Singapore Expats Forum

Cabin Crew & Cabin Crew Executive

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
angel_cambiel

Cabin Crew & Cabin Crew Executive

Postby angel_cambiel » Mon, 06 Nov 2006 10:13 pm

I know that for someone who is a cabin crew executive, he/she would be initially trained as a cabin crew but how long would the person actually get to be a cabin crew? Is it considered more stable a position considering that he/she gets to train &/or recruit people so in this case doesn't really need to rely too much on youth later on in life? Or does it just mean the exec would just learn the ropes of being a cabin crew but would later only be working as a ground crew, etc.?

I think SIA is still trying to recruit cabin crew exec. if I'm not wrong and I've been thinking it's actually more worthwhile being a cabin crew executive if one is a degree holder coz I'm aware that one of the criteria is that the person applying for the post should be someone with an honours degree so does this mean an exec. will earn more as well?

Cabin Crew Exec = Money + Stability

No too sure about this. Does anyone know? Care to share? =)

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Postby toygirl » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 11:13 am

You do not earn higher at a Cabin Crew Executive level. For a Honours grad, the pay will be $2.5-$3K max. A flight stewardess will earn more in the short run. You earn more when you become a Cabin Crew Manager.

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Postby shrapnel » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 1:48 pm

dear angel_cambiel,
perhaps u can try up for the upcoming interview this sunday..being an air stewardess could actually boost up ur life experience as well as enjoying ur work..being a cabin crew executive mightbe later ...who knows maybe u'll get promoted as leading FSS in a few yrs time rite.

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Postby toygirl » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 5:59 pm

How it works is that you will go to the office for a while and then when a class for cabin crew training begins you attend, pass the exam and operate as a crew for a very short time (6 months or less) and then you go back to being a Cabin Crew Executive.

Not worth it salary wise.

angel_cambiel

Postby angel_cambiel » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 9:49 pm

Thks Toygirl and Shrapnel for the enlightenment =) But actually I won't be able to attend the recruitment this time round coz of the skin problem on my face which will take some time to get rid of. But seems like cabin crew exec is out of the question, coz part of the perks of being a cabin crew is being able to travel, no pt being an exec and get to be a cabin crew for at most 6 mths "-_-

nipnip22

Postby nipnip22 » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 12:35 am

angel_cambiel wrote:Thks Toygirl and Shrapnel for the enlightenment =) But actually I won't be able to attend the recruitment this time round coz of the skin problem on my face which will take some time to get rid of. But seems like cabin crew exec is out of the question, coz part of the perks of being a cabin crew is being able to travel, no pt being an exec and get to be a cabin crew for at most 6 mths "-_-

Hi angel,
May I know what is it you're currently doing for your face? What skin problem is it for?
Cheers,
Nip