Singapore Expats Forum

...

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
I286
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 05 Aug 2004
Location: Singapore

...

Postby I286 » Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:51 am

...
Last edited by I286 on Fri, 23 Mar 2012 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: What do you think about Spynote?

Postby ksl » Fri, 17 Nov 2006 8:32 pm

I286 wrote:It is a recently launched Singapore-born free web based secure notepad at http://www.spynote.com. I'd be interested in any constructive feedback.

although it is advertising, I would like to say, that you need to do alot more work on the website and security, you guarantee nothing so why should we put our deepest secrets with you, they are much safer in a bank vault, or in my head.

Although I do have a better idea for your website!

I286
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 05 Aug 2004
Location: Singapore

Re: What do you think about Spynote?

Postby I286 » Fri, 17 Nov 2006 9:26 pm

ksl wrote:although it is advertising, I would like to say, that you need to do alot more work on the website and security, you guarantee nothing


Honestly, this is kind of a strange thing to hear. Have you ever seen http://www.spynote.com/about.php before jumping to conclusion about "need to more work on... security"? Or you are just being bluntly sceptic by default? I appreciate your feedback, really do, but it can hardly pass as a constructive one. Could you ellaborate on your statement, please?

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: What do you think about Spynote?

Postby ksl » Fri, 17 Nov 2006 9:52 pm

I286 wrote:
ksl wrote:although it is advertising, I would like to say, that you need to do alot more work on the website and security, you guarantee nothing


Honestly, this is kind of a strange thing to hear. Have you ever seen http://www.spynote.com/about.php before jumping to conclusion about "need to more work on... security"? Or you are just being bluntly sceptic by default? I appreciate your feedback, really do, but it can hardly pass as a constructive one. Could you ellaborate on your statement, please?


Sceptic by default probably! If for example Credit Card information gets stolen all the time, and websites even get hacked into all the time, even govenment websites, that are supposed to be secure. How can we trust what you write? Just because you write it!

You wanted my opinion, it may help by having third party security notification like verisign and even then it would be doubtful, that what ever i write maybe used against me! You must look at it from that point of view, what proof have the people that you do not see anything, there is no real proof, that it is 100% secret, no matter what you claim.

I286
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 05 Aug 2004
Location: Singapore

Re: What do you think about Spynote?

Postby I286 » Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:04 pm

ksl wrote:Sceptic by default probably! If for example Credit Card information gets stolen all the time, and websites even get hacked into all the time, even govenment websites, that are supposed to be secure. How can we trust what you write? Just because you write it!


The beauty of Spynote - it does neither store nor handle any secrets or even an identity of its users. And it is open source so anyone could check and confirm of what and how does Spynote works.

But point taken. Thank you.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: What do you think about Spynote?

Postby ksl » Sat, 18 Nov 2006 12:54 am

I286 wrote:
ksl wrote:Sceptic by default probably! If for example Credit Card information gets stolen all the time, and websites even get hacked into all the time, even govenment websites, that are supposed to be secure. How can we trust what you write? Just because you write it!


The beauty of Spynote - it does neither store nor handle any secrets or even an identity of its users. And it is open source so anyone could check and confirm of what and how does Spynote works.

But point taken. Thank you.
Yes i think you can improve it, the first i look for is a websites security, the lock, and even then no guarantees, but it does help, slightly.

The idea is pretty good, and can also be improved, just be a little more creative with your thinking cap on, and it may come to you, you are on the right track! I believe also there is a massive market out there for the taking, if you hit the right spot. and at the moment spynote, went by the side of me.

Do you want to be a millionaire? Then you need a killer website, and maybe you have the ability to build it. Take your time to satisfy the majority wants and needs of the masses, don't think of the product, think of the experience you want to provide, for those using the website, and how you can improve that experience.

Look at your strengths and weaknesses and see where you want to go with your idea, if your strength is in technolgy, your weakness maybe in the creativity side, or the business side, so how are you going to solve the problem?

Out source the problem to be solved, because ideas are not normally given away, they are sat on, untill someone with more strength comes along to help solve the problem. If you can understand my point of view?

You know what you want to a certain extent, because you have designed the website i guess.


Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest