Singapore Expats

extention of SVP?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
bxtatic

extention of SVP?

Post by bxtatic » Mon, 30 Oct 2006 2:52 am

hello all, i've been in singapore for about 3 months now looking for work. while i was still in canada, i applied for a pre-approved employment pass, and all i had to do was send in a copy of my degree etc.

this pass that i have allows me to stay in singapore to look for work for 6 months. however i still have not found a job i would like to take and come march (when my 6 months is up), i do not want to be in a position where i must take any job just so i can stay here.

does anyone know why i only have 6 months, while i am reading that others have 1 or 2 years?

can i get this extended? any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

lalit_72

long term SPV

Post by lalit_72 » Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:15 pm

you can go to ICA building at 10 kallang road singapore & at 4th story you can apply for Long term SPV. In the application form you can state that u intend to work in singapore & dont forget to attach your degree & travel document photostat copies. If your application is accepted then immigartion officials would ask for a medical certificate & S$40 as fee & you will be given one year SPV.

cheers...

donhay

Post by donhay » Thu, 09 Nov 2006 2:24 pm

thankz lalit for the info, i wanted that too. much appreciated