Singapore Expats Forum

UK driving licence

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

UK driving licence

Postby bunty » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 10:00 am

All,

I have a paper british driving licence issued in 1993. I came to know from the DVLA website that this can be converted to a photocard licence. however the site does not mention how this can be done by persons not currently staying in the UK.

has anyone converted to photo licence while being outside uk.
i am not a uk citizen, so want to know how to go about this....

Also does Singapore accept the paper licence for conversion. The paper licence does not contain photo.....

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: UK driving licence

Postby ksl » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 3:25 pm

bunty wrote:All,

I have a paper british driving licence issued in 1993. I came to know from the DVLA website that this can be converted to a photocard licence. however the site does not mention how this can be done by persons not currently staying in the UK.

has anyone converted to photo licence while being outside uk.
i am not a uk citizen, so want to know how to go about this....

Also does Singapore accept the paper licence for conversion. The paper licence does not contain photo.....

Of course if the licence is still valid, they will change it, however it must be a full driving licence, not a provisional. You will also need proof of the test date, from Swansea.