Singapore Expats Forum

Where can I find a nice x'mas tree?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Where can I find a nice x'mas tree?

Postby Bonbon » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 2:59 am

I've started searching for a nice , reasonable price x'mas tree....saw one in Carrfour, but wonder whether there are any other places where I could find a reasonable priced x'mas tree, with some decorations possbily... :?

SgExpat

Re: Where can I find a nice x'mas tree?

Postby SgExpat » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 11:55 am

Bonbon wrote:I've started searching for a nice , reasonable price x'mas tree....saw one in Carrfour, but wonder whether there are any other places where I could find a reasonable priced x'mas tree, with some decorations possbily... :?
Go to THE CONCOURSE, its along Beach Road, beside Golden Mile Tower.
Went there yesterday, the whole ground floor is selling so many XMAS TREES of many design, concepts. And due to the fact that there are many different retailers there, I believe the prices are competitive too. I didnt check out the prices as I already have a Xmas tree at home. Just went there to buy some other stuff.

Parking is free for 1st hour if u spend $20 and above. Just remember to bring your cashcard along with you and redeem it at the information counter (Level 1) with your receipts.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 2:12 pm

Hey SgExpat, an actual helpful post. Good on ya.

Bonbon, he is correct. We've been going to the Concourse for a number of years since they moved from the old shopping centre (not sure of the name but I believe it was Blanco Court).

If you are looking for high-end trees designer-decorated and overpriced then CK Tangs is the place to go. (Stick with the Concourse unless you are looking for a real tree (flown/shipped in) All the real trees are from tree farms specifically for that purpose so no need to feel too guilty but they are rather expensive. Plus, if you wait till a day or two before Xmas won't be much left to pick from and if you buy too early all the needles will be dropping before Xmas even gets here.

grassjelly

Postby grassjelly » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 4:14 pm

Yes, I recommend the Concourse Shopping Center, basement, where they are now having the X'mas Fair.

They do have a free shuttle bus between Concourse and City Hall MRT. The pick up point at the City Hall MRT is at the Raffles Hotel near the baker, directly opposite Esprit.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 5:31 pm

Far East Flora along Thomson Road has real ones, quite affordable too. And they deliver. Concourse is generally good in terms of price. Probably can get cheap decorations there as well.

I've given up on commercial Christmas trees. Just put up a model of a manger now, much more true to the spirit of Christmas. And we hang some decorations on our existing Chinese fir just for the festive mood.

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Bonbon » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:10 pm

cheers big ears!

i look forward to checkout concorse in 2 weeks time after my big vacation!