Singapore Expats Forum

Beaujolais Nouveau is coming

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
jolmar
Chatter
Chatter

Beaujolais Nouveau is coming

Postby jolmar » Mon, 13 Nov 2006 3:42 pm

Hi guys,

This coming thursday takes place one of the most famous wine celebration in France, the celebration of the 1st wine of the year, called Beaujolais Nouveau.

To be fair with you, this wine is not really a Grand Cru, but usually it is more an opportunity to have some drinks with friends (who said another one ?).

Personnally i will go to 1 of my favourite place in Singapore, where the last WNDC took place,a french wine bar called "Le carillon de l'Angelus", 24 Ann Siang Road, near club street and Chinatown.

For this event, they organize a B&B event, Blues & Beaujolais, with a blues band comig for few sets, and of course boxes of bottles to drink ;-)

I will be there, but I guess all the wine bars in Singapore will do this celebration, so feel free to go anywhere and share some drinks !

See you guys !
60 million french people can't be wrong ;-)

nadinka

Beaujolais Nouveau

Postby nadinka » Thu, 16 Nov 2006 4:10 pm

I'd love to join.

Don't know anyone (just arrived to Singapore end of last week). How do I find you? What time?

Feeling a bit ill, but can't miss such an occasion!

jolmar
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jolmar » Fri, 17 Nov 2006 3:38 pm

Hi nadinka,

Sorry, didn't check the forum before leaving yesterday.
Did you find a place anyway?
60 million french people can't be wrong ;-)

nadinka

Postby nadinka » Sat, 18 Nov 2006 6:48 pm

yes found it. Had my glass of beaujolais nouveau and listened to the music. i'm moving to club street in 3 weeks time so glad to have discovered such a nice place just round the corner!