Singapore Expats Forum

pharmaceutical positions...CRA

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Jazzy

pharmaceutical positions...CRA

Postby Jazzy » Mon, 24 Nov 2003 9:52 pm

Is there a demand for Clinical Research Associates in Singapore..........what qualifications are required...and what would be the salary considering I have 5 years experience as a Medical Rep in the pharmaceutical industry.
Jazzy

Pharma girl

Postby Pharma girl » Tue, 25 Nov 2003 8:27 pm

Hi Yes there is a demand for CRAs- do you have any experience as a CRA in Singapore and the region :)

CRM

Postby CRM » Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:30 pm

Yes there is a demand. Starting salaries from 2.6-3K depending on the company, scope, and your educational background. Can start at 4+K if you have the negotiating skills, but without any experience many companies would not be keen to offer much more if a fresh grad is willing to start lower since you'll both need the training.

5yrs as a sales rep is not a big deal if you don't have GCP and site management experience. You are often competing with pharmacists and research nurses.

Postby Guest » Thu, 22 Apr 2004 4:02 pm

Hi CRM,

I am a Canadian who works in the clinical research field. I had worked in CRO for a year in Taiwan and am currently working as a Clinical Research Coordinator in Canada. I am about to complete one Clinical Research Professional program this summer, so I would like to look for CRA opportunities in Singapore. You seem to know the clinical research environment very well, and perhaps you are a Clinical Research Manager yourself. Are the companies hiring foreign professionals right now?

Cheers, toto

ZEDKA

Postby ZEDKA » Sat, 29 May 2004 2:52 pm

Hi everyone!

I've been working as a clinical research associate here in the Philippines handling clinical studies of various cosmetic products (also cosmeceuticals) for about 8 months. I've worked also as an R&D Pharmacist, in charge of formulation, stability testing, and pilot production of pharmaceutical products for about 9 months.

What are my chances og landing a job in the field of research, considering that I'm a foreigner and I have only a few years of work experience?

Thanks

:D
ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME FIND A JOB IN SINGAPORE? I'M 22. I'VE BEEN WORKING AS A CLINICAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS IN A COSMECEUTICAL COMPANY. I'VE WORKED ALSO AS AN R&D PHARMACIST IN A PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY. THANKS! =)

CRAgirl

Regional CRA salary demand?

Postby CRAgirl » Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:25 am

Hi CRM and other clinical research professionals,

I'm an asian 'expat' working with a pharma in Singapore as a CRA, with slightly over 2 years experience. Just started a new job with 3K salary (non confirmed). I think it's a little bit low considering the fact that I am required to do regional work as well.

Any feedback on the above? Or should I thank my lucky stars already....

For the others who have written in, I think you'd stand a good chance in getting a CRA job with some amount of clinical research experience.The company i'd just left had trouble finding people with any direct experience (e.g clinical research coordinators/CRAs) and they ended up employing fresh grads.(which works both ways because the starting salary was very 'sad' for me as a fresh grad).

I'm amazed as to how much western professionals can earn here as opposed to other asian expats. :(

Thanks,
CRAgirl

Mydriacyl

Re: Regional CRA salary demand?

Postby Mydriacyl » Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:31 pm

Hi I'm a clinical Trial co-ordinator in a research institute in Singapore. I was wondering how can i look for other demands in this area? Is there a good place i can get my clincal research of 1 year to good use ? Also my salary here at my current work place is "pathetic".
I have GCP,IRB training and also onsite self management skills. I am a state registered staff nurse as well.

JASA

Postby JASA » Tue, 24 May 2005 1:21 pm

I am an expat living in Singapore. I am looking for a job in the pharmaceutical industry. I am a chemistry graduate have 5 years experience in Medical sales from Aventis Pharmaceuticals. What positions are ideal with my experience? I am considering CRA positions but I am told one requires experience? Is this true ? Would love to hear from people with similar background regarding their successes in finding a job in Singapore.