim of such clinical research publication too.

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Post by seasider » Fri, 08 Dec 2006 8:24 am

I had a vitamin injected in my bum when I had dengue, but only because I was very poorly and my immune system needed a quick boost.

Please don't believe any of this "anti-oxidant whitening injection" rubbish. I'm a strong believer in Vitamin C - I take at least 1000mg a day along with other supplements as I have an auto-immune disorder.

Read up on the benefits, but not on some website selling miracle cures. Take it orally. You may well see an improvement in your skin but I sincerely doubt it's going to turn anybody white.

edited for typo

Shiyun
Regular
Regular

Is being fairer really nicer?

Post by Shiyun » Mon, 11 Dec 2006 7:42 pm

:D I wonder if there is any adverse side effects to the skin being injected with such substance. Because if it's really medically safe, it will have been popular in the whole cosmetic surgery markets.

How come only taiwan has it? What exactly is the product called? The scientific name for it. :-| Our body is governed by medical logics, unless there is really no harm proven in the long run , then i 'd consider it safe.

If it can't be proven and there is much uncertainty, I rather be black than pursue a fairer complexion. :roll: Is being fair really lovely? My verdict is no.

It all depends on your features and face shape. Some people look nicer with darker complexion. Unless you have big and expressive eyes like the italian or spanish, (the typical snow-white features as portray by story book where she had big bright eyes) don't try to bleach yourself whiter. Keep to the yellowish skin tone that most asians have.

Sometimes injections can be very risky. You may end up like M.J. I know most gals 'd like to look fair n lovely as seen o nthe magazines cover of most skin care products, bu look at their eyes....they had big expressive eyes to go with it, a good e.g will be Michelle Reyes, and those Korean descendants. Somehow, korean eyes are still the most attractive/appealing to me among the asian denomination, be it males or females.

Most Singaporeans look like a Singaporean, having the average looks but we must thank God we have a high calibre of intellect and academic performances. Singaporeans just have this uncanny smart look spell on their appearances more than looking romantic. The Koreans look more towards the romantic range, can be dreamy, or melancholic, or dark n mysterious...also most Koreans have a very good/kind heart... They are more sensitive people...Ain't God fair? 8-)
I love Korea - it's a very beautiful country

jlimzl84

immune system

Post by jlimzl84 » Sun, 17 Dec 2006 11:50 pm

hi all! seems to mi all of u are quite health concious! glad to noe that! to check ur immune system, u can try the biophotonic scanner. i saw it at Singapore Healthy Eating Education Campaign!http://www.onesourcenetwork.net/mds/
there's 3 pillar of health in a person's life and that's "Supplement, Diet, Exercise"! :D hope this helps!
hieee, Jacob here! i'm a certified personal trainer from Singapore Sports Council. had over a year's experience! weight loss & muscle gain is my forte! :)

jenni

Post by jenni » Mon, 18 Dec 2006 6:52 am

I heard about the whitening injection on a taiwan tv show before. Apparently it's very popular over there. But whether it's effective i'm not sure.

nicoNigel

Post by nicoNigel » Mon, 08 Jan 2007 3:08 pm

apparently this is available in Singapore ... in another tread, I wrote that I over-heard the conversation between the doctor and the lady on the Vitamin injection, the lady was very happy and told the doctor that she would be recommending the procedure to more friends...
anyway, I only pop in vitamin C when I am really down with a bad flu .. :D

missyqiqi
Regular
Regular

Post by missyqiqi » Tue, 31 Jul 2018 1:00 pm

uhm i am an ex nurse, and i disagree with this.

just take vitamin c naturally. eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
the oral way is the best way!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 31 Jul 2018 2:48 pm

There are better things to booze up with. A bottle of Single Malt Scotch comes to mind.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

missyqiqi
Regular
Regular

Post by missyqiqi » Wed, 01 Aug 2018 1:22 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:There are better things to booze up with. A bottle of Single Malt Scotch comes to mind.
heh heh i agree with anything scotch. lol.
i think best to take our minerals and vitamins from food, rather than capsules.
having said that, there are some who have suffer from deficiencies.

vegetarians need vitamin b 12. people who don't take fruits need vit c.
just google for natural supplements for vitamin c, don't take those artificially made in factories