Singapore Expats

Gulfair Recruitment

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Gulfair Recruitment

Post by desijoey » Sat, 04 Nov 2006 4:39 pm

Hi!

Does anyone know if Gulfair will ever do a recruitment in Singapore?

Thanks!:)

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Sat, 04 Nov 2006 6:03 pm

They came late year or early this year. Can't recall. Usually conducted by 2 old or middle aged Brits :P

Please apply online at

http://www.gulfaircareers.com/careers/g ... index.aspx

It's the magic genie uniform as we call it :P Apply online. Pay is much lower than EK. Just for your information.

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 5:39 pm

toygirl wrote:They came late year or early this year. Can't recall. Usually conducted by 2 old or middle aged Brits :P

Please apply online at

http://www.gulfaircareers.com/careers/g ... index.aspx

It's the magic genie uniform as we call it :P Apply online. Pay is much lower than EK. Just for your information.
Hi toygirl!Do they conduct yearly interviews in Singapore or it's like once in a blue moon kinda thing?I applied online at their website already but haven't received any response whatsoever so was wondering if they only contact u if they are in singapore or stg....thanks so much!:)

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 5:53 pm

For Gulfair, the recruitment cycle varies - They send out the mass mailers closer to the date of interview plus they advertise in the paper. There is no local rep unlike Emirates so that explains the reason for the lack of frequency. Apply online! It's not really a one in a blue mood thing :)

nana07
Regular
Regular

Post by nana07 » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 10:41 pm

desijoey,
gulfair?are u sure? i recently took gulfair. and i tell you,
the service is bad bad bad.
maybe you can join and improve it! hehehe

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:33 am

nana07 wrote:desijoey,
gulfair?are u sure? i recently took gulfair. and i tell you,
the service is bad bad bad.
maybe you can join and improve it! hehehe
haha thanks toygirl!

nana07: It's coz my bf went to bahrain recently and he took Gulfair.When he came back he was highly recommending the airline and told me to try.Haha...he said the uniform looked pretty nice and so I went online to take a look.Realised their height requirement also suitable for me coz I'm only 157cm tall.How bad isit nana07?I'm reali curious about this airline.Thanks babe!:)

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 1:04 pm

HI THERE
is gulf airlines located in singapore? i mean do they require you to re-locate yourself at bahrain or can u still live in spore?

my advise is to try SIA first as it is a very reputable airline. dont waste your time with other airlines.
SIA trains you well as well. eventhough there seems to be alot of restrictment, it doesnt hurt to try. cos if u dont go you never know.
SIA can surprise you sometimes. just remain calm and be confident. pls also read up on whats happening recently with SIA
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

tatiana

Post by tatiana » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 3:19 pm

Gulf Air has no overseas based crew but only in Bahrain. If you're indepedant, enjoy the life of living in a new country as an expat n love to explore new things, new experiences, go for GF.

If u are home-sick babe, just stick to SQ. :cool:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 3:51 pm

tatiana wrote:Gulf Air has no overseas based crew but only in Bahrain. If you're indepedant, enjoy the life of living in a new country as an expat n love to explore new things, new experiences, go for GF.
Oh really, looks like another one needs to do quite some reading on living in the Gulf; here's a hint for you, have a read of the 'Lonely Planet' travel guide for starters.

tatiana

Post by tatiana » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 5:37 pm

Plavt wrote:Oh really, looks like another one needs to do quite some reading on living in the Gulf; here's a hint for you, have a read of the 'Lonely Planet' travel guide for starters.
Yes Plavt, did I say something wrong? :shock: Isn't that living in Bahrain will definitely a brand new experience?

Anything wrong for us to pack our bags starting up a new chapter in Bahrain? I always think that to understand a culture better, the best way is to live, n to work in the country.

I know there is a mixture of good n bad feedback of working for GF. It's very much depending on how you look into it, and how u want your life to be. As far as I know, most of the GF crew are so nice and friendly, there are about 90 nationalities working together. It's just the money isn't so great as to compare with the famous EK, QR n EY. Bahrain is still developing and not as big as probably your use too. The country is so small, just like a small village n u can travel from one end to another just within hours . Nice cafe's, resturants and bars are all around where you can spend the day. Most of my friends in BAH love living there and have met tons of nice friends.

Whatever it is, just make some friends in BAH and then you can enjoy the atmospere truely. :)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 7:01 pm

tatiana wrote:
Plavt wrote:Oh really, looks like another one needs to do quite some reading on living in the Gulf; here's a hint for you, have a read of the 'Lonely Planet' travel guide for starters.
Yes Plavt, did I say something wrong? :shock: Isn't that living in Bahrain will definitely a brand new experience?

Anything wrong for us to pack our bags starting up a new chapter in Bahrain? I always think that to understand a culture better, the best way is to live, n to work in the country.
No, you didn't say anything wrong but consider the culture, law and moreover women's position in society along with other matters, remember this is an Arab country. There is certain etiquette you will have to observe in public and be aware of what dangers and annoyances there may be.

As an example a businessman friend of mine lived in Bahrain, as a westerner he was aloud to buy and drink alcohol. However, sometimes there would be knock at his door by native Muslim people who would want to buy it. This is why anybody living their in certain places must always look through the spyglass before opening the door. Should you be silly enough to sell alcohol to such persons the likelihood is they will get drunk and will tell the police where they bought the booze and yes you will get flogged!

I am not saying you shouldn’t go, simply weigh up the pros and cons first. I know the sense of adventure can seem tempting and there is nothing wrong with that but you have to take care. I have traveled around Asia and a few other places but will always read up on dangers and annoyances (there is a section under that heading in the travel guide I mentioned), diseases, law, where to go when things go wrong.

Here are some links you may find interesting do take your time to read through them;

http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/resourc ... ofile.html

http://shop.lonelyplanet.com/product_de ... uctID=2631

tatiana

Post by tatiana » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 8:10 pm

Plavt wrote: As an example a businessman friend of mine lived in Bahrain, as a westerner he was aloud to buy and drink alcohol. However, sometimes there would be knock at his door by native Muslim people who would want to buy it. This is why anybody living their in certain places must always look through the spyglass before opening the door. Should you be silly enough to sell alcohol to such persons the likelihood is they will get drunk and will tell the police where they bought the booze and yes you will get flogged!
Wow, this is interesting. Thanks for sharing. I benefit myself from reading thru the site you suggested. Yeah, in this region, only expats with liquor license could purchase liquor n drink legally. In fact, this matter happens not only in Bahrain, but also in Qatar, Oman, Kuwait... where the locals (Muslim) come knocking your door for liquor.

Me myself, I was born n raised in an Islamic country (I'm non-Muslim) so I find no problem adhering well to strict rules. However, it's undoubtedly hard for westerner adapting to the middle eastern lifestyle in spite of the great culture shock. As for Singaporean/Malaysian, should be just fine I suppose? :)

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 5:42 pm

corines143 wrote:HI THERE
is gulf airlines located in singapore? i mean do they require you to re-locate yourself at bahrain or can u still live in spore?

my advise is to try SIA first as it is a very reputable airline. dont waste your time with other airlines.
SIA trains you well as well. eventhough there seems to be alot of restrictment, it doesnt hurt to try. cos if u dont go you never know.
SIA can surprise you sometimes. just remain calm and be confident. pls also read up on whats happening recently with SIA
Hi corines143!I did try for SIA before but becoz of my 1cm lack in height,I was ousted.Dats why I'm looking for alternatives.I do not mind staying in another country even if it's gonna be a strict Muslim country.It'll be good exposure for me.:)Thanks for your kind advise!