Singapore Expats Forum

Employment Pass; unsuccessful application

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

boumbo

Employment Pass; unsuccessful application

Postby boumbo » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:37 am

Hi!

I incorporated the company with a PR friend of mine.
I sent an application for an EP a couple of weeks ago along with a copy of my degree, a translation in English...

I just received the letter from MOM but no explanation... nothing regarding their motivation.

What are my chances if appealing?? What supportive documents shall I send them? Is the appeal a process that, if unsuccessful will harm me if lookign for a job? (so I can get an EP...)

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 5:41 am

I assume you applied for an Entrepass? See my comments about business plans under this thread.

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ft ... 48-15.html

boumbo

Postby boumbo » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:55 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your answer Strong Eagle

No I wanted to avoid applying for the Entrepass (dont liek the idea of giving away a B.Plan + constraints)

I incorporated the company with a PR friend of mine, was "promoted" director and applied for the Employment Pass...

Got a friend who advised me not to go for the Entrepass as it was troublesome for him and some people he knows...

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 2:07 pm

boumbo wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your answer Strong Eagle

No I wanted to avoid applying for the Entrepass (dont liek the idea of giving away a B.Plan + constraints)

I incorporated the company with a PR friend of mine, was "promoted" director and applied for the Employment Pass...

Got a friend who advised me not to go for the Entrepass as it was troublesome for him and some people he knows...

I think that if you are a foreigner coming in as a director you must go for an Entrepass.

You don't actually provide enough information. Are you degreed? Is your experience level such that it would be hard to find such skills in SG?