Singapore Expats

Can the members exercise restraint?

Events and gatherings of MBA - Members Of Bhartiya Association
Kanchan

Can the members exercise restraint?

Post by Kanchan » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:39 pm

Hi MBAs,

I have lately read some posts on this forum that are way offensive or in sheer bad taste. So, can the members refrain from posting such obnoxious jokes, comments and ideas in the public forum?

Here is a sample of the posts I am talking about:-

1)A guy goes to the supermarket and notices a beautiful blond woman wave at him and say hello.He's rather taken aback, because he can't place where he knew her from,So he says, "Do you know me?" To which she replies, "I think your the father of one of my kids." Now his mind travels back to the only time he has ever been unfaithful to his wife and says, "My God, are you the stripper from my bachelor party that I laid on the pool table with all my buddies watching, while your partner whipped my butt with wet celery and stuck a carrot up my
butt???"
She looks into his eyes and calmly says, "No, I'm your son's math teacher."

2) Bhidu, Sahi program hai yeh, lekin Kanya hoti to aur maza aata re... Guys try this, interesting one...

3) Yeah funny part, when I asked the guy to kiss my ass. He came to the screen and singnalled me to turn around and blew a flying kiss.... . When I told him it sucks.... he happened to bend and write something on a slip of paper and came running to the screen and showed me the chit with something written on it (forgot).

There are others posts too, but I am running out of space.

Dickson

Post by Dickson » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 4:44 pm

it is better you dont read them.... why do you wanna read and then pass your sarcastic comments.

that is all u have to say to defend about woman... why do u want to be equal to men when nature had made a huge difference between them....
humans are influenced by society but animals are not .... so u can see how female of the animals behave ... they look after the house while males are made to fight... (there are still exceptions there which u might give as example but that few exceptions are negligible)

men are made to lead ... they are strong, powerfull, think fast,act quick, and can do every thing better than a woman ....
even the woman job are done quite well by men.. the best cooks in the world are men .... which is a womans job.... .
then u might say that there are woman who are doing men's job .. but let me tell u that they are very few (again negligible) cause exceptions are in all cases...
again talking about exception u might say that men being good cook might just be another expection which cannot be taken in account ... then i must tell u that the number of men being good cooks are huge and u cannot neglect it ...

woman are generally weak hearted though thye try to be equal to men they still have the thought in their subconsious mind which tell them that they arenot build for that act.... they try to do men thing but at the end they make it hotch potch ... (again some exceptions are there in the case) which u might give to prove.

women cannot be good friends... ask urself will u help ur friend when u both are in dying situation? no u wont help ur friend(u might say yes now to prove me wrong but u know u wont help her) cause u are weak hearted... taking about guy u ask them and they would surely help a friend in a life or death situation.. this is not some thing influnced by society.. this comes from being a man.
when u try to be equal to man then try it in all ways.. be equal in all ways comptete with him in sports. intellect and other thing.. dont just ask for being equal in one way like smoking and riding bike and stuffs like that..

calling about hypocrits .. i am not a hypcrit but one thing that i want to say is that if u want to generalise the gender then generalise in all the way.. not just a few .....so that u wont enjoy more part of freedon...

i think u must be very much influenced by hollywood movies..... may be woman of substance /... but they all show these thing cause these are very exceptional cases... u dont find them on street every day so it worth making movies about them.

ok i have to go was preety man when i was typing this ..may be i have wrote a lot of wierd things in it ..but just got my results out and didnt get marks as expected so i became mad..
anyways no hard feeling ..just said what i felt ....
dont take it hard preety face.

ckvkarma
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ckvkarma » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 5:15 pm

Dickson, just some unexpected marks made you mad, whats going to happen when you get into the professional world. Where are you coming from, forgot? btw, what/where are you studying?

for all the men

He who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a god.

For all the intellectual people and not so one, here are some quotes for you.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Simplicity is the peak of civilization."

"Elegance of language may not be in the power of all of us; but simplicity and straight forwardness are. Write much as you would speak; speak as you think. If with your inferior, speak no coarser than usual; if with your superiors, no finer. Be what you say; and, within the rules of prudence, say what you are."

"You don't need to outdo the competition. It's expensive and defensive. Underdo your competition. We need more simplicity and clarity."

"Women and men have to fight together to change society - and both will benefit... Partnership, not dependence, is the real romance in marriage."

"Aristotle maintained that women have fewer teeth than men; although he was twice married, it never occurred to him to verify this statement by examining his wives' mouths."

"Man perfected by society is the best of all animals; he is the most terrible of all when he lives without law, and without justice."

"Once you can laugh at your own weaknesses, you can move forward. Comedy breakes down walls. It opens up people. If you're good, you can fill up those openings with something positive. Maybe... combat some of the ugliness in the world."

Be good-end of story. Move forward ->
[SIMPLE-SENSE. ZERO-SCIENCE]

Dickson

Post by Dickson » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 5:37 pm

God creates dinosaurs,
God kills dinosaurs,
God creates man,
Man creates dinosaurs,
Man kills God,
Dinosaurs kill man,
Women inherit the Earth."
-- Jurassic Park

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Post by megha » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 7:12 pm

The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm

maddyks
Chatter
Chatter

Post by maddyks » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:50 pm

Dear Dickson,

Quite pissed off aren't we? What happened? A fight with a girlfriend or something?

Anyway, you do realise that matriachal society is prevalant in animals. Historians still argue about whether such a situation was present in human history or not. So, I guess saying man is born to lead would be a bit too much.

"Behind every successful man is a woman". We have heard this for a long time. Some say it should be completed and should read "Behind every successful man is a woman, waiting to take over". :wink: But then again, I would still say (as a personal opinion) that a woman has a strong influence on a man's success be it in the form of a mother, sister, lover or wife.

Well, the reason males are strongly developed is most probably a product of evolution rather than God's decision. As a mother, the female has to take care of the kids and thus may have been weaker. But, you do realise is that in all the species, the male has to work to get the attention of the female, which well doesn't speak too high of the males.

As for the cooks who are really good, ask them if they cook at home and 90% of them would say no. The remaining 10% are most probably single. :) And their starting is more often than not in their mother's kitchen learning from her. And seriously, however good a guy may be at cooking, he will still like his mom's cooking (taking into account that the mom is a good cook to begin with).

There are many tasks women are better in. It has to do with the basic wiring in our brains. Women have more interactions between the two hemispheres of the brain which allows for better verbal skills and intuition which seriously can be described as an information superhighway. Whereas men have larger hemispheres which explains their abstract reasoning power but can be only said as a crooked country road. Believe me on this, I'm researching on the brain only. :)

Anyway, longest post (self-written) for me. I'll rest for now and let the brickbats/bouquets fly.

Chill out a bit bro, life ain't that bad.

Cheers.

Maddy

P.S. By the way, I'm a guy. Wanted to tell you this before you start saying that I'm a female who's a member of the feminist ban the bra movement (which i thoroughly support :P ).

And girls, I am quite sure none of us here are masochist pigs, so lighten up a bit too. I'm too young to be telling you this but I'm the correct generation to tell you this. If strong language offends you, I am quite sure that us males can start a new thread named "adult jokes only" which you can very easily avoid unless you are interested. he he he.

Dickson

Post by Dickson » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:26 pm

see i don't think the womens right is a bad thing. Infact its not, its finally given the females of India, equal darja, as the men. Problem now is that this is getting pushed so far beyond what is acceptable.

Almost har din koi na koi shehar mein Mahila Samiti waley nikal ke morcha laga rahe hai. Ki striyon ko iss job mein rakho, tab striyon ko uss job mein rakho, unko yeh chahiye to woh chahiye.

I mean even in my family yaar, my cousin sis are now trying to advocate their own rules of engagement. For example, uss din my cuz came over from India, so I went out to help her get her stuff. I told her "ki laao mujhe de do" she was like "kyon, mein utha loongi" to I was like "yaar bhaari hoga, mein maddad kardeta hoon" to which she retorted "kya just cause i'm a girl, mein nahi utha sakti kya, ye lo" and she somehow carried the stuff in. what a farce!!

aab kisi mahila ko madad karne jao to ulta ye samajhte hai ke unko kamzor samajhte hai hum log
... haar mamle me barabari... infact... agar kabhi goverment office jakar dekho.. to jitne bhi women employees hai.. beth kar cooking recipies discuss kar rahe hota hai...ya aapka chunnu kounsi class me hai aur mera munnu padhai me bohot hoshiyar hai ...ushka discussion chal raha hota hai...and sab family ka kushal mangal discussion karte hi and they get government quotas... i am not saying ke they shouldnt get.... lekin they should realise ke wo kisi masoom mard ki job lekar bethi hai...

Last year I went to this camp on how to prevent descrimination and promote inter-cultural/inter-sexual harmony and learn more about other cultures. Over there we were having a discussion about female liberation and how girls are always opressed etc and this one girl said that guys should stop helping girls as girls are not weak, she went on to say that she hates it when a guy hold the door open for a girl "cause he thinks she needs to have someone hold the door open for them". My response to her was, we don't hold the door open 'cause you can't open it your self we hold it open to be polite... how would you like to walk to a door and have it slam shut in your face. She said "No matter what guys should not hold the door for girls"...

So the next day when we were leaving the room she was right behind me and I slammed the door shut in her face. She got pissed and yelled at me. I told her that she only said that a guy should never hold a door for her so I didn't. Then she got even angrier, said that I need to get better manners and didn't talk to me the rest of the day.

Now abt the fact the women of today misuse their newly found Women Rights, I think it's because...at first they had little to no rights...and now they have equal rights (for which I'm glad).

BUT...perhaps the transition between no rights and to have rights happened to soon.
Ab woh urne lage hai...aur meri ma kehti hai, jab kiri (=ant) ke par nikelte hai to uski maut jaldi ati hai (don't know exactly what that means but who am I to doubt her and after all she's a woman herself, she should know better). Not all women. Just the stupid egoistic ones....
(which is about 90% of women)

you guys are of course takin abt the lighter side of the argument but i know personally of cases in india where the woman complained to the police that she was being harrassed & beaten by their inlaws. And the inlaws & the husband, his pregnant sis-in- law and her 3 yrs old daughter were jailed without any evidence as the laws favour the women soo much.the kid also had to go to the jail because there was no one to look after her.

And the reason why the woman did that... she was having an affair and was lookin for a way out of the marriage . I've also heard of cases where women will wrongfully report rape cases to get back at their boy-friends etc. the situation is getting ridiculous.

when i'm in india, i'm frekkin scared to go out with a girl because the next day she might be blackmailing me. Remember the saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" or annoyed or pissed?

one thing what bugs me about women is that on one hand they want to be equal to men in every way and on the other hand they are seeking woman rights.....

...men dont have have any thing reserved for them in india .... so if a woman is seeking equality to men ..then she should drop women reservation that they are granted....

or

if they want that reservation they should stop seeking equal to men...

couple of months i heard in the news... that in Bengal (a state of india) a fourteen year old kid ... (though he looked much younger ) who sells corn(bhutta) from platform to platforms .. he takes local train to get to the next platform.. on yesterday he got late and the train was leaving the platform so in a hurry he got onto a compartment reserved for women.... ..they women on the his behaviour.. and told him to get down .. by this time the train had left the platform and was in good speed... " he pleeded them that he would get down in the next station because he was in a hurry he got onto that compartment..
the five women were not ready to take his answer and caught him and threw him out of the train... he suffered a lot injury on his hands. feet, head, back, and was admitted to the hospital.....
they police were informed and the later arrested the woman for throwing the kid out.....
" and during an interview to the local media the police police supported the woman and said that the kid had done wrong by getting into women reserved compartment and he said nothing about the woman's guilt for throwing the kid out the train......

and she saw let to after the statement to the police.. they didnt even detain her..
may be she must have showed the officers some thing private

any ways this is not a fabricated story.. real fact happened couple of months back in Kolkota ...and i heard it in the news

dont know what to say about these women who try to take advantage of being a woman....

one thing i am sure to tell u .. if science developes a lot and they are able to make donkey concieve a human baby.. then i would never think ever to marry a woman.. but marry a donkey
what to do u cant part with they cause u need them to run this world...
no babies we are doomed
hope the donkey thing may come soon..kyun mujhe ladki log se nafrat hi especially the feminist nari jaat (90% of modern day surpanakas belong to this narijaat) who always ragadte rahengi tum Ravan log kuch bhi bol lo....magar janam to Naari Jaat ki coke se hi li hi

My definition would depend on the place where they are located. Things which are fine in the US are not ok in India and things in europe are on a different scale than US or india.

For example girls wearing a 4 inch skirt to a club wouldn't be that big a deal in the US but would be a bad idea in India. In europe going topless is not a big deal but in the US its a big deal. So everything depends on the standard around you.

I don't have a problem with womens rights. I have a problem with people who want to have their cake and eat it too. Meaning you (Not you specifically) want to be given special treatment when it is in your favor but get equal treatment when it favors the guys.

One prime example is "Women's seating" in the buses in India. I understand seating for pregnant women or the old people but a special seat for women is a bit too much. The worse is when college girls get in the bus and ask you to get up 'cause you are sitting in the ladie's seating. Once I saw one girl (A college student) who actually made a 60 year old guy get up and stand 'cause he was in the ladies seat. So I got up, gave him my seat and went and stood beside the girl. Then I called up my friend from my cell phone and spent 10 mins telling her about the inconsiderate person who would make an old guy get up so that she could sit when she was obviously fit and healthy.

Basically I shamed her enough to make her get off at the next stop. The best part was that she couldn't complain as I was talking on the phone.

i can continue on and on..., but i don't want to do that because like me you all will say one day you had correctly predicted about the naari jaat. i dont want the naari jaat to call you all MCP. naari jaat always called me a male chauvunist pig , MCP (don't know what it means) and that i am one more DUKHI ATMA in their dictionary, which also i dont understand. I initially wanted to marry a pig, but since they all call me a MCP i decided to marry a donkey. Hope the donkeys can bear my babies from their coke.. so you all bachelors can joke and also think of marrying a donkey to bear your beautiful children form its coke.

Dickson

Post by Dickson » Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:03 am

Maddyan wrote:Dear Dickson,

Quite pissed off aren't we? What happened? A fight with a girlfriend or something?

Anyway, you do realise that matriachal society is prevalant in animals. Historians still argue about whether such a situation was present in human history or not. So, I guess saying man is born to lead would be a bit too much.

"Behind every successful man is a woman". We have heard this for a long time. Some say it should be completed and should read "Behind every successful man is a woman, waiting to take over". :wink: But then again, I would still say (as a personal opinion) that a woman has a strong influence on a man's success be it in the form of a mother, sister, lover or wife.

Well, the reason males are strongly developed is most probably a product of evolution rather than God's decision. As a mother, the female has to take care of the kids and thus may have been weaker. But, you do realise is that in all the species, the male has to work to get the attention of the female, which well doesn't speak too high of the males.

As for the cooks who are really good, ask them if they cook at home and 90% of them would say no. The remaining 10% are most probably single. :) And their starting is more often than not in their mother's kitchen learning from her. And seriously, however good a guy may be at cooking, he will still like his mom's cooking (taking into account that the mom is a good cook to begin with).

There are many tasks women are better in. It has to do with the basic wiring in our brains. Women have more interactions between the two hemispheres of the brain which allows for better verbal skills and intuition which seriously can be described as an information superhighway. Whereas men have larger hemispheres which explains their abstract reasoning power but can be only said as a crooked country road. Believe me on this, I'm researching on the brain only. :)

Anyway, longest post (self-written) for me. I'll rest for now and let the brickbats/bouquets fly.

Chill out a bit bro, life ain't that bad.

Cheers.

Maddy

P.S. By the way, I'm a guy. Wanted to tell you this before you start saying that I'm a female who's a member of the feminist ban the bra movement (which i thoroughly support :P ).

And girls, I am quite sure none of us here are masochist pigs, so lighten up a bit too. I'm too young to be telling you this but I'm the correct generation to tell you this. If strong language offends you, I am quite sure that us males can start a new thread named "adult jokes only" which you can very easily avoid unless you are interested. he he he.

maddyan,i dont know how to pronouce your name and that you are a guy. but i would like you tell you that you are still living in 20th century. dude this is 21st century so come on grow up and get a life. the things you quoted as examples were all applicable about 100 yrs ago and they were citied by historians.

present day and now,

behind every successful man is a woman, but behind her is his bitchy wife.

i have researched on human brains for more than 7 yrs now and can tell you again it is an old idea. recent studies by british born researcher john phillipe rushton a univ of western ontario psycologist reached his conclusion after scrutinising the results of univ aptitude tests taken by 100000 students aged 17 and 18. a focus on factors such as ability to quickly grasp a complex concept, verbal reasoning skillsand creativity- some of the key ingredients of intellegence indicated that male teens had IQ's which were an average of 3.63 points higher. the avg person's iq is around 100. naari jaat has advantage over males only untill adolescence because they mature faster, which makes the underlying difference. men have larger brain and a larger brain has got more neurons meaning more advantage in processing information.

naari jaat is good and men cannot live with them this is exactly what i used to tell my friends too. but after seeing all my freinds suffering after marrying indian girls in india i have started to hate the nari jaat.

you wont believe me . check this blog maintained by a naari jaat called diana sunita.

ADVICE TO INDIAN WOMEN
http://www.indiatalking.com/blog/indianwomen/1372/

Advice to Indian Women.

Advice to Modern Indian women, who is going to marry and already Married.

How to Safe guard your Future;

You have A weapon to seduce your husband to get Everything possible.

Your have to cook good food for him, better than his mother. That’s only way bring him out of clutches of his mother.

Use your fertile 3 inch, to make him happy, so you can make him your slave, but use it reasonably, to get things from him. Once he is under control, you can use him as your remote control.

Try to get money from him and save in your personal Account, if you are house wife.

If you are working, do not give money to house hold things, its mans responsibility to run home.

Ask him to make more Gold and valuables.

Ask him to buy property / House / flat in your name.

Ask him to make Insurance with huge sum of Amount.

Tell him to keep his parents Away from your home.

Be with him whenever he talk to his parents and relatives.

Keep all his Bank Accounts / Savings Informations.

Take and Destroy all the receipts of valuables he buy for you.

Ask him to open joint Account.

Ask him to take FD in your name.

Ask him to invest in your name, tell him your name is lucky one.

Men are just Dumb, they will do as you say, once you make them SLAVES.

Sunita

HOW TO MAKE MONEY OUT OF YOUR MARRIAGE IN INDIA.
(THE NEW VERSION KAUN BANEGA CROREPATI -PART 3)

http://www.indiatalking.com/blog/indianwomen/1371/

How to make Money From Marriage.

One of my friend wrote to me how she turn her marriage to mint money.

BRAVO Mukta, these men never understand, unless there are many brave women like you. Nisha Sharma got nothing, you are the number one Fortune Hunter.

Here is the some main things she wrote to me.

My name is Mukta from Rajindar Nagara Delhi, I got married to a south Indian man, he is a NRI, after Marriage I went to USA with him, I told him till i get Green Card, not to have children and he agreed, He was Earning well and I managed to send almost 5 lac to my Account in India in 18 months. Soon after I got my Green card, I came back to India after taking all the gold he gave worth almost 10 lacs.

As soon as I reach India, I filed dowry case on him and his parents in coimbatore, my dad has some political and police influence, so they sent Arrest warrant for them and they are on run, and my husband cann`t come to India to fight for this 498a.

Meanwhile I applied for divorce and and 20 lacs alimony, lets see what happens.

Actually I wanted to marry my Boyfriend, but my husband impressed my parents, so they forced me to marry him. I enjoyed 18 months stay with him and seen half of the world at his expenses. Now I have Green Card and after Divorce and can settle in USA with my BoyFriend.

Please do not tell this to anyone, this is for your personal reference only.

Sorry Mukta, I have to encourage other women, about your efforts.

Sunita

WANTS of IndianWomen [ Demand ]

http://www.indiatalking.com/blog/indianwomen/1440/

We indian women already have some Laws favoring us, still we want more to make Equality among men.

1]. When we marry, husband has to transfer half of the property in our name.

2]. His Parents should not stay with us,husband has to move to seperate new house.

3]. If women is working also, husband should not ask money(her Salary).

4]. Selection of sex and children should be with wife.

5]. Choice of abortion should be with women,if husband force her,he should eb punished with murder charges.

6]. Child sex check should be legalised.

7]. Women should not be get arrested, for whatsoever reason, there should be some man to provoke her to commit such crime, he should be punished instead women.

8]. Man divorce petitions should not be entertained,it should delayed by at least 7 years.

9]. If women file for divorce, it should granted within 6 months giving her all her Expensus / Alimony and free government support.

10].If man is answering any women petitions, his immediatly relatives like parents and sisters should be arrested to make him be present in court.

11].Child custody should be granted to mother only.Father should not be allowed visitation for childs healthy growth.

12].Father should deposit 50,000 Rs in childs name as soon as child birth. 1 lakh if child is girl.

13].Women parents should come and stay with thier daughter as soon as she is get pregnent.

14].Father should sign Child custody papers in his wifes name,as soon as child born to avoid child custody case.

15].In Rape conviction Man sex organ should be cut into half, so in future he will never make same mistake again, and remember it Everyday when he urinate.

16].In marrisage man should give financial guarantee for women, and keep some fix amount in her name.

17].In dowry charges mans all property and assets should be frozen.

18].Husband or his parents should not tell DIL, what to wear or what to do, this will creat tension and problem in family.she has rights to do as she like.

19].Man should equally share domestic work.

20].Wife should get salary if she is housewife.

21].She should have seperate Account.

22].Man should not deny wifes family visitation and he should entertain them.

23].Man should bear expensus of study and marriage if wife has younger bother, sisters.

24].After age of 60 of wifes parents,should be allowed to stay with thier daughter legally.

25].Wife can deny sex or withold without reason.

26].Man never deny or say no to sex, as he is stronger sex.if he deny,thats should be valid reason for divorce.

KILL TWO BIRDS IN ONE STONE

http://www.indiatalking.com/blog/indianwomen/1419/

Two Birds in one Stone.

To all indian girls who are going to marry,you have to safeguard your future
for better life.

Today we have rights in Fathers Property,still it will go to Boys by default.
you have to fight for your rights, After struggle only you will get share in
Property, And you know your Fahters capacity, how much he can pay, if you are
not going to fight for your ancestors property, there is other way.

When you are going to marry, ask your Future husband about your Fathers Capacity
about his money and property, and ask him to demand your share in the name of DOWRY.
Your Father will give without any resistence,as he has to marry off you.

Try to get As much money as possible, because after marriage you will not get anything.
you have to work for your interest only. otherwise all property will go to boys,
and thier wives will enjoy your Father money.

By that, shoot 2 birds in one Attempt.

you will get Father Property, without any struggle.
And
You can trap your husband also.

As Dowry is Prohibited, and he is taken dowry from you, you can harass him life long;
and make him your pet SLAVE.No one will question you saying, you asked him to take Dowry
from your Family, Law always Blame men / Husband for that. Even you misguided him to doom.

This is the Ultimate Secret i revealed so Far, from my WMD.

HOW IS IT MEN;

WE WILL MAKE YOU DOOM SOME DAY. AND WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE DUMB.

WOMEN Rules.

Sunita.

FILING DIVORCE CASES IS OUR RIGHT

http://www.indiatalking.com/blog/indianwomen/1384/

Filing Dowry Case is our Right.

Unless Every women file 498a aganist all men, this dowry ssytem will not go.

so i request all women out there, file dowry case Against your husband, True or false, so then others will understand not to take DOWRY.

http://india.indymedia.org/en/2004/01/208541.shtml

Eliminate Dowry Not Daughters!
By WSF IMC 17/01/2004 At 16:57

'Vimochana' seminar highlights how women are killed/abused and victimised in a consumerism society by the dowry.

The Changing Face of Dowry seminar 17.01.04 WSF Mumbai, 2004.
`Vimochana` Forum for Women's Rights, Bangalore.

Dowry is a demand made in cash/or kind in connection with marriage, before, after or anytime thereafter.
Dowry is not a free and voluntary gift, a token of love, a one time payment.
Dowry is all pervasive, destructive, demanding and damning. Dowry means violence and more violence, physical and mental resulting in dowry murders.
Dowry intensifies with liberalization with consumerism. Commodifying and devaluing the woman, the feminine.
Dowry knows no caste, no religion, no class, no colour, no community.

Domestic violence is known about throughout the world, due to the women's issues becoming more visible in the last 30 years. Yet women are still dying, being killed, commiting suicide and experiencing daily abuses. WHY?
In India this continues due to dowry, used for the rising status of the male, in all classes of society, for example, to further studies, buy a rickshaw. Families with female children need to marry them as young as possible as they are a financial burden in saving for the dowry. Also families are looking to increase the status of their own family through marriage. Women are commodities sold in marriage. In Bombay, Doctors/educated men will come to look for dowries,such as gold/diamonds, put advertisements in the newspapers, 100,s of girls will be introduced to them. This is a quick way to make money. Overall the dowry issue has intensified with consumerism and subsequent greed, being exacerbated and legitimized by the media.
100,s of women are missing, not reported, not acknowledged. Dowry is a noose not a safety net. Once married, women are seen as a parasites and worthless. Many live with in laws and do not see their husbands. Demands occur for monies and if not met from the woman,s families, can result in deaths. Testimonies today have been given from women who have had death threats from their husbands, accounts of accidents ie, being hit by a car in the street is common and experiencing torture such as burning.
This forum looks into female deaths in Bangalore, often reported as cooking accidents, suicides due to a physical complaint, child illness. They go and speak to the people, gathering information.
They believe that different techniques are developing to murder these women such as poisoning.
Marriage is now a violent institution and an economic interaction between two families not based on love and respect.
This seminar calls for a whole movement to develop to campaign for the rights of women to live.

5 Questions a Man should Never ask his Woman

http://www.indiatalking.com/blog/indianwomen/1904/

5 questions a man should never ask his woman - for you never know what she might make of it

Let's face it, women have the ability to read much more into a question than is intended. For instance, a guy asks what the time is, and she hears, "I'm bored, I want to leave, I wonder if this relationship is working for me, I think I may be able to escape in the next few minutes, I wonder what I am doing here?" He wanted to know what the time was, because he needs to call up his client and fix up the meeting for the following day.

So what do the following questions mean to women?

Are you going to take long?
She hears : I am waiting for you outside while you are busy packing the baby's bag, sorting out the dog, wrapping the birthday present, dealing with YOUR mother's phonecall and locking the house. What is taking you so long?

Why does this question irritate women?
This question merely reveals the partner’s complete lack of understanding about what it takes to get ready to go on the road. And this is what makes women angry. Leave it to the man in your life, and you will arrive at the party without a present, without clean nappies for the baby, and, to top it all, a call from your neighbours telling you that your house has been broken into.

Don't you think you should start running again?
She hears : You are getting fat and I think it is because you are not getting enough exercise. Pick up two more kilos and I am out of here.

It makes them feel that they are being prescribed to on how they should look, what they should wear in order to be found acceptable. Men just don't understand that many women deal with PMS, baby blues or the difficult boss and bitchy colleagues by eating a second slice of chocolate cake, followed by a cream caramel, rum 'n raisin ice cream and rounded off with a gulab jamun.

What's for dinner?
She hears: Your place is in the kitchen. I don't care if you work a full day like I do, dinner is your responsibility and I am hungry.

It makes them feel as if the bulk of the household responsibilities is still theirs, even if they work fulltime or earn more than their husbands. Especially if they shopped for the food, cooked yesterday and did the washing of clothes thrice in the last one week.

What was your previous boyfriend like?
She hears: I don't like the thought of your being with anyone else, even if I didn't know you then. I really want to hear that he was a right royal jerk, useless in bed, couldn't get himself a good job and stay, and was generally disliked by all your family and friends.

It makes them feel cornered - previous boyfriends are actually private territory and have nothing to do with present relationships. When women are hesitant to discuss previous relationships, men often react as if they are somehow being excluded and as if the woman has something to hide. We all have secrets and private things about which we do not wish to talk to anyone.

Who was that you were talking to?
She hears: I don't trust you. I don't like you talking to other men. You're mine, mine, mine and don't you forget it. How much did that smile really mean?

It makes them feel as if they are being treated like possessions and not human beings. Everyone needs friends and women certainly do not want to sleep with every man they smile at. Heavens, that would even include that ugly 40-year-old doodh-wala who wakes them up every morning.

Mumbai Mirror
Jan 12, 2006

Dickson

Post by Dickson » Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:09 pm

my heart bleeds to know the suffering of these innocent men put into trouble by pressing govt sponsored dowry law by their wives... all the bachelors going to get married soon...this is a must read

WE ARE INNOCENT MEN AND DOWRY LAW VICTIMS

http://victims-of-law.blogspot.com/

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Post by Ind Babe » Fri, 17 Nov 2006 1:16 pm

U know what Dickson
I must applaud you for having chosen such an apt avatar......offensive as it is, it completely summarizes what you are quite succintly.

I dont blame you for all your posts above, its just what you are!
One life - live it!

maddyks
Chatter
Chatter

Post by maddyks » Fri, 17 Nov 2006 1:51 pm

Ind Babe wrote:U know what Dickson
I must applaud you for having chosen such an apt avatar......offensive as it is, it completely summarizes what you are quite succintly.

Case rested. No more comments from me.

The most funny part of his comment is when he asks me to come into the 21st century. Hmmm never thought of myself as that old especially since i was born in the last 20 years of the 20th century. If you are younger than me, well 7 years of research in the brain eh? PhD??? Pretty good mate.

Dickson

Post by Dickson » Fri, 17 Nov 2006 2:19 pm

Ind Babe dont bother about what i have said so far as truth will always hurt the naari jaat. and thanks for all your compliments i loved it. well you could summarize me as what kinda person i am through my avatar. but in you real life you cannot stay away from it. you have to live with it to love it even if it is offensive to you now.

cheers

Dickson

Post by Dickson » Fri, 17 Nov 2006 2:29 pm

Maddyan wrote:

The most funny part of his comment is when he asks me to come into the 21st century. Hmmm never thought of myself as that old especially since i was born in the last 20 years of the 20th century. If you are younger than me, well 7 years of research in the brain eh? PhD??? Pretty good mate.

yeah i am a psycologist so when talk about brain i can discuss on it not only at surface level but also in detail. chill dude you enjoy your time here. i am just venting out my frustrations at the cruel laws in india protecting women which are breaking up a beautiful relationship called marriage and in turn breaking up families.

alibaba

Post by alibaba » Fri, 17 Nov 2006 8:02 pm

Dickson wrote:
Maddyan wrote:

yeah i am a psycologist so when talk about brain i can discuss on it not only at surface level but also in detail. chill dude you enjoy your time here. i am just venting out my frustrations at the cruel laws in india protecting women which are breaking up a beautiful relationship called marriage and in turn breaking up families.

brudder why so fierce lah you. Relax brudder control control. I pity you and understand your anger lor towards india woman. I am a singapore citizen and last year when i go to india on business trip to chennai. I happened to fall in love with a indian girl in chennai in my clients ofice. I am a chinese and wanted to marry a india girl. I was engaged to the india girl one day before i return to singpore as she want to marry me and her parents tell me to get engage first only then i can bring her to Singapore. I could not get the visa to the india girl in india and it was rejected in singapore also. when i told my finance about the visa to my surprise my india filed dowry case on me and ask me to pay her S$100,000. nabei i no marry the girl also file dowry case on me by showing police my engagement photos.

aiyoh why you want to marry a donkey when so many chicken in Singapore. brudder you go to Geyland, chinatown, desker road to vomit your load. all these chicken will spread their leg to you for only money. then you hire a surrogate mother for your baby without marry, many woman spread thir leg for you.

dudevinod
Chatter
Chatter

Imprtand Discoveries

Post by dudevinod » Sat, 18 Nov 2006 12:52 pm

I spend 20 mins reading the posts...Dickson..u son of a dick.. u got a point there.. but i think you are going overboard. Don't generalize stuff buddy. Woman have gone thru a lot of torture too. I do know a few cases where women are physically abused. U seem like an intellect. So stop comapring women to animals. I empathize with all that you have been thru and guess life is not fair. However, one picks up the threads and goes along weaving a better future for oneself..

So.. hang on there.. pal..and take it easy.. and if u cant change ur opinion..then voice it with a little more discretion..

On a lighter note.. here's my 2 pence worth of humor.. on woman ;)

The MOST IMPORTANT DISCOVERIES:
Man discovered weapons, invented hunting.

Woman discovered hunting, invented furs.

Man discovered colors, invented painting.

Woman discovered painting, invented make-up.

Man discovered speech, invented conversation.

Woman discovered conversation, invented gossip.

Man discovered agriculture, invented food.

Woman discovered food, invented diet.

Man discovered friendship, invented love.

Woman discovered love, invented marriage.

Man discovered woman, invented sex.

Woman discovered sex, invented headache.

Man discovered trade, invented money.

Woman discovered money, man has never recovered.