Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone wanna play badminton near bedok

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
pxs86

Anyone wanna play badminton near bedok

Postby pxs86 » Tue, 21 Nov 2006 6:22 pm

Just wondering...anyone ?

Aviator

Postby Aviator » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:23 am

I'm keen :D

eddie_b

Postby eddie_b » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 3:54 pm

where in bedok and what is the schedule? im interested to join. i am only a beginner. would you would that be ok with you?

pxs86

Postby pxs86 » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 4:14 pm

wow really ? i am 20 male how about you guys?

pxs86

Postby pxs86 » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 4:15 pm

Dunno..maybe somewhere along the Bedok to Tanah Meah MRT line that region

eddie_b

Postby eddie_b » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 4:24 pm

pxs86 wrote:Dunno..maybe somewhere along the Bedok to Tanah Meah MRT line that region

anyone in this thread that is also a beginner?

pxs86, do you have a sched?

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

badminton

Postby kingajit » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 5:49 pm

hi everyone,
I am a beginner too! i used to arrange for booking badminton courts....usually at Bedok Sports centre., unfortunately the group who i used to play with is not there any more.
The booking will have to be done tomoro early morning, for 1 hr the fee is $7.50. Let me know if u guys r interested, what time and how many hours?

eddie_b

Re: badminton

Postby eddie_b » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 9:58 am

kingajit wrote:hi everyone,
I am a beginner too! i used to arrange for booking badminton courts....usually at Bedok Sports centre., unfortunately the group who i used to play with is not there any more.
The booking will have to be done tomoro early morning, for 1 hr the fee is $7.50. Let me know if u guys r interested, what time and how many hours?

hi kingajit,

i am interested. how many have shown interest? though i live in clementi, i dont mind the travel as long as everyone will be having fun time playing .

thanks
eddie_b

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby kingajit » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:18 am

eddie_b wrote:
kingajit wrote:hi everyone,

hi kingajit,

i am interested. how many have shown interest? though i live in clementi, i dont mind the travel as long as everyone will be having fun time playing .

thanks
eddie_b

Hi Eddie,
thanks for ur reply.....admire ur interest...so far no one has asked, but i have jus posted my post yesterday. In the past I have read a post of a big group in Clementi playing badminton...u will have to browse thru for the earlier posts.

eddie_b

Postby eddie_b » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:48 am

kingajit wrote:Hi Eddie,
thanks for ur reply.....admire ur interest...so far no one has asked, but i have jus posted my post yesterday. In the past I have read a post of a big group in Clementi playing badminton...u will have to browse thru for the earlier posts.

i think most of them are already intermediate to advance level. when i asked them if they are open or willing to inlcude a 31yr old beginner like me, they never respond or they kept me out of the loop.

im still searching for a group that is willing to inlcude me.

as ive said, i dont mind the travel. such a distance is not an issue for me.

Bernie75

Postby Bernie75 » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:13 am

I actually dont mind joining in but both of you are at opposite ends :cry:

Its been awhile since Ive played, Im over at Ang Mo Kio....so if any of you are playing somewhere central, I'll join....any groups playing in the North area?

eddie_b

Postby eddie_b » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:25 am

Bernie75 wrote:I actually dont mind joining in but both of you are at opposite ends :cry:

Its been awhile since Ive played, Im over at Ang Mo Kio....so if any of you are playing somewhere central, I'll join....any groups playing in the North area?

hi bernie,

you dont have to worry about me. just tell me when (i have to check my prior commitments first) and where (let me know the place and how to get there), and i will be there.

thanks.

Bernie75

Postby Bernie75 » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:00 pm

COOL, ok....I'll go see if I can book a court somewhere central and then we'll discuss date & time

Aviator

Postby Aviator » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:07 pm

how about singapore badminton hall? That considered central rite? Btw are u guys playing in the afternoon or evening?

Bernie75

Postby Bernie75 » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:13 pm

I was checking Singapore Badminton Hall and they are closed for public bookings. (they suggested alternatives - Bedok, Hougang & Toa Payoh Sports Halls)

I called Cairnhill Community Center (walking distance from Newton MRT), we need to book at least 2 weeks in advance.

Aviator, I can only do evenings, after office hours....anytime after 6:30pm is good for me