Singapore Expats Forum

Need to Find Subject Matter Experts

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Strong Eagle

Need to Find Subject Matter Experts

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 20 Nov 2006 8:36 am

Hello All,

As you all know I am being sued for defamation. Under Singapore law, I must prove that the words were not defamatory because in fact, the device in question does not work as it is advertised.

To this end, I need some subject matter experts with good credentials or relevant industry experience to assist in the preparation of my defense.

What I need:

Experts in automotive charging and ignition systems.
People who can run several tests, including spike voltage measurements, headlight brightness, engine vibration, etc.
People who can comment on advertising claims made such as "the willingness of the engine".

You can get more detail of the types of information I need from this website.

http://www.herbhost.com/revtec/expertneeded.htm

Please do drop me an email or PM if you know of someone who can help me out.

Many thanks.
Last edited by Strong Eagle on Mon, 20 Nov 2006 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Need to Find Subject Matter Experts

Postby ksl » Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:15 am

Strong Eagle wrote:Hello All,

As you all know I am being sued for defamation. Under Singapore law, I must prove that the words were not defamatory because in fact, the device in question does not work as it is advertised.

To this end, I need some subject matter experts with good credentials or relevant industry experience to assist in the preparation of my defense.

What I need:

Experts in automotive charging and ignition systems.
People who can run several tests, including spike voltage measurements, headlight brightness, engine vibration, etc.
People who can comment on advertising claims made such as "the willingness of the engine".

Please do drop me an email or PM if you know of someone who can help me out.

Many thanks.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:19 pm

SE from reading this what sucks worse than what's happening to you is not being an SME in that area, nor being in a position to be of any real help

but hope this goes the right way, which appears to be your way

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 21 Nov 2006 8:43 am

Yikes, SE. How inconvenient and annoying. Wish I could help but I know nothing about this technical stuff. Keep us posted though. Hope it blows over soon!

Ecka Dimmock

Postby Ecka Dimmock » Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:52 am

What I would do, I think, is to approach either an engineering firm or faculty of a university (say NTU) since it seems what you need is an expert witness.

If there is any consumer protection/advertising standards body here they may be in a position to advise you or even help provide funds, if this prevents the public being ripped off.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 4:35 am

Ecka Dimmock wrote:What I would do, I think, is to approach either an engineering firm or faculty of a university (say NTU) since it seems what you need is an expert witness.

If there is any consumer protection/advertising standards body here they may be in a position to advise you or even help provide funds, if this prevents the public being ripped off.

I wonder if CASE (Consumer Association of Singapore): www.case.org.sg
would be the body to get in touch with.

SE, all the best to you.
One man's meat is another's poison.