Singapore Expats Forum

Scottish guy visiting Singapore for the first time

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
davidjmartin

Scottish guy visiting Singapore for the first time

Postby davidjmartin » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 8:46 am

Hi i'm a 34 year old Scottish guy coming over to Singapore soon to look for work and looking to meet new friends who like going to the gym or just for a beer.

Plymouth

Postby Plymouth » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 11:44 am

welcome.....to singapore..

add me ruby618@hotmail.com

La Di Da
Regular
Regular

Postby La Di Da » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:39 pm

Hiya,
Not wishing to be the bearer of bad news, just thought I'd share some info as my other half is in same line of work. He found that gyms here in Singapore won't employ foreigners requiring an Employment Pass as there are lots of locally qualified folks and so the government won't grant the EP, fair enough I guess. He ended up setting up his own business instead which is great if you have a strong enough business case and are in a position to fund yourself for a while whilst building up a clientele. I believe it's the same for massage therapists........

Cheers,
:girl:

merliongal26
Regular
Regular

Postby merliongal26 » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 1:10 pm

I think he meant FRIENDS who like to go to the gym, not that he wants to work in a gym

La Di Da
Regular
Regular

Really ??

Postby La Di Da » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 1:42 pm

merliongal26 wrote:I think he meant FRIENDS who like to go to the gym, not that he wants to work in a gym

Really?? Bottom line of message reads " I am looking for work as a gym instructor or massage therapist in Singapore" ??????

carinohaven

HEY

Postby carinohaven » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 5:21 pm

hey add me at rachelho79@msn.com

I am into gym nowadays'

Cheers'

davidjmartin

Postby davidjmartin » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 9:09 pm

La Di Da wrote:Hiya,
Not wishing to be the bearer of bad news, just thought I'd share some info as my other half is in same line of work. He found that gyms here in Singapore won't employ foreigners requiring an Employment Pass as there are lots of locally qualified folks and so the government won't grant the EP, fair enough I guess. He ended up setting up his own business instead which is great if you have a strong enough business case and are in a position to fund yourself for a while whilst building up a clientele. I believe it's the same for massage therapists........

Cheers,
:girl:
Thanks very much for the info