Singapore Expats

What's so talented about the foreign talents in Singapore?

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Gorba

What's so talented about the foreign talents in Singapore?

Post by Gorba » Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:46 pm

Can you people share with us the good/poor performance of foreign talents working with you in your area of profession?

This thread is to sample "our" foreign talents' work, in order to help us appreciate or condem them as a whole or individually.

Please don't name names and don't make it personal.
Just say what you saw and say it clearly, please.

Best regards,
Gabriel (CG) pronounced "gaaabreeel" not "gaybreal".
Chyovo Gabriel Gorbato
----------------------------

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 9:20 am

Why don't we ask the same questions of local talent "in order to help us appreciate or condem them as a whole or individually"?

batliwala
Editor
Editor

Post by batliwala » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 9:34 am

Strong Eagle wrote:Why don't we ask the same questions of local talent "in order to help us appreciate or condem them as a whole or individually"?

Yeah very true SE..... I don't know what Gaybreal stands to gain doing this survey.

batli

spaul
Regular
Regular

Post by spaul » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:02 am

Envy? Insecurity? Resentment?

neoTheOne

Post by neoTheOne » Fri, 08 Dec 2006 11:20 am

may be all of them

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Fri, 08 Dec 2006 2:15 pm

What local talent :P

Seriously the original post is just a wind up right?
Be Like Water

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Dec 2006 4:17 pm

He was my November Troll of the Month! See some of the other threads moved to this forum. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Left Wing
Regular
Regular

Post by Left Wing » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 9:49 pm

for local talent never to dare disagree with xpat boss....and suffer quietly Envy, Insecurity, Resentment.........

BTW local talent thinks all of India speaks Tamil coz local Singaporeans of Indian origin speak in Tamil....

Born in Singapore but still call your self chinese,malay,indian.... :???: :???: :???: :???: :?

PhantomX

Post by PhantomX » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 9:59 am

Left Wing wrote:for local talent never to dare disagree with xpat boss....and suffer quietly Envy, Insecurity, Resentment.........

BTW local talent thinks all of India speaks Tamil coz local Singaporeans of Indian origin speak in Tamil....

Born in Singapore but still call your self chinese,malay,indian.... :???: :???: :???: :???: :?

Lets not get into this... btw as a matter of interest are you tamil?
X

Left Wing
Regular
Regular

Post by Left Wing » Mon, 01 Jan 2007 11:06 pm

I am not and do not speak Tamil

PhantomX...what did i say so wrong...care to expand on it

Kash

Post by Kash » Mon, 08 Jan 2007 3:42 pm

I think it seems like a harmless post and all of us are over-reacting...if you don wish to part-take in this blokes post then don..instead of posting childish remarks about the locals and tarnishing the reputation of the other foreigners here...

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Mon, 08 Jan 2007 7:32 pm

Kash wrote:I think it seems like a harmless post and all of us are over-reacting...if you don wish to part-take in this blokes post then don..instead of posting childish remarks about the locals and tarnishing the reputation of the other foreigners here...
Looks like we are not the only ones prone to over reacting.
Be Like Water

German_Expat

Post by German_Expat » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:55 pm

Born in Singapore but still call your self chinese,malay,indian....
Ask a Singaporean what race he/she is and you will be told Malay, Cinese, Indian, etc....... Ask that same person what nationality are you and you will be told Singaporean..... get the difference?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 5:42 pm

German_Expat wrote:
Born in Singapore but still call your self chinese,malay,indian....
Ask a Singaporean what race he/she is and you will be told Malay, Cinese, Indian, etc....... Ask that same person what nationality are you and you will be told Singaporean..... get the difference?
Not quite right. Normally if you ask a Singaporean what they are they will normally respond with "I am a Singaporean Chinese, Singaporean Indian or Singaporean Malay." As opposed to "I am a Chinese Singaporean, etc., etc.

The usage of the Citizenship as an adjective instead of the noun also gives rise to the thoughts that this is why this will never be a homogeneous society until they start thinking as themselves as Singaporeans FIRST and not RACE first. You normally will hear Americans refer to themselves as Americans. If they do include their ethnicity it is usually used as an adjective and not a noun.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:43 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:[The usage of the Citizenship as an adjective instead of the noun also gives rise to the thoughts that this is why this will never be a homogeneous society until they start thinking as themselves as Singaporeans FIRST and not RACE first. You normally will hear Americans refer to themselves as Americans. If they do include their ethnicity it is usually used as an adjective and not a noun.
Give it some time -- this little red dot's only been here for 40 years, and the differences to the north of the border are already pretty striking.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague