Singapore Expats Forum

Gorba - hook, line & sinker (split from Gina Tan) :lol:

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34263
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Gorba - hook, line & sinker (split from Gina Tan) :lol:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 7:18 pm

Gorba,

Bored stiff today? :?
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Thu, 16 Nov 2006 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Sun, 12 Nov 2006 9:54 pm

jaslynk is far from new, to the forum, I guess it's a wind up!

Gorba
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 12 Nov 2006

Postby Gorba » Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Gorba,

Bored stiff today? :?


I'm bored, not stiff. What do you have in store for me, sms?
Chyovo Gabriel Gorbato
----------------------------

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34263
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:27 pm

Gorba wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Gorba,

Bored stiff today? :?


I'm bored, not stiff. What do you have in store for me, sms?


Sorry, wrong day. I didn't ask you about today.

I really don't care how you are today.

Gorba
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 12 Nov 2006

Postby Gorba » Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:49 pm

sms,

If time is of essence in communications in a forum like this and if I didn't reply in future in a timely fashion, you should remove it on/before 2359hrs that day you post the message.

Or maybe you should also state in your post whether it's a monoplex message, a duplex message, a broadcast message, etc.

For the benefit of those who don't know how to communicate properly,
monoplex comms - i talk, wait for my signal then you talk, vice versa.
duplex comms - all can talk at the same time and at your own time.
broadcast - no reply expected (omnidirectional reach-out).

you want some more message type? Or are you bored stiff today?
Chyovo Gabriel Gorbato

----------------------------

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34263
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:01 am

Yes and yes. :wink:

:oops!: wrong day! :shit:

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 1:54 am

Gorba wrote:sms,

If time is of essence in communications in a forum like this and if I didn't reply in future in a timely fashion, you should remove it on/before 2359hrs that day you post the message.

Or maybe you should also state in your post whether it's a monoplex message, a duplex message, a broadcast message, etc.

For the benefit of those who don't know how to communicate properly,
monoplex comms - i talk, wait for my signal then you talk, vice versa.
duplex comms - all can talk at the same time and at your own time.
broadcast - no reply expected (omnidirectional reach-out).

you want some more message type? Or are you bored stiff today?
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i've not heard of the monoplex communication, of which way you describe it, this to me, is half duplex, although technology as moved on quite a way since my days of communication studies, is this computer communication programming, rather than radio rebroadcasting?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34263
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 9:29 am

ksl wrote:
Gorba wrote:sms,

If time is of essence in communications in a forum like this and if I didn't reply in future in a timely fashion, you should remove it on/before 2359hrs that day you post the message.

Or maybe you should also state in your post whether it's a monoplex message, a duplex message, a broadcast message, etc.

For the benefit of those who don't know how to communicate properly,
monoplex comms - i talk, wait for my signal then you talk, vice versa.
duplex comms - all can talk at the same time and at your own time.
broadcast - no reply expected (omnidirectional reach-out).

you want some more message type? Or are you bored stiff today?
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i've not heard of the monoplex communication, of which way you describe it, this to me, is half duplex, although technology as moved on quite a way since my days of communication studies, is this computer communication programming, rather than radio rebroadcasting?


Mornin' ksl. :o (and I though I was a night owl )

It this case, after reading most of his posts, I'm think I understand what he means by monoplex. He like to talk to just to hear himself speak. That way he has all the answers. :wink: *now where's that windup smilie*

Gorba
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 12 Nov 2006

Postby Gorba » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 3:34 pm

"...but i've not heard of the monoplex comm..." by ksl
You've never heard of monoplex comms because it doesn't even exist. But you've read it somewhere. I know you did.


"...He like to talk to just to hear himself speak..." by sms
You mean you can hear what you wrote and read what you've spoken?

Wow, both of you need a doctor, a team of doctors in fact. How did you get yourself so messed up? It reads like you two have some sort of mental inter-faculty coordination problem. Can you smell color too? Can you show me?

HELLO EVERYBODY !!!!! IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THIS FORUM?????
WE NEED A DOCTOR HERE!!!!!

Why don't you just say that I'm an asshole? And save yourself some embarrassment. Are you people assholes too????? What, in the first place, is so bad about being an asshole? Every family's got one nowadays.

By the way, lesson 1 for you two, don't make fun of people using only your assumptions. That's not quite enough.

I'm a technical writer who doesn't know anything about the technical stuff. And I can lie my way through all these years without being discovered. You have to respect me a little bit, you know?

A dry forum like this wastes time (yours and mine) unless there's some assholes and bad guys to give it an extra dimension and make it real. Jesus Christ, I didn't even know you. Don't tell me what makes sense and what doesn't.
Chyovo Gabriel Gorbato

----------------------------

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 4:09 pm

Gorba wrote:" Don't tell me what makes sense and what doesn't.


Perhaps it would help if you actually wrote some.........

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 5:20 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
ksl wrote:
Gorba wrote:sms,

If time is of essence in communications in a forum like this and if I didn't reply in future in a timely fashion, you should remove it on/before 2359hrs that day you post the message.

Or maybe you should also state in your post whether it's a monoplex message, a duplex message, a broadcast message, etc.

For the benefit of those who don't know how to communicate properly,
monoplex comms - i talk, wait for my signal then you talk, vice versa.
duplex comms - all can talk at the same time and at your own time.
broadcast - no reply expected (omnidirectional reach-out).

you want some more message type? Or are you bored stiff today?
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i've not heard of the monoplex communication, of which way you describe it, this to me, is half duplex, although technology as moved on quite a way since my days of communication studies, is this computer communication programming, rather than radio rebroadcasting?


Mornin' ksl. :o (and I though I was a night owl )

It this case, after reading most of his posts, I'm think I understand what he means by monoplex. He like to talk to just to hear himself speak. That way he has all the answers. :wink: *now where's that windup smilie*


In fact I was actually thinking the same, monoplex, would be a logical explanation for someone who talks to themself. I will agree that he's right about needing a doctor! Can't be overwork if he's a technical writer, must be boredom! :D

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34263
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 5:39 pm

Gorba wrote:"...He like to talk to just to hear himself speak..." by sms
You mean you can hear what you wrote and read what you've spoken?


You mean you cannot?

I've invested in "Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9" & "NaturalReader".

You are behind the times. :cool:

Gorba
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 12 Nov 2006

Postby Gorba » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 7:33 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Gorba wrote:"...He like to talk to just to hear himself speak..." by sms
You mean you can hear what you wrote and read what you've spoken?

You mean you cannot?
I've invested in "Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9" & "NaturalReader".
You are behind the times. :cool:


So, did you turn on your computer, ran those softwares, pulled out some cables from the CPU and plug into your brain? You'll have to drill a hole through your skull first but be careful, don't touch the membrane, otherwise you might get side-effects ranging from runny nose to paralysis. And don't do it yourself please, get a surgeon.

You forgot the big AND when you quoted my statements!!!

Oh, by the way, text-to-speech and vice versa were there since the late 70s for crying out loud. Not to mention that's just partial automation of the communication process in question. Where is, at least, the AI part? You don't need to work for no NASA or in project SETI to know that. Organizeyour thoughts properly, young man.

You seriously need a shrink. Need my recommendation too? I know of a good one. His name is Gorba too.
Chyovo Gabriel Gorbato

----------------------------

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34263
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 9:22 pm

goard,

You certainly are confused aren't you. We haven't had a semi-literate troll in a long time. AND? :???: Can we get some of what you're on? It can't be legal here that's for sure.

Also, you do seem a bit fuddled as you forgot about the software being around since the 70's (google is your friend as you probably weren't out of diapers yet) as you so aptly put it in your earlier flame and when called out you have tried to deflect the brunt of your being hung by your own petard.

Sure hope your technical writing is a bit more lucid that your posts....... :shock:

ksl, Plavt.........

Looks like we hooked one! It's been a long dry spell...... :cool:

Image

Gorba
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 12 Nov 2006

Postby Gorba » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:26 pm

You need your administrator's rights and ksl's help?
Can't take me on alone? It's not like you.
Try harder and don't worry, I'm alone.
Oh, by the way, your english is too difficult to understand. Can you make it simpler for me? Please?
Chyovo Gabriel Gorbato

----------------------------


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests